STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Feeling extremely confident from the stats so far people!!!

4M youtube views within 48 hrs,

Made number 1 on itunes in 15 conties,

PR have got the 1st step spot on (radio will start to keep the momentum going), 

Vid prem weds. 

Im confident M will get a uk top 40 place today (#33 im guessing)??

If radio momentum keeps the steady place going by weds id expect her to be in top 20 midweek and with the video its gonna be massive. Id guess a minimum of 10m views within 24 hrs!!!! 

Im guessing the remixes will come with the video on various platforms too.

So today im saying #33, midweek #17 and next fri #6 which i think is acheivable giving her her first top ten in the uk this decade. Better late than never i suppose 🤪

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

So today im saying #33 new chart today, midweek #17 and next fri #6 which i think is acheivable giving her her first top ten in the uk this decade. Better late than never i suppose 🤪

Anyone else on this??🤔

Edited by Frank

I think you guys are being a little pessimistic. She CAN become a strong charts darling again, especially when she performs a new strong song on Eurovision. As silly as this sounds, it's true.. just give the gays what they want: the disco flavour of disco god Mirwais, (or a strong pop song) add in the political message for gay rights, and bam.. #1 in most countries in Europe.

however, Medellin is not that song.

13 minutes ago, Nikki said:

just give the gays what they want

Yeah I'm going to take a pass on that. I'd prefer she stayed true to herself and leave that for Britney and Gaga et al.

8 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

Yeah I'm going to take a pass on that. I'd prefer she stayed true to herself and leave that for Britney and Gaga et al.

you honestly think Medellin or other music in that genre will work on a platform like Eurovision? you have to be realistic. the song with the rumoured pro gay/anti violence video seems like a better fit

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

you honestly think Medellin or other music in that genre will work on a platform like Eurovision? you have to be realistic.

I'd prefer she didn't cater to any group. Clearly she is proud of Medellin and thinks its a good song hence being the first single. I happen to agree with her. Personally, what gets played on the radio or is considered a "hit" is trash to me. After four decades I don't need the validation of the charts to enjoy a Madonna song. If the general public are on board then that's just something extra. RH is in my top 3 Madonna albums and it was the worst commercially. Oh well.

7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Exactly! The fact that MTV doesn't play videos yet is spotlighting and premiering MADONNA'S new video makes it seem special....makes HER seem special.....and MTV SHOULD be doing this for her. There was a time the M in MTV stood for Madonna! Yes they helped her tremendously but she also helped them just as much! If their gonna break the mold for anyone it should be Madonna. The video will immediately be online everywhere afterwards anyways so it's not like it's a loss by giving MTV the premiere even if it is a bit "old school". Also, I don't think MTV would do something like this these days for some basic ass, "ok" video.....this must be something special. If it's that good, people will watch.

This😍 

The fact MTV are building a show abound the video and that speaks volumes as you say it does make her seem special which she actually is.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

just give the gays what they want: the disco flavour of disco god Mirwais, (or a strong pop song) add in the political message for gay rights, and bam.. #1 in most countries in Europe.

I hope that's a joke. The gays aren't mindless sheep. I think if the time is right and the song is good, she has a chance at some charting success. The Eurovision will absolutely give her that chance.

8 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

I hope that's a joke. The gays aren't mindless sheep. I think if the time is right and the song is good, she has a chance at some charting success. The Eurovision will absolutely give her that chance.

The Eurovision is a massive chance for chart success in Europe I can't wait for it 😍

After her performance at Eurovision I'm expecting it to become like the Superbowl. She set the bar there and I think she will do the same for Eurovision. I'm sure Beyonce or Gaga will be there next year.

Guest CzarnaWisnia
1 minute ago, Napoléon said:

After her performance at Eurovision I'm expecting it to become like the Superbowl. She set the bar there and I think she will do the same for Eurovision. I'm sure Beyonce or Gaga will be there next year.

Gaga will be sipping down cocktails in her safe space.

They changed Medellin to #3 and Beyonce to #2 on the Spotify Pop Up playlist 🙄

The Medellín music video should do well on YouTube. Maluma has 3 videos with over a billion views. Medellín won’t get that obviously but I think it could end up with over 300M after a  couple of years.

5 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

The Medellín music video should do well on YouTube. Maluma has 3 videos with over a billion views. Medellín won’t get that obviously but I think it could end up with over 300M after a  couple of years.

It has the potential to end up with 300 million this year as you say Maluma is massive online.

5 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

who knows? if it will be his biggest video....

1 minute ago, fandonna said:

One things for sure, it will be his best video to date.....so why not reach a billion views.

15 minutes ago, BokuNo said:

It will do much more than 300M. If friggin’ Maria la del Barrio performing live with Maluma can get 700M then Madonna should easily get a Billion in a lavish hyped music video with Maluma.

1 minute ago, Andra said:

If Maluma can get that many views then surely a video in which we have both Maluma AND Madonna should get much more??

Damn right it's where Pop meets Latin.

The video will hands down be the best visually Maluma has ever been a part of.

I think it has massive potential to get a billion views.

10 minutes ago, fandonna said:

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

One things for sure, it will be his best video to date.....so why not reach a billion views.

His biggest videos are from songs that were monsters in Latin America. As much as we like Medellín let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment either. Something that also helps his videos is sensuality like in Chantaje and Felizes Los 4. M isn’t gonna be rolling rolling around a bed in lingerie. Let’s be realistic here. 300M is very good for an M collab.

9 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

It will do much more than 300M. If friggin’ Maria la del Barrio performing live with Maluma can get 700M then Madonna should easily get a Billion in a lavish hyped music video with Maluma.

Thalia is very respected in Latin America rn. And there was a lot of sexual chemistry between them that we’re not gonna get in Medellín simply because that’s not how M is gonna roll. Can we please not set ourselves up for disappointment?

I don't think we should bother with his influence. His Spotify has already been updated with a collaboration with Becky G which I'm assuming will take any attention. Especially because it's traditional reggaeton.

1 minute ago, Napoléon said:

Thank you. 

Just enjoy her new music without worrying about charts.

I don't think anyone is worrying certainly not me just unlocking the potential the video has ✌️