STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

So has the single been added to radio or not? No-one seems to have an answer, it's very confusing or will it be added next week? Normally we know by now based on official number of spins etc?

2 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

So has the single been added to radio or not? No-one seems to have an answer, it's very confusing or will it be added next week? Normally we know by now based on official number of spins etc?

Still not I believe. Also there’s no radio version available yet. 

Just now, Flip The Switch said:

Still not I believe. Also there’s no radio version available yet. 

Thank you, if thats the case explains a lot. Certainly haven't heard here in Australia where radio is very relevant to a songs success, I would equate radio in Australia is as important  as it was in the 80s and 90s. Its a medium that thrives here, Jazzy Jan and Perth Guy would agree.

1 hour ago, Tulio1958 said:

is being released in the US?
the song has already fallen to 36th place in iTunes

don't fret, her streaming numbers are good...  the best is to find popular playlists where MEDELLIN is included and stream it there... 

2 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Thank you, if thats the case explains a lot. Certainly haven't heard here in Australia where radio is very relevant to a songs success, I would equate radio in Australia is as important  as it was in the 80s and 90s. Its a medium that thrives here, Jazzy Jan and Perth Guy would agree.

Yes. However,  I stopped listening to the radio a few years back ( so called modern stations )  because instead of the once thriving variety of new songs and artists that dominated the airways previously ,  found the same 5 or so artists played continually all the time.   Found the radio programmers just had too much power and no matter how often they were called out - Tina Arena especially made it a huge issue and she was called every name under the Sun and the radio still refused to play 80 % of artists - that I have just tuned out.   I used to listen to the radio all the time in the car.  It is sad when the only variety you can get on the radio is on Gold FM !   Everyone complains about it,  but it still happens.  Hear Madonna on the radio all the time on stations that are more "  Classic hits"  - just want to hear her new songs as well ! 

2 hours ago, Tulio1958 said:

is being released in the US?
the song has already fallen to 36th place in iTunes

Just talking iTunes at the moment, streaming aside, why does Madonna always fall so hard, how does an act of her level drop like that, I know the sales are tiny we are prob talking hundreds considering the global 'number one' sells approx 4k in a day, but just being Madonna should see her hang in the top 10 for a week or so, this is the biggest selling female artist in the world but frigging Adele will sit in the top 10 for eons, I know she is 60, I know her demo does not stream or buy singles, but the media will latch onto a 9 > 36 decrease for example and the negativity will all start again, I guess the video and BB awards will push it back up, god I miss the days of walking to the shop and buying a single and album, that was to me the true sign of what is a hit or not. Madonna is being extremely quiet and has not done any personal promo as yet and I don't count instagram as promo per se. 

On kworb's website with all the data the second version does not show up anymore on Apple Music. Have they removed it? Is it only 1 version now? That would be great news because it helps the song get higher on the rankings when one version gets all the streams.

Medellín on New Music Friday, with 3.177.549 followers

Cover on Pop Up, with 2.936.020 followers

Novidades da Semana (New Music Friday Brazil) with 1.323.666 followers

New Music Friday UK with 707.631

New Music Friday Deutschland, with 523.775

Cover on New Music Friday Latin, with 362.614

New Music Friday Franve, with 232.543 followers

Cover on New Music Friday Netherlands, with 190.136 followers

Cover on New Music Friday Belgium, with only 2.244 followers

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
8 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Just talking iTunes at the moment, streaming aside, why does Madonna always fall so hard, how does an act of her level drop like that, I know the sales are tiny we are prob talking hundreds considering the global 'number one' sells approx 4k in a day, but just being Madonna should see her hang in the top 10 for a week or so, this is the biggest selling female artist in the world but frigging Adele will sit in the top 10 for eons, I know she is 60, I know her demo does not stream or buy singles, but the media will latch onto a 9 > 36 decrease for example and the negativity will all start again, I guess the video and BB awards will push it back up, god I miss the days of walking to the shop and buying a single and album, that was to me the true sign of what is a hit or not. Madonna is being extremely quiet and has not done any personal promo as yet and I don't count instagram as promo per se. 

