"I Rise" thread

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Is this confirmed? If it’s true we’ll find out #soon.

I think Jairo also heard this thing from his source

39 minutes ago, topdog said:

Just a daft thought, but might the theatre video be for a remix of the song I Rise. A bit like WIFLFAG?

robster says the video was not for "i rise," which makes sense. this is probably just a promo single timed to the glaad award. 

Edited by bardo

There seems to be a lot of confusion. I think all the songs scheduled for release until the album comes out are just promotional previews. Not actual singles. I believe "Killers" will be the official 2nd single and the one performed at Eurovision. (And it's produced by Madonna and Mirwais alone, so I'm thinking it will be a dance track.)

47 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

The insider was wrong about the release, but maybe they thought to put out  Medellin to get more attention.

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

The insider was wrong about the release, but maybe they thought to put out  Medellin to get more attention.

Or maybe this “journalist” is doing what people have been doing here for the past year and a half: piecing together various rumours, speculation and half-truths to create something that amounts to #fakenews and then reporting on it like it’s fact.

1 minute ago, strictmachine said:

Or maybe this “journalist” is doing what people have been doing here for the past year and a half: piecing together various rumours, speculation and half-truths to create something that amounts to #fakenews and then reporting on it like it’s fact.

Exactly.. however we're close to the release of the second song and I doubt they will release a new video after few weeks from the first 1.

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

There seems to be a lot of confusion. I think all the songs scheduled for release until the album comes out are just promotional previews. Not actual singles. I believe "Killers" will be the official 2nd single and the one performed at Eurovision. (And it's produced by Madonna and Mirwais alone, so I'm thinking it will be a dance track.)

This makes more sense to me.

Thanks for the clarity.😀

Also, I think there will be a video for "I Rise" but it's still just a promo. This may cause confusion and make people think it's the second single. I've already seen comments online like, "Wow. Medellin didn't last long, did it? She's jumping to another single so soon." I think using the songs itself as promo is a good idea. You can still have traditional singles at the same time and that's what I think (I hope) she is doing.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Also, I think there will be a video for "I Rise" but it's still just a promo. This may cause confusion and make people think it's the second single. I've already seen comments online like, "Wow. Medellin didn't last long, did it? She's jumping to another single so soon." I think using the songs itself as promo is a good idea. You can still have traditional singles at the same time and that's what I think (I hope) she is doing.

Really, I don't see a difference anymore, especially if there is a video to the song. They all serve the same purpose which is to promote the album and eventually a tour.  I'm sure they knew they weren't going to get much radio support, so offering any song to the public is good to me. 

Crazy theory, but maybe she was planning a 1st single release around performing at Pride, and when that fell out, went with Medellin? Hence why she filmed Medellin after this supposed disco banger's video? She was filming lots of stuff during Q1 of 19, so maybe she had plans B and C all the time.

Just now, Icykiller said:

Crazy theory, but maybe she was planning a 1st single release around performing at Pride, and when that fell out, went with Medellin? Hence why she filmed Medellin after this supposed disco banger's video? She was filming lots of stuff during Q1 of 19, so maybe she had plans B and C all the time.

I think the Pride negotiations are still going on??

1 minute ago, rekha said:

I think the Pride negotiations are still going on??

Oh ok didn't know that. So Pride's still a possibility? Regardless, we'll get to hear I Rise soon, and see what 'anthemic' stands for. 

Yeah I have a feeling that Medellin was originally planned as the second single but things got changed around.

I think we'll get the second proper single/music video in time for Eurovision, with some grat tracks in between.

We need the dance track to end all dance tracks. If anyone can do it, M&M(irwais) can. 

Side note: That theory of “Medellín” originally planned as the second single makes a lot of sense. It doesn’t sound like a lead single. Imagine if “Don’t Tell Me” had preceded “Music.” 

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

I have a feeling Medellín was always planned as the first single.

me too, i always thought the 2 single strategy is great.

12 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

hopefully.

Why hopefully? 🙂

8 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I have a feeling Medellín was always planned as the first single.

Same. It was recorded last and she would have wanted to introduce her “world music” record with Maluma as a duet. 

The rumor was always "Killers" as the second single and the video being shot at the theater M posted about. However, I feel a "insider" just used the release of "I Rise" this week to try to seem truthful and thus the confusion. If people from the set said it was Killers, I doubt she'd go single single so quickly right after Medellin is bound to get some boost from the BBMA performance. Still think it's Killers.

5 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

The rumor was always "Killers" as the second single and the video being shot at the theater M posted about. However, I feel a "insider" just used the release of "I Rise" this week to try to seem truthful and thus the confusion. If people from the set said it was Killers, I doubt she'd go single single so quickly right after Medellin is bound to get some boost from the BBMA performance. Still think it's Killers.

Yeah I agree...so these Friday releases will keep the album in the news and then first few weeks of June, she drops the second single+video and hopefully announces Pride which is at the end of June. 

35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Can't wait to hear Madonna belt out IM A KILLER ON THE DANCEFLOOR 

Is that an actual lyric or are you just guessing?