WATCH: Madonna + Maluma “Medellín” iconic video

My heart was beating when I clicked play. And it’s still beating. What a video. This is incredible. Madonna has put so much work into this, and it shows. The song is even better now. When I saw M in bed licking I nearly had a heart attack. Madonna knows how to make music videos and this is just another amazing experience. An audio and visual feast. THANK YOU.

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

Best parts of this era so far: everything Madonna has said and done.

Worst part of this era so far: people’s stories about their friends’ reactions. :lmao:

What an epic video!

"My friend who hates everything Madonna has ever done hates this song!"

Well no shit :rotfl:

Just now, the-queen said:

My heart was beating when I clicked play. And it’s still beating. What a video. This is incredible. Madonna has put so much work into this, and it shows. The song is even better now. When I saw M in bed licking I nearly had a heart attack. Madonna knows how to make music videos and this is just another amazing experience. An audio and visual feast. THANK YOU.

As a fellow Madonna extremist, reading this makes me happy. 👍

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Good. 

Here is a perfect summer video for a literal, visionless, basic, lazy, predictable, witless person like you: 

Hey MALICIOUS CUNT, I wasn't talking to you. So get lost.

No one does visual creativity like Madonna, she is so talented and artistic, this piece of art is flawless, and that is what it is an actual piece of art. I hope the younger performers take note and start producing concept pieces. Man this video is stunning.

Funny story.....Medellin was a grower for me. It's been stuck in my head ALL week even though I haven't played it in the last few days at all (mission accomplished Madonna :lol:) seeing the video today.......I was blown away! AMAZING. The video was exactly what I needed for me to finally fully appreciate the song. It's beautiful, colorful and Madonna looks fucking amazing. I really can't wait to see what else she gives us this era.

The video is FABULOUS and Madonna should be so proud of herself. The QUEEN has delivered once again :dramatic:

So glad that it seems we are getting a dark and mysterious era musically and visually this time around.  I like the gothic side of Madonna most of all.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Why do some have to come in and throw insults at people. Can't we just have one thread where people are enjoying the video without calling people "cunts" and "witless", etc?  Enjoy people!  This is a Madonna holiday!!!!

1 hour ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And people, remember to not post the stupid "My friend who is not a fan of / doesn't care for Madonna thinks the video is..." stuff. 

Listen: WE DO NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOUR SHIT FRIENDS HERE. 

Enough is enough. Thank you very much. 

My best friend who hates Madonna loved the video ❤️

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

As a fellow Madonna extremist, reading this makes me happy. 👍

I only ever have love and admiration for this legend. I’m high on Madonna right now. As a kite.

Could have done without the religious stuff at the beginning (again), but the colors are rich and she looks like she’s having fun. Also that shot of them on horses at the end is the stuff of cinema. Gorgeous. 

14 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

That MTV interview was a mess. So rushed. She was clearly annoyed by it and with the satellite delays. But she was a good sport. The video is very cute. It feels the vibe of the song well.

The interview was rushed and the time delay was awkward.  However,  I don't think she come across as annoyed at all.  In fact,  took it with great humour - her quips about the time delay were classic Madonna humour.  She was joking about talking so much - would of loved to just hear her talk non stop instead but I still thought it was a chaotic fun experience.   Most of the time when people think Madonna is annoyed or bitchy,  I never do. Think she is naturally witty and her humour shines through. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Hey 38 posts, it's time for you to GO

Hey 13,264 posts, I am sure number of posts is inversely proportional to intelligence in your case. I am her to say my opinion regards video.

2 minutes ago, bcx said:

Could have done without the religious stuff at the beginning (again), but the colors are rich and she looks like she’s having fun. Also that shot of them on horses at the end is the stuff of cinema. Gorgeous. 

I didn't find it that religious, but find it a bit humorous some fan is taking issue with it, when much of her videos contain religious references.  🤣

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

So glad that it seems we are getting a dark and mysterious era musically and visually this time around.  I like the gothic side of Madonna most of all.

Just like the song itself,  I found the video such a contrast within itself - and I loved it.  The beautiful solemn intro,  the dramatic running away scenes,  the magnificent white horse and the horse riding.   Then there was the cha cha cha class and the fun, frantic, colourful wedding scenes.   Kind of reminds me of the song - how the verses contrast from the chorus so much and so beautifully.  Thought it was an incredible video.  

Just now, bcx said:

I agree, I would say even the Blond Ambition Tour could have done without the religious stuff too. I mean, how I wish Madonna was a simple dancing act like Paula Abdul. No religious elements, just pop stuff, really. :gross:

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The interview was rushed and the time delay was awkward.  However,  I don't think she come across as annoyed at all.  In fact,  took it with great humour - her quips about the time delay were classic Madonna humour.  She was joking about talking so much - would of loved to just hear her talk non stop instead but I still thought it was a chaotic fun experience.   Most of the time when people think Madonna is annoyed or bitchy,  I never do. Think she is naturally witty and her humour shines through. 

Exactly. It may be easy for me since not only I love Madonna, but I also have a similar sense of humor. But i think it's quite easy to get when she's pissed and when she's joking... You don't need a university career to get it. People are too stupidtaking things so literal these days...  

I posted this in the other thread, but maybe I should have posted it here instead. I'm just so intrigued by the story in the video!

I've been rewatching the video and my theory is that Medellin is an overture for a larger story. It showcases the beginning (her prayer), the middle (her dance class) and the end (her riding away with her love.) 

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I agree the interview could have been set up differently. Should have just been in one studio, period.  I don't think she was annoyed, but I got the feeling she would have loved to have said much more.  They should have gotten both Maluma and Madonna in the same room as well.  I would have love to see the chemistry fly with them in a live interview. 

And look at those legs!  She's still showing them off like she's 20, and rightfully so!!

19 minutes ago, bcx said:

World building and atmosphere is important. Glad she put it all in there. I bet it factors into a larger story too.