WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

4 hours ago, Mensch said:

I absolutely love the transition too. The blonde wedding dress look is so sexy and beautiful...her on the horse=dead!!! Hope to see it on the tour ala confessions

The sequence with her on the horse when I saw it , itmade me immediately think of the '95 Versace photoshoot. So beautiful.

4 hours ago, Andra said:

The sequence with her on the horse when I saw it , itmade me immediately think of the '95 Versace photoshoot. So beautiful.

Yes!!! Agreed!

5 hours ago, Andra said:

Too bad there were no close ups on the horse. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

16 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I have not been able to stop watching this (or the performance actually) since it came out. Looking at her videos all together now, I feel like it's her best since Hung Up. It's so good.

You’re right papi. ✔️

Still madly in love with this song and most stylish video since i don’t even know when.  What a summer smash! I don’t care about chart performance people are loving this song around me and it’s growing on them like most great songs!

17 millions + views in 1 week is a smash in my eyes!🔥💃🏻❤️

On 4/30/2019 at 4:39 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I remember when M performed Living For Love at the Grammys. It was seen by millions of people and no one cared. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. 😞

Yeah, LFL left all my friends cold. I remember posting the Grammy video on Facebook and it got, what, three likes. And lots of them used to stan Madonna hard till MDNA. 

But Medellin feels different. I posted the Billboard performance and had 50 likes and dozens of comments. A lot of casual Brazilian listeners know she has a new song out, but it got a VERY lukewarm response - and lots of fans truly hate it. So much so that when I Rise came out, all you could hear on social media was “thank god - this era has been saved”. 

So I’m not sure how I feel about Medellin (which I have grown to LOVE) being pushed in Latin America. I can’t speak for the whole continent, but in Brazil it kind of backfired. It seems that most older fans are still yearning for “quality music” in the moulds of ROL/COADF and until they get it, “Madonna has lost her mojo”. Younger fans (and, yes, lots of gay men in their late 20s still like Madonna over here), on the other hand, seem more open to contemporary-sounding stuff like I Rise, but they’re more fickle too, and move on to the next Spotify playlist at the snap of a finger. 

It doesnt help, of course, that Brazil is currently in love with you know who, however shallow her music may be. 

Wonder how Crave will do. I could be wrong, but if M can pull off the impossible and release a song that can appeal to both millennials AND COADF/ROL orphans, she could have a moderate-sized hit in Brazil. 

And, honestly, I don’t think the Anita duet will do the trick. 

9 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Yeah, LFL left all my friends cold. I remember posting the Grammy video on Facebook and it got, what, three likes. And lots of them used to stan Madonna hard till MDNA. 

But Medellin feels different. I posted the Billboard performance and had 50 likes and dozens of comments. A lot of casual Brazilian listeners know she has a new song out, but it got a VERY lukewarm response - and lots of fans truly hate it. So much so that when I Rise came out, all you could hear on social media was “thank god - this era has been saved”. 

So I’m not sure how I feel about Medellin (which I have grown to LOVE) being pushed in Latin America. I can’t speak for the whole continent, but in Brazil it kind of backfired. It seems that most older fans are still yearning for “quality music” in the moulds of ROL/COADF and until they get it, “Madonna has lost her mojo”. Younger fans (and, yes, lots of gay men in their late 20s still like Madonna over here), on the other hand, seem more open to contemporary-sounding stuff like I Rise, but they’re more fickle too, and move on to the next Spotify playlist at the snap of a finger. 

It doesnt help, of course, that Brazil is currently in love with you know who, however shallow her music may be. 

Wonder how Crave will do. I could be wrong, but if M can pull off the impossible and release a song that can appeal to both millennials AND COADF/ROL orphans, she could have a moderate-sized hit in Brazil. 

And, honestly, I don’t think the Anita duet will do the trick. 

Their loss. 🙂

5 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Good observation. I come across this sentiment all the time outside this board in Madonna fandom. There definitely is this contingency of her fandom that just won't give it up to her new music until they get their disco number ala COAD (the supposed last time she's done anything truly good). And yes, the younger, newer fans are the ones who seem to be more often than not more open to the more contemporary work.

1 minute ago, VogueMusic said:

Good observation. I come across this sentiment all the time outside this board in Madonna fandom. There definitely is this contingency of her fandom that just won't give it up to her new music until they get their disco number ala COAD (the supposed last time she's done anything truly good). And yes, the younger, newer fans are the ones who seem to be more often than not more open to the more contemporary work.

But I feel like they care less (the younger ones) ...I think it has to do with how long she took from RH amongst a lot of other things...maybe this era will change that. Even with the rough Medellin start, I’m seeing people be interested again. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

But I feel like they care less (the younger ones) ...I think it has to do with how long she took from RH amongst a lot of other things...maybe this era will change that. Even with the rough Medellin start, I’m seeing people be interested again. 

Definitely. But I just chalk that up to near non-existent attention spans or commitment to something when it comes to their generation.

And yes, I definitely see a lot of people interested again. Just the fact that they are aware Madonna has something new out. That's a real improvement on her team's part already.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

I remember when M performed Living For Love at the Grammys. It was seen by millions of people and no one cared. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. 😞

It's obviously very difficult to keep the public interested in Madonna's new music after thirty five years of releasing new music and refusing to be a nostalgic act. 

Madonna is very individualistic with almost an old-school punk rock/fuck off attitude. I want her to be successful and respected, but she will continue being creative even if folks continue to write her off. I like that she presents herself as not giving a shit about the haters.

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

It's obviously very difficult to keep the public interested in Madonna's new music after thirty five years of releasing new music and refusing to be a nostalgic act. 

Madonna is very individualistic with almost an old-school punk rock/fuck off attitude. I want her to be successful and respected, but she will continue being creative even if folks continue to write her off. I like that she presents herself as not giving a shit about the haters.

I actually felt that way during MDNA. Even with the biggest audiences and huge tour, I just noticed the charts didn’t matter anymore and she was just doing what she wanted like any punk rock act...she reached the zenith of her career and now she can just do what she wants and if people wanna enjoy it, so be it. If not, she’ll always have fans that will stand by her till the end. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

It's what I love about her.

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

Has anyone seen the alternate music video on Spotify which is a podcast by her? It's great!

Yeah, it features new scenes. Love it!

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

When you play the song the video appears. M has a few videos for some of her songs. 

i know, and it works for the madame x playlist she made.. but i cant see it for medellin. i’ll try again at home.. thanks 🙂

20 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Search for the song and it will come up as a podcast

Screenshot_20190507_175251.jpg

It’s so fucking cute!!! I love it! It should be uploaded officially on her YouTube! Wtf!!! 

Interesting!! I love that there's so much extra footage of her as the cha-cha instructor. This video is obviously stitched together in a rather casual way, but with this much material the official video could have turned out a completely different way (though I like the official video very much!)

And I notice this video has the radio edit, which sounds better than the one that was linked in another thread, but still a little abrupt.

You can only view the "podcast " on the spotify phone app ? Only have downloaded it on my laptop