"I Rise" thread

Just now, elijah said:

there is no such Madonna song though

Hahaha. True. Guess I’m overly excited and have been playing too much devil may cry 5. Fixed!!! 

1 minute ago, FeTuoni said:

Oh, I’m not talking about songwriting, but how good it sounds. The production has no distortion, it sounds great and her voice, even tho auto tuned - for artistic choices - sounds great - crystal clear. 

oh, from production point... yeah. But RH had A MASS of great songs.

Just now, Musicinferno said:

Nah it´s so much better

I love Queen. I think it has something from it (but Queen is much more devastating as a track). I Rise sounds like a RH and BS lovechild. I cant really put my finger what it reminds me of.

4 minutes ago, Mensch said:

For me, it’s a direct sister to Queen...

No, it’s actuallly a direct sister of “Revolver”. Same voice. Even same cord progression. 

I’m sorry but this pales in comparison to the amazing Medellín. Just my opinion tho. I’m happy many of you love it. I just don’t like her voice in this song at all. The part where she says “no one can hurt you unless you let them to...” what is going on with her voice? It’s all chewed up and mumbly... Weird. I wasn’t gonna listen to it, but a fried that knows me well said it wasn’t gonna be my favorite anyway, so I listened and yeah... no... 

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

I’m sorry but this pales in comparison to the amazing Medellín. Just my opinion tho. I’m happy many of you love it. I just don’t like her voice in this song at all. The part where she says “no one can hurt you unless you let them to...” what is going on with her voice? It’s all chewed up and mumbly... Weird. I wasn’t gonna listen to it, but a fried that knows me well said it wasn’t gonna be my favorite anyway, so I listened and yeah... no... 

You LL understand her voicES growing up with her 

With respect not being mean to you

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

:megamanson:

4 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

I also prefer the vocal register she sings in on Medellin. Cant really decide if I like Medellin or I Rise more... They sound totally different for me. Medellin has its ROLeque verses and big latin chorus (its like a cross between Substitute For Love and Leila Leila Leila), while I Rise sounds like a cross between BS and RH with its r n b American feel. Its like they cant be compared really. Or there must be a time passed to compare it? 

I prefer I Rise to Medellin. It's actually way better!, Considering it's not the second single i am starving for Crave.

I'd like to hear it in the context of the album.

Right now it's solid and good, but I don't feel it as much as other M ballads. However, it may grow on me, and tbh I like it! Such a sweet treat for the weekend.

Edited by Alvarø

I forgot all about this, and just got my itunes notifications. WHat a nice surprise!!!!! I LOVE IT!!