"I Rise" thread

I took more spins of "I Rise", it's a good song, but nothing special. Can't wait to hear the songs inspired by Portuguese music and other Latin flavored tracks. Bring it on Anitta! 😀

26 minutes ago, mamifero said:

me english no good, sorry señor :lol:

Perdón por el malentendido! 🧐

Anyway, I think it's a solid album track with a nice melodic chorus. While I thought Medelllin could do with a little judicious editing, I feel like this one is a little short. Needs one of those magic Madonna bridges.

I can't wait to download and hear this song!  But, don't get distracted, we are still hours away, yet the live performance is trending big in USA  #10 :tigger:.... 🙏please don't forget to add comments and LIKE comments today... we have until midnight to add more views for this week's charts!!!!!💖💖

45 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

#magic

This song is doing real magic to me. With each listen it’s like listening to a completely different song, and each song is better than the last. Except that it’s all one song! Wtf? Lol It introduces itself the way no other song ever has! Is this the sound of the future that Mirwais was referring to? Because my ears definitely never heard anything like it before. 

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

so mdna.adria is sharing the song with anyone who sends them dm? great.

“u little fuckers”

Oh

Sounds like M finally was able to sing about stuff she’s actually passionate about. This is Freedom reworked and redone and polished into a gorgeous track! I hope the rest of the album is just as free and creative! 

Btw, on a side note, I noticed that the melody in some verses remind me Red Roses by Lil Sky 

18 minutes ago, Isaac said:

so mdna.adria is sharing the song with anyone who sends them dm? great.

“u little fuckers”

Probably because iTunes and Spotify are not available in South-Eastern Europe

2 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Probably because iTunes and Spotify are not available in South-Eastern Europe

deezer is avaliable. and so are plenty of vpn apps and extensions. 

Wow, once again she blows away those vocals ....and in a kind of spacey way in spots. So cool. The powerful beats and the violin are beautiful. I love how the song is completely different from Medellin. Both songs are great insight to how creative and visual this new album will be and with the highs and lows of life. I can't wait for the download on iTunes tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

Something I love about Madonna is that she challenges me as a listener/consumer of her art. Sometimes upon first listen, it's just so different than my expectations that I almost can't comprehend the sound? Some Madonna songs I fucking LOVE, that I just didn't get upon first listen: Frozen, Music, Impressive Instant, Nobody Knows Me, Die Another Day, American Life, I'm so Stupid, Mother and Father... like I had never heard songs sound anything like these before and I was like, what the fuck am I hearing exactly? I couldn't live without these songs now! So I think it's really cool that nearly 4 decades into her career, she is doing it to us again and coming out with music so fresh and unexpected! 

Awww great post and I totally know what you mean. 

2 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm doing an assignment has it leaked?

No haha it's already released in Australia and NZ

9 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm doing an assignment has it leaked?

It didn't leak. It got released in territories where it's already May 04.

2 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Im gonna wait it out till midnight here and listen through my new headphones on Spotify 

It sounds amazing on headphones!!!

I prefer Medelling too, but it's a good album track, catchy and with top noch production. The multi-layered chorus and the last minute are the actual standouts here. The song reminds me too of Queen, Ghosttown, Devil Wouldn't Recognize Me... good songs that I like but I don't particularly love.