WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

20 minutes ago, Jim34 said:

So, the strategy was to make Medellin a hit in Latin countries.

Did it work? Is Medellin succesful there?

I don't think that was the strategy, they said though that after Crave the idea was to keep pushing Medellín in Latin countries. 

1 hour ago, Jim34 said:

So, the strategy was to make Medellin a hit in Latin countries.

Did it work? Is Medellin succesful there?

I'd say it's quite the opposite. Most of the stuff he's released surrounding Medellin, like his own single "HP" and his collaboration with Becky G "La Respuesta" has done better.

And if we go by streaming the difference is quite big.

In YouTube "HP" has 283M in two months, "La Respuesta" has 67M in three weeks while "Medellin" is still at 20M in two weeks.

In Spotify this is how "HP" is currently doing:

Spotify:
#1 Mexico
#4 Bolivia
#4 Ecuador
#4 Peru
#8 El Salvador
#8 Uruguay
#9 Guatemala
#11 Argentina
#11 Colombia
#12 Nicaragua
#13 Honduras
#14 Spain
#16 Costa Rica
#18 Paraguay
#23 Chile
#24 Worldwide
#35 Dominican Republic
#38 Panama
#43 Switzerland
#44 Italy
#52 Portugal
#57 Bulgaria
#64 Romania
#68 Luxembourg
#76 Israel
#78 Malta
#82 Cyprus

#127 Hungary
#137 Greece
#146 Slovakia
#187 United States

"La Respuesta":

Spotify:
#36 Spain
#48 Uruguay
#50 Bolivia
#63 Peru
#69 Argentina
#70 Ecuador
#73 Mexico
#97 Guatemala
#99 Chile
#125 El Salvador
#147 Paraguay
#151 Honduras
#156 Panama
#160 Colombia
#166 Costa Rica
#180 Dominican Republic

And "Medellin":

Spotify:
#100 Bulgaria
#116 Colombia
#186 Australia
#192 Bolivia
#199 Guatemala

To be honest and when checking those numbers I don't think most of his fanbase is connecting with the track. Madonna mispronouncing "conmigo" all over the song probably doesn't help. (She sings conmigo when it should be conmigo so it sounds rather odd and forced to a Spanish speaking person. It's a bit shocking nobody tried to work around this in production).

I keep on going back to Medellin, because to me that is the absolute jewel so far out of the three we officially know. The only one, the other two I do not like them at all despite several plays. I do not believe in "growers", either music hits me instantly or it will never be part of my soul. Will see the rest.

Medellin is joy, this song is everything but dark and gloomy. Gives me positivity, gives me energy, give me life. I was imagining how it would be performed on stage and my imagination ran wild - I am definitely looking forward to witness Medellin being performed LIVE before my eyes, no matter where the heck I will end up sitting and what theatre I shall be able to go to!

2 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

I keep on going back to Medellin, because to me that is the absolute jewel so far out of the three we officially know. The only one, the other two I do not like them at all despite several plays. I do not believe in "growers", either music hits me instantly or it will never be part of my soul. Will see the rest.

Medellin is joy, this song is everything but dark and gloomy. Gives me positivity, gives me energy, give me life. I was imagining how it would be performed on stage and my imagination ran wild - I am definitely looking forward to witness Medellin being performed LIVE before my eyes, no matter where the heck I will end up sitting and what theatre I shall be able to go to!

Yes papi.

946C19BF-1BB1-47DB-8866-41EC9188C345.gif

That really surprises me. I was sure that it will be a smash in latin countries.

Whatever, I enjoy every second of the Madame X era.

I’ve said it before, but it’s always worth saying again. “Slow down papi” and “one two Cha Cha Cha” have become Madonna trademarks even at this early stage. If you utter these phrases around any respectable Madonna fan they’re going to know exactly what you’re talking about. And they also will very likely enjoy the phrases. Madonna is a marketing genius and she chose the first single correctly.

Medellin keeps increasing in airplay in Latin American countries so it's not over yet. Not that it will go far but it's being heard. A friend told me she loves the song yesterday after she heard it on the radio and found out it was Madonna so... 

53 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I'd say it's quite the opposite. Most of the stuff he's released surrounding Medellin, like his own single "HP" and his collaboration with Becky G "La Respuesta" has done better.

And if we go by streaming the difference is quite big.

In YouTube "HP" has 283M in two months, "La Respuesta" has 67M in three weeks while "Medellin" is still at 20M in two weeks.

In Spotify this is how "HP" is currently doing:

Spotify:
#1 Mexico
#4 Bolivia
#4 Ecuador
#4 Peru
#8 El Salvador
#8 Uruguay
#9 Guatemala
#11 Argentina
#11 Colombia
#12 Nicaragua
#13 Honduras
#14 Spain
#16 Costa Rica
#18 Paraguay
#23 Chile
#24 Worldwide
#35 Dominican Republic
#38 Panama
#43 Switzerland
#44 Italy
#52 Portugal
#57 Bulgaria
#64 Romania
#68 Luxembourg
#76 Israel
#78 Malta
#82 Cyprus

#127 Hungary
#137 Greece
#146 Slovakia
#187 United States

"La Respuesta":

Spotify:
#36 Spain
#48 Uruguay
#50 Bolivia
#63 Peru
#69 Argentina
#70 Ecuador
#73 Mexico
#97 Guatemala
#99 Chile
#125 El Salvador
#147 Paraguay
#151 Honduras
#156 Panama
#160 Colombia
#166 Costa Rica
#180 Dominican Republic

And "Medellin":

Spotify:
#100 Bulgaria
#116 Colombia
#186 Australia
#192 Bolivia
#199 Guatemala

To be honest and when checking those numbers I don't think most of his fanbase is connecting with the track. Madonna mispronouncing "conmigo" all over the song probably doesn't help. (She sings conmigo when it should be conmigo so it sounds rather odd and forced to a Spanish speaking person. It's a bit shocking nobody tried to work around this in production).

