WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,   love it so much !  

... and also I feel the chemistry between Maluma and Madonna is palpable - sure I find him terribly handsome, but I am not biased, there is really a sparkle here between the two of them with this collaboration, which adds to the extra layer of awesomeness for me!

27 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yeah, it’s not even a month yet since its release. 🙄

The focus from now on is more on Madonna the artist as a brand herself, the album, having good press on the whole MADAME X project...slow and steady...not on the individual singles per se. But I guess some fans are just too thick to understand that. 

Just now, pjcowley said:

... and also I feel the chemistry between Maluma and Madonna is palpable - sure I find him terribly handsome, but I am not biased, there is really a sparkle here between the two of them with this collaboration, which adds to the extra layer of awesomeness for me!

Yes,  also he is so respectful and excited to be working with her.  She also said he is professional, lovely and fun ( or something similar ) .   They have a distinct and wonderful chemistry together. 

50 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

I love Medellin. Beautiful track. We ve discussed.

But a good example of it not connecting with people saw last night: a party with europeans and latin americans. I was surprised someone at the party said lets play the new Madonna song- of course they go to youtube- everyones drinking and had just been listening to dancey music before this.

First the intro (which i love) theyre like okay this is too long and start to fast forward. They do the same with verses. They forward to the middle when the song is going and thats when they leave it and people dance. But of course this means they will probably not bother again.

I think the solution is to make a Radio Dance Edit version on youtube with more of a beat on the verses, sped up a bit, no intro. People would LOVE IT. Specially 1 2 cha cha parts.

OMG what a great representation of the SHORT ATTENTION SPAN of todays partygoers. Like with everything, they dont take any time to appreciate a song. Part of Medellin beauty is the build up in my view...

That "THE SPIRIT OF MY MOTHER WHO IS ALWAYS PROTECTING ME" bit from the prayer, is very inspiring and it's already one of my favorite Madonna's moments ever. It's the Madonna touch which is very authentic to her. I find comfort in that part.  

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

That "THE SPIRIT OF MY MOTHER WHO IS ALWAYS PROTECTING ME" bit from the prayer, is very inspiring and it's already one of my favorite Madonna's moments ever. It's the Madonna touch which is very authentic to her. I find comfort in that part.  

That prayer part is already iconic. It instantly reminded me of GGW beginning.

15 minutes ago, elijah said:

OMG what a great representation of the SHORT ATTENTION SPAN of todays partygoers. Like with everything, they dont take any time to appreciate a song. Part of Medellin beauty is the build up in my view...

ok but having the reggaeton remix everyone needs but won't get for some abstract reason doesn't hurt...

51 minutes ago, articunocc said:

ok but having the reggaeton remix everyone needs but won't get for some abstract reason doesn't hurt...

A little part of my Spanish culo-mover was waiting for a Pablo Flores remix ala Don't Cry For Me Argentina with new voices and more backing vocals! 

I love the song and don't think it is anywhere near over yet!!! Its Spotify streams are holding steady and its airplay as well. Hopefully it's going to be around for a long while!

9 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

In YouTube "HP" has 283M in two months, "La Respuesta" has 67M in three weeks while "Medellin" is still at 20M in two weeks.

No one can deny the stats, but I am still extremely satisfied that she made a very artistic, epic music video with incredible dark undertones that is very true to herself and didn't settle for a basic, predictable, summery, lying on the beach type of video. And of course the song itself is uniquely mellow, it does not warrant that type of visual treatment. 

8 minutes ago, rekha said:

I love the song and don't think it is anywhere near over yet!!! Its Spotify streams are holding steady and its airplay as well. Hopefully it's going to be around for a long while!

It does seem to be growing. I also  heard it at my gym this week twice not that means anything but generally people i feel r liking it more and more!

7 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The focus from now on is more on Madonna the artist as a brand herself, the album, having good press on the whole MADAME X project...slow and steady...not on the individual singles per se. But I guess some fans are just too thick to understand that. 

We've made fun of Guy O. and his "NTP" line from MDNA era so much over the years but I'll be honest........I think since as far back as that time, that has kind of been the "plan". Pushing the Madonna "brand", her tours and albums as opposed to individual singles. I think it's only now that they've managed to master it a little better. Sure, there were little radio deals here and there for some songs but if they REALLY wanted to push the singles, then the approach would've been different. I don't think Madonna is interested in "buying" hits at this stage although obviously, she'd be quite happy if she did organically have a hit song. 

16 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

We've made fun of Guy O. and his "NTP" line from MDNA era so much over the years but I'll be honest........I think since as far back as that time, that has kind of been the "plan". Pushing the Madonna "brand", her tours and albums as opposed to individual singles. I think it's only now that they've managed to master it a little better. Sure, there were little radio deals here and there for some songs but if they REALLY wanted to push the singles, then the approach would've been different. I don't think Madonna is interested in "buying" hits at this stage although obviously, she'd be quite happy if she did organically have a hit song. 

👍

Seriously, would a normal human cry over the fact that "Bitch I'm Madonna" or "Girl Gone Wild" being bigger "hits" than "Medellín"? Of all things in the world? :rotfl:

In full honesty, Medellín had to grow on me...but after a few listens - OH. MY. GOD.  It's like something just clicked. It's an absolute gem. It's truly pop in the way only Madonna can do best. Ugh, I can't get enough of it now.

Part of me wracks my brain (as usual this past decade) as to why it's not hitting the masses in a bigger way...and then I remember what actually charts these days. Fuck it all. These kids consume so much goddamn garbage that I doubt they would know what good, let alone truly great, music is as their steady diets of junk have poisoned them.

Funnily enough, every one I know, who are not M fans, who have heard the song have loved it. It seems to get a great response. My own mother is like "I know you pre-ordered yours, but I'm getting my OWN cd when it comes out!".  :lmao:  As even just a casual fan, the Billboard performance blew her away.

4 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

In full honesty, Medellín had to grow on me...but after a few listens - OH. MY. GOD.  It's like something just clicked. It's an absolute gem. It's truly pop in the way only Madonna can do best. Ugh, I can't get enough of it now.

Part of me wracks my brain (as usual this past decade) as to why it's not hitting the masses in a bigger way...and then I remember what actually charts these days. Fuck it all. These kids consume so much goddamn garbage that I doubt they would know what good, let alone truly great, music is as their steady diets of junk have poisoned them.

Funnily enough, every one I know, who are not M fans, who have heard the song have loved it. It seems to get a great response. My own mother is like "I know you pre-ordered yours, but I'm getting my OWN cd when it comes out!".  :lmao:  As even just a casual fan, the Billboard performance blew her away.

Yes! 

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Hooray to your mum!

On 5/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, Kurt420 said:

But wouldn’t this strategy also rely on pushing and celebrating her back catalogue and her legacy? It only seems logical to me. And since they don’t care about that factor at all, I doubt there’s a strategy like the one you suggested.