STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

She’s #107 on Spotify WW chart and she’s never been higher in that one, so I guess that the playlists have worked.

Remember that LFL has 25M and GT 23M streams on Spotify in 4 years and Medellin made 2.3M in 3 days so this will go definitely higher than both with the promo and video.

Remember that right now we need to aim for better sales and streaming numbers than RH, that is our goal and this is a great start! 

3 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

never been higher in that one, so I guess that the playlists have worked.

Remember that LFL has 25M and GT 23M streams on Spotify in 4 years and Medellin made 2.3M in 3 days so this will go definitely higher than both with the promo and video.

Remember that right now we need to aim for bet

She's also at 181 in the US with over 233,00 streams. Keep streaming it!

https://spotifycharts.com/regional/us/daily/latest

On 4/19/2019 at 4:56 AM, Lolasmommy said:

Medellin is probably her most radio friendly song since 4 minutes- I can hear it on the beaches, in the bars, in the malls, in the cars, in the trenches😂

song of the summer indeed

Except in the southern hemisphere, where we're heading into winter :tigger:

On 4/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, Kim said:

No one expects it to be played on Radio 1 (a kiddie station) but if indeed she's being snubbed by Radio 2 (much bigger than Radio 1, exactly her demographic, and I note the spokesperson only talks about Radio 1) then there's something seriously amiss and I expect an explanation!

Indeed...especially since Bananarama's "Stuff Like That" has been A-listed for the past few weeks on Radio 2.

5 minutes ago, Carta said:

Indeed...especially since Bananarama's "Stuff Like That" has been A-listed for the past few weeks on Radio 2.

Oh don't get me started...

We've been discussing this in the UK chart/promo thread, but I guess we just need to wait and see how it all pans out.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh don't get me started...

We've been discussing this in the UK chart/promo thread, but I guess we just need to wait and see how it all pans out.

I'll have a look at that thread.  I love Bananarama, but Madonna's music is on another plane completely...

I made a playlist for apple music on my i-phone, with Medellin being every other song.

Question-  if you choose to download the song to your phone, does it still count into the streaming numbers for Medellin? Or must it literally be streaming from apple music using wifi or whatever to count towards the charts?

I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but I'm trying! Great to see the YouTube numbers rising so quickly 😎

If you play the song on repeat it will count only one time. You have to alternate with other, like: Medellin - La Isla Bonita - Medellin - Hung Up - Medellin - Who's that Girl, just for example

17 minutes ago, DesperatelySeekingJacky said:

I made a playlist for apple music on my i-phone, with Medellin being every other song.

Question-  if you choose to download the song to your phone, does it still count into the streaming numbers for Medellin? Or must it literally be streaming from apple music using wifi or whatever to count towards the charts?

I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but I'm trying! Great to see the YouTube numbers rising so quickly 😎

I think you need to stream it from the site and especially from the playlists

6 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

Can someone post the list of playlists its at?

here the playlists on Spotify 

on apple music it has been added to best of the week and future hits and a lot more I think

22 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Except so far a radio add date or promo!!

also is that a new pic of Madonna on the side?

Yep. The bride with red glove. Awesome.

2 hours ago, DesperatelySeekingJacky said:

spotify downloads are counted once you re-connect to the internet so i'm assuming apple is the same. probably only counts as one play though.

Come on, where is the Madonna we grew up with? She needs to make it so that when you play her new song, it says " I Love Satan" backwards.

Guys, let’s get behind some of the high comets already on YouTube and get them over 1000 likes! Maluma’s team has some over that already! + the one of his fan base is over 10,000 likes… also some dislikes already got there L

Who is with  me???? Let’s pick from this list or do all of them. J

BrowLowKidVEVO3 days ago

Queen is back! Thumbs up if you cannot wait for the album!

Read more

Show less

Reply 312 313

Pekka Sahlberg12 hours ago

My reactions to this single: 1. Oh my, never going to happen... 2. There is something here... 3. I just want to have a few more listens to this... 4. I JUST LOVE THIS TRACK!! It´s a BIG HIT!!! ONE OF THE BEST MADONNA TRACKS FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME WITH ME!!!!!

Read more

Show less

Reply 83 84

Adam Jimenez2 days ago

Madonna's new sound tho. Yasss. 2nd comeback of the century! Who else has missed the Matriarch of Pop?

Read more

Show less

Reply 138 139

Sam-Leon Nakantimba10 hours ago

Madonna is smart, she knew that some people may not like the song at first listen, so she gave them 8 days for the song to grow on them before she releases the music video.

Read more

Show less

Reply 269 270

saysaysay17 hours ago

thank god this doesnt sound like the same old stuff thats on the radio! amazing song! cant get cha cha out of my head.

Read more

Show less

Reply 203 204

Leonardo Ramos3 days ago

Everyone who is saying that Madonna is jumping on the latin trend should come back and listen to all of her discography all the way to the beginning. Like "La Isla Bonita" and "Don't Cry For me Argentina" never happened. Sit down and watch the queen confront the world once again.

Read more

Show less

Reply 1192 1193

Some of mine:

Calin B1 day ago

💛💚💙💜 Madonna’s voice in this 🎶🎶🎶!!! The longing feeling she creates just like in La Isla Bonita is intoxicating!!! and then Maluma comes in with the bits!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥1, 2 cha cha CHA! killing it!! 🔥🔥🎶🎼 slow down PAPI! 💜

Read more

Show less

Reply 174 175

Paul B1 day ago

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥! Listen to this amazing 🎼🎶 driving in the car with the windows open!!!! It is the best feeling!!!! Summer is HERE!!!! 💛💚💙💜

Read more

Show less

Reply 408 409

Nilac B1 day ago

Lyrics: Sipping my pain just like champagne Found myself dancing in the rain, with you I felt so naked and alive (Show me) For once I didn’t have to hide MYSELF 💛💚💙💜! 🔥

Read more

Show less

Reply 79 80

PC B21 hours ago

I want to go to Medellin!!!! 💛💚💙💜 Madonna’s voice in this 🎶🎶🎶!!! In my mind, I'm already in the city, drinking cocktails, and dancing! Ven conmigo (Come with me!) – Let’s take a trip! cha cha CHA!!! 💃💃💃💃

Read more

Show less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8PtBzdiZ3g

Guest Future feat Quavo

Would non-consecutive streams >10  be considered spam?  Can you stream for 10 times consecutively THEN alternate and have over 10 counted?