I love Medellin. Beautiful track. We ve discussed.

But a good example of it not connecting with people saw last night: a party with europeans and latin americans. I was surprised someone at the party said lets play the new Madonna song- of course they go to youtube- everyones drinking and had just been listening to dancey music before this.

First the intro (which i love) theyre like okay this is too long and start to fast forward. They do the same with verses. They forward to the middle when the song is going and thats when they leave it and people dance. But of course this means they will probably not bother again.

I think the solution is to make a Radio Dance Edit version on youtube with more of a beat on the verses, sped up a bit, no intro. People would LOVE IT. Specially 1 2 cha cha parts.

4 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

Medellin keeps increasing in airplay in Latin American countries so it's not over yet.

I noticed that too running a few searches on social media specific to this song radio airplay, plenty of results related to Latin America radio stations playing the song - I am very happy about that! 🙂

18 minutes ago, Jim34 said:

That really surprises me. I was sure that it will be a smash in latin countries.

Whatever, I enjoy every second of the Madame X era.

Yeah, I feel I am past that already...  as long as I am enjoying the new music and MADONNA keeps serving current sounds like Crave, they can shove their streams, radio plays, and chart placings up their ass... and MADONNA keeps selling out her concerts... that's really where the success is...

57 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Madonna mispronouncing "conmigo" all over the song probably doesn't help. (She sings conmigo when it should be conmigo so it sounds rather odd and forced to a Spanish speaking person. It's a bit shocking nobody tried to work around this in production).

Don’t think she’s mispronouncing “conmigo”. She’s just singing the word according to the lines of the melody. 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It's unbelievable that Living for Love, Give Me All Your Luvin', Girl Gone Wild and (in most countries) Ghosttown and Bitch I'm Madonna were much bigger hits than Medellin. It flopped completely. 😕

Yeah, it’s not even a month yet since its release. 🙄

13 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Don’t think she’s mispronouncing “conmigo”. She’s just singing the word according to the lines of the melody. 👍🏻

Precisely.

I don't think either that it resounates so much Conmigo being pronounced with the stress in the end. It is true though that my husband, who is Bulgarian, didn't know she was singing that line in Spanish until I told him so. 

To be honest Medellin has all the elements to be a great track but didn't satisfy those loving reggaeton and those despising it :lol: In my case, I LOOOOOOVE IT, maybe because I am not into reggaeton but I don't despise it either. It is a song for the open minded and sadly in terms of music it is difficult to be open minded. 

Some comments in social media are against the song claimingthey hate reggaeton and my answer is always "but have you heard the track?". 

9 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yeah, it’s not even a month yet since its release. 🙄

I know :lol:

Why is it that all the bitter and disappointed comments come always from the same names? I have zero memory for users here, really, even people who have been here for years are not known to me, but there are some names who are ALWAYS bringing the negative and disappointment. 

14 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It's unbelievable that Living for Love, Give Me All Your Luvin', Girl Gone Wild and (in most countries) Ghosttown and Bitch I'm Madonna were much bigger hits than Medellin. It flopped completely. 😕

I know. Even "Golden" did better... : - / 

I love it.  Is such an unusual but joyful track that is also somewhat sentimental.  Hard to describe.  Such a beautiful contrast between the verses and the choruses ( there are two choruses !  )   Maluma sings with so much passion and character and he adds to the song instead of just seeming like a cameo.  I loved the video and the BB performance.  

1 hour ago, pjcowley said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️

I'm sure you'll find a lot more to love when the album will be out 😊

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I love it.  Is such an unusual but joyful track that is also somewhat sentimental.  Hard to describe.  Such a beautiful contrast between the verses and the choruses ( there are two choruses !  )   Maluma sings with so much passion and character and he adds to the song instead of just seeming like a cameo.  I loved the video and the BB performance.  

Exactly! Precisely, totally agree - such a joy isn't it? Beautiful beautiful song we love

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I know :lol:

Why is it that all the bitter and disappointed comments come always from the same names? I have zero memory for users here, really, even people who have been here for years are not known to me, but there are some names who are ALWAYS bringing the negative and disappointment. 

Yes, true. 

And when we call them out, we will be made to look like as if WE ARE the negative ones :no: :fuckoff:

The song is being overplayed to death here, i've only taken a car like once this week and it was played twice in an hour... also on youtube the song is soon to surpass living for love and ghost town, (also i can't believe that generic town has more views than living for love, like wtf) so i don't think that's too bad... i think bim is really hard to surpass in terms of views and just the combined star power... (and it's also my favorite track out of rebel heart so whatever)

38 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I hate the whole "but a friend told me" angle but people I know commenting how she didn't even bother to get that right was rather annoying. I do get she's making it go with the melody, most people who complain probably do too but It does sound odd.