I'm sure it's different in each region.  For some she's more popular in than others.  I believe her age plays a huge factor.  She has a huge dedicated base, so she will always start off pretty good. 

I disagree with her being quiet and certainly her Instagram should count since that is the only social media format she personally communicates through.  It's only been a few days, but we know she's got performances lined up.  She only can do so much personally.   Her team does a lot, and I'm sure she's very involved in that process as well. 

Over all, I feel this new era has started off on a good foot and is extremely positive.   Most fans are very supportive of the song even though most know this isn't her strongest lead single.

30 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

For her age, she's doing extremely well on iTunes, again why compare her to Adele?  You compare Madonna's iTunes numbers to Streisand, Cher, etc.  Her peers age wise

1 hour ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Why are you looking at the half empty glass, than the half full glass? Look a the amazing work the team is doing so far (song out for only 3 and 1/2 days). And the song is already added to the big playlists on Friday!!! Give it a week for God sake... She is introducing a new sound... every artist changing sounds goes through this... M is not Ari, Adele or Beyoncé (I love all three) always sounding the same... she is a chameleon/always changing sounds/music styles, so a new audience needs to be found for every era. Get it.  Enjoy the ride... 💖

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Why are you looking at the half empty glass, than the half full glass? Look a the amazing work the team is doing so far (song out for only 3 and 1/2 days). And the song is already added to the big playlists on Friday!!! Give it a week for God sake... She is introducing a new sound... every artist changing sounds goes through this... M is not Ari, Adele or Beyoncé (I love all three) always sounding the same... she is a chameleon/always changing sounds/music styles, so a new audience needs to be found for every era. Get it.  Enjoy the ride... 💖

Well said!🤗💃🔥

13 minutes ago, CalinB said:

👍🏽👍🏾👍🏿👍🏻

46 minutes ago, CalinB said:

This.

How cool is the fact that M is sharing stories and teasers of the song? She’s damn proud to introduce us to her new journey. She’s so proud of this single and so do I.

Medellín f*cking rocks! 🙌🏻🔥💯

37 minutes ago, CalinB said:

I am looking half glass full, I was asking a question from a commercial and marketing perspective, your correct she is not Adele, Beyonce (struggles globally BTW) or Ariana (dullest poster that ever existed) she is MADONNA her success is unequaled hence why I struggle to understand the market, I will maintain forever had she have remained with Warners her commercial momentum would have continued and established her as a digital artist, the work for her just hasn't been done, touring success was traded for recording success. Age is a major factor I just feel there have been some very bad commercial decisions along the way, I am however eternally grateful we still have her with us and that she can still produce material with the same tenacity, vision and determination as ever before. How lucky are we!!!

2 minutes ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

I am looking half glass full, I was asking a question from a commercial and marketing perspective, your correct she is not Adele, Beyonce (struggles globally BTW) or Ariana (dullest poster that ever existed) she is MADONNA her success is unequaled hence why I struggle to understand the market, I will maintain forever had she have remained with Warners her commercial momentum would have continued and established her as a digital artist, the work for her just hasn't been done, touring success was traded for recording success. Age is a major factor I just feel there have been some very bad commercial decisions along the way, I am however eternally grateful we still have her with us and that she can still produce material with the same tenacity, vision and determination as ever before. How lucky are we!!!

From a pure money perspective, touring makes more money than music sales so this can't be called a bad commercial decision per se. 

Even with the best decision making and team in the world, no 60-year-old woman is going to be churning out mainstream hits for a variety of (unfortunate) societal reasons. 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Sorry put so many playlists. I just want to show how her team is investing on Spotify.

Her new PR team is making a really good job! Can´t wait to see what they are planning when the video is out. 

3 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

It’s because the iTunes chart is based on the past 24 hrs so the highest part will always be exactly 24 hours after the song is released. 

6 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

isnt it because it the song was a part of the album preorder and most fans have now bought the preorder?

and Madonna is not the only one. Janets Made for now had similar. Went to lower Top10 on iTunes and dropped soon.

6 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

Her older fans just probably buy the album.  I haven't even bought iTunes, I listen on Spotify though