WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

9 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

That opening prayer needs to be on the album, or incorporated into a tour interlude!

"From now on, I am Madame X

& Madame X loves to dance....

because you can't hit a moving target."

tumblr_nzc5ej5mi01qzjr2jo4_r1_400.gif

Agree

Those opening lines are EVERYTHING!!!!!

8 minutes ago, horn said:

So where's Monet in the video? Is he one of the dancer? :1251: 

Monet is in the video filmed in the LA theater with other drag queens. Most likely for the I Rise or Killers songs.

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

This video is sexy but mature, dramatic but playful. I've watched multiple times but still notice new things and still don't think it's all processed for me yet. I have to agree with others that this definitely feels like a small piece of a bigger visual project. Love reading everyone's interpretations! Not sure if the scenes of her running are flashbacks or foretelling of the future. This is easily one of the most well made clips of her entire career. I feel like we have to go back to the early 90's to get a Madonna video of this caliber. Absolute perfection!! She's absolutely beautiful as well, really love her with the dark hair and blue dress the most! Hope we'll see her out promoting/performing with the dark hair!

:clap: :clap: :dramatic:

1 hour ago, Reindeer said:

Love the table dancing! Reminds me of the flamenco dress in the street scene in La Isla Bonita.

I think I spotted Ahlamalik Williams from RHT in the cha cha room. And is that Sofia Boutella that Madonna has known since the Confessions era? M has always treated her dancers with respect, who seem to remain loyal to her throughout the years, just like us. Weren't many of them at her birthday celebration in Morocco? I can't help but think it might have inspired the table scene in the video. Extravagant outfits, masks, candlelight al fresco...

Do you guys spot in the video any other dancers we've known previously?

'luv ahlamalik aka skitzo! his skills are breathtaking. and he's super cute, too. I remember almost touching him in one of the rebel heart tour routines. 

I'm also wondering if sofia was in the vid, too.

Music videos trending worldwide

1 TWICE "FANCY"
2 Luis Fonsi, Sebastián Yatra, Nicky Jam - Date La Vuelta...
3 Madonna, Maluma - Medellín

Just now, M_Sinner said:

1 TWICE "FANCY"

🎉🎉🎉❤️❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍㊗️㊗️㊗️🎊🎊🎊🎊

2 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

1 TWICE "FANCY"

The Luis Fonsi video was always the "up next" video for me each view - Madonna helping again! 😄 

It is not exagerated to say it is her best video in ages. Perfect photography, stylish, sexy, fun and somehow deep. I am still awed. Yesterday my boyfriend and I (he loved the video as well) watched the premiere very fancy: we projected the screen on the wall and had a mini movie theater in our living room. It was the perfect way to watch this astonishing video for the first time!

6 hours ago, Carta said:

What about the half of the planet that's heading into winter right now?  The concept of a "summer" song means nothing to us, because what is a "summer hit" for you is a "winter hit" for us (and vice versa) :dazed:

It's called North hemisphere imperialism; in Australia for Summer you have winter Christmas celebration elements. 

I am so sad about heavy dark outcome of Meddelin video, i am sure it will fails commercially, and Maluma momentum will not helps. 

Bitch I am madonna was masterpiece. 

6 minutes ago, Blinko said:

It's called North hemisphere imperialism; in Australia for Summer you have winter Christmas celebration elements. 

I am so sad about heavy dark outcome of Meddelin video, i am sure it will fails commercially, and Maluma momentum will not helps. 

ugh shut up already

12 minutes ago, Blinko said:

10 minutes ago, Blinko said:

Fuck off absurda

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Really that comment :lol:. It's as if made by a bot summing up absurd SJW silly complains and ridiculous fans from other artists :rotfl:

Well, bots have been really popular in Serbia recently, so I'm not surprised. 😂

I’ve watched this 10 times, beat video in such a long time. I’m addicted.

11 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

That opening prayer needs to be on the album, or incorporated into a tour interlude!

"From now on, I am Madame X

& Madame X loves to dance....

because you can't hit a moving target."

tumblr_nzc5ej5mi01qzjr2jo4_r1_400.gif

Where can I find the entire text of the prayer? (I don't get everything she says) would someone be kind enough to post it here? thank you 🙂

Comparing Madonna's artistic output/passion to that of her 80s, 90s, 00s, and even 10s peers is astounding. She just keeps on moving ahead, never compromising her love of art, fashion, culture, and music along the way. Immersing herself in new genres, ideas, inspirations, and trains of thought. Working with other vibrant/passionate writers, producers, directors, and performers to bring her vision to life. We're so lucky to have her. And this is just the beginning of the Madame X era. Another full-bodied musical statement from the Queen. May she always follow her heart, ignore the naysayers, and continue to create #magic.

13 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Comparing Madonna's artistic output/passion to that of her 80s, 90s, 00s, and even 10s peers is astounding. She just keeps on moving ahead, never compromising her love of art, fashion, culture, and music along the way. Immersing herself in new genres, ideas, inspirations, and trains of thought. Working with other vibrant/passionate writers, producers, directors, and performers to bring her vision to life. We're so lucky to have her. And this is just the beginning of the Madame X era. Another full-bodied musical statement from the Queen. May she always follow her heart, ignore the naysayers, and continue to create #magic.

Amen

I love this video SO MUCH.

Iconic already for so many reasons. One of her best. Her chemistry with Maluma is indredible. The whole video is such a joy.

The beginning entrance and solo dance on first verse, that look and performance is as absolutely iconic as all of her best video moments (hung up, vogue, express yourself etc)

fuegoooo

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thought so. 😞 That's also not her in the dark scene with the horse is it?

I do think the riders at the end are stunt people but I think the woman dancing with the horse is her??

1 minute ago, rekha said:

I do think the riders at the end are stunt people but I think the woman dancing with the horse is her??

Nope. That's the only scene I could've done without, cause I know it's not her so I can't enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

Nope. That's the only scene I could've done without, cause I know it's not her so I can't enjoy it.

Do you think the dancing was too frenetic for her?

I mean using a stunt double instead of slowing it down or choosing steps she could do is a little strange??