"I Rise" thread

it's possible some of these rumors and facts are being mixed up together. if it's indeed a ballad, "i rise" could just be the next "promo" single, not the official second single. the rumors we've heard about the music video with the drag queens suggested the song was more uptempo. i guess we'll find out soon enough.

8 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Yes I would prefer if she removed it completely. I don't understand the placing and terrible font of her name on the standard version

I think it's because she looks like Frida from afar. The misplacement helps with the unibrow effect. 

Just now, bardo said:

it's possible some of these rumors and facts are being mixed up together. if it's indeed a ballad, "i rise" could just be the next "promo" single, not the official second single. the rumors we've heard about the music video with the drag queens suggested the song was more uptempo. i guess we'll find out soon enough.

It's kinda weird that a ballad will become gay anthem, but who knows!

But if @Mensch said that the song on the drag queen video (Killers?) was uptempo but not particularly discoish (as far as he could tell, with all the noise etc) and if I Rise is midtempo, then the amazing snippet in one of her Instagram stories a while back may not be part of the album after all? Or maybe it got scrapped? Or maybe it's another song?

25 minutes ago, JWAD said:

The only thing not matching is the standard edition which has the Times font for Madonna and the lips sown. I hope she reconsiders and uses the bold Madame X font for her name on this version.

The Times font is used on her website and on a lot of the merch. The lip script matches the Medellín single cover. These four typefaces are found throughout the Madame X art and merch. And I am now totally sold on the font on her brows. It looks great (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, Phineaspoe said:

Listening to a Madonna album closer so early on? Mmm I don’t think so. Then again, I have never been able to resist not listening to a new Madonna song.... 

Yeah, no way will I listen to this one before the album release. Her closers are often the highlights for me. I will probably listen to other official pre-release tracks but not this one.

12 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

But if @Mensch said that the song on the drag queen video (Killers?) was uptempo but not particularly discoish (as far as he could tell, with all the noise etc) and if I Rise is midtempo, then the amazing snippet in one of her Instagram stories a while back may not be part of the album after all? Or maybe it got scrapped? Or maybe it's another song?

Did Mensch hear rumor of the song back then being called Killers? Don't remember that name exept from fans guessing.

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

Did Mensch hear rumor of the song back then being called Killers? Don't remember that name exept from fans guessing.

Bat-Fan, I don't think so. I think the whole guessing game began when we saw Killers on the whiteboard listed as the first track. 

On 4/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, peter said:

Yes, exactly. Here’s the Google Doodle I was referring to, which was published on Dr. Angelou’s ninetieth birthday:

http://www.google.com/doodles/dr-maya-angelous-90th-birthday

(I posted this in the album thread... The poem is really powerful and certainly has some emotional intersections with Madonna and her artistic and personal journeys. We’ll soon see if there is any interpolation of Dr. Angelou’s poem in Madonna’s song...)

1 minute ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Bat-Fan, I don't think so. I think the whole guessing game began when we saw Killers on the whiteboard listed as the first track. 

Think so too.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I'm figuring "I Rise" is the ballad.  Most likely just a promo single to coincide with her GLAAD'S Event.  It's going to be weird though since I know all eyes will be on this BBMA's performance which is getting major hype for being a huge spectacle.  This could overshadow the "I Rise" release, but who knows. 

Whatever song is being released the week of Eurovision is probably going to be performed on Eurovision.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Yeah, no way will I listen to this one before the album release. Her closers are often the highlights for me. I will probably listen to other official pre-release tracks but not this one.

This is how I feel too. I want to enjoy the album without hearing too many songs. The issue is can I hold out until June 😐.

44 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Well, the deluxe and standard cover looks like totally 2 different persons. 

Exactly! That's the point. 

Madame X has different personas & looks!

2 minutes ago, ITG said:

This is how I feel too. I want to enjoy the album without hearing too many songs. The issue is can I hold out until June 😐.

If it's only audio than I can hold out BUT if there is a video too than NO WAY😝😝

2 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It's kinda weird that a ballad will become gay anthem, but who knows!

It's possible, Beautiful by Christina sort of fits description. Ballads can definitely be anthems 

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Do we even know for certain that this song is being pre-released or did a rumor somehow become fact?

It was revealed through some sort of glitch on iTunes when the album was put up for pre-order. A similar glitch revealed the album tracklisting and ended up being accurate.

So it seems like it was the plan at least as of 1.5 weeks ago (I Rise- May 3, Crave- May 10, Future- May 17, Dark Ballet- June7)

1 minute ago, Cesky said:

It was revealed through some sort of glitch on iTunes when the album was put up for pre-order. A similar glitch revealed the album tracklisting and ended up being accurate.

So it seems like it was the plan at least as of 1.5 weeks ago (I Rise- May 3, Crave- May 10, Future- May 17, Dark Ballet- June7)

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Cesky said:

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

Thanks!

Yes, AND the official news release does indicate select tracks will be made available prior to the album release — although the official release stopped short of identifying which ones. (It did highlight certain tracks with descriptions, so it makes it all the more likely those will be released digitally before the album.)

So — it’s a combo of a technical glitch specifically supporting a more general piece of official information.

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

It's possible, Beautiful by Christina sort of fits description. Ballads can definitely be anthems 

1 hour ago, peppermint said:

True colors by Cyndi Lauper is considered a "gay anthem"

Totally agree. Beautiful gay anthems! 

4 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

i've been thinking the same thing. shazam doesn't recognize the snippet and it's been pretty good at detecting the other snippets of unreleased songs from the album. so either the clip is just too short or the song was changed dramatically (very possible) or scrapped (also possible).

4 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

No I never heard anything about the name, but now I’m thinking...maybe the official video will be the remix and it will come out AFTER the release of the ballad version...

as everyone is saying, why ruin the momentum from the BMA’s so quickly with the release of the next single so fast ...so maybe the album version (ballad) will be released and then a retro remix will shortly follow with a video! 

8 hours ago, JWAD said:

The only thing not matching is the standard edition which has the Times font for Madonna and the lips sown. I hope she reconsiders and uses the bold Madame X font for her name on this version. Something like this:

Screenshot_20190418_114923.jpg

Yes. So much this. I hate the times new Roman that was chosen. This looks great! OR a font that actually forms to the shape of a full Unibrow with curves and stuff. 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Madonna has never said this will be an anthem. 

It's written in the press release.