STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 minute ago, Confessit said:

I am assuming it although there is a source in the forum who confirmed we are getting single number 2 on May 2nd. 

I was just stating what we already know another's music video was shot before Medlin was so one would assume it's ready to go it was shot 2 months ago. We know it's a dance song from sources on the shoot. 

I don't think anything about what's being planned is caution to the wind i think there's a plan. I didn't swear the video was coming yesterday but I have voiced my surprise they didn't drop it straight away that was all.

I don't think Medlin would work at Eurovision, Maluma isn't that well known across all of Europe, he is an absolute unknown across much if it no disrespect to him as an artist. Plus on stage the song is much more Maluma than Madonna from the version we have heard unless she uses a remix. 

Again from what we already know the dance track video she shot in February is much more in line with the European taste overall. But like you say I am assuming. 

Yes, but who really knew William Orbit or Mirwaiis before she really worked with them?  I don't think Europe not knowing him is going to stop Madonna from including him on Eurovision.  Anyway, we've had plenty of people we relied on for info that were wrong, specifically how we were going to get the video for this song.

And I agree with you somewhat, I think they have a well thought out plan in how they want this whole era to play out, but it doesn't mean it will in their favor.  I personally feel that she filmed so many videos because she's going to start tour rehearsals very soon.  It's possible she's decided to rely more on a visual concept as well. 

I don't think you or anyone here really knows if that "February" shoot is "much more in line with Europe" or Eurovision?  But who knows? 

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Yes, but who really knew William Orbit or Mirwaiis before she really worked with them?  I don't think Europe not knowing him is going to stop Madonna from including him on Eurovision.  Anyway, we've had plenty of people we relied on for info that were wrong, specifically how we were going to get the video for this song.

And I agree with you somewhat, I think they have a well thought out plan in how they want this whole era to play out, but it doesn't mean it will in their favor.  I personally feel that she filmed so many videos because she's going to start tour rehearsals very soon.  It's possible she's decided to rely more on a visual concept as well. 

I don't think you or anyone here really knows if that "February" shoot is "much more in line with Europe" or Eurovision?  But who knows? 

Orbit and Mirwais are producers not artists that are getting up on stage with her for a performance though so I don't think that's a fair comparison. I do think the fact he is an unknown will have some effect Madonna is being paid millions to appear and the Eurovision bosses will have some input into it.

The plan might not play in their favour but there's still a plan nevertheless. 

Beacuse dance music is still the most popular genre in Europe much more than it is in America and other markets across the world so taking a dance number to the event makes much mire sense, at least to me. 

'But we shall see what happens there's a long way to go until the 14th June if we are just getting Medlin. 

2 hours ago, mmmike said:

I posted a little bit ago in the chart section but she has increased in Apple Music steams in the USA and UK. The source is Kworb and these are rough estimates! These are her current standings...

8B415DCE-E933-4CBC-89E7-ED97170576B9.jpeg

“U.S. #575”.... what a flop fucking country 

JUST KEEP, STREAMING AND STREAMING AND STREAMING AND STREAMAAAAAANG!!!!!!

Although I'm sure she'll be doing the 2nd single at Eurovision, we may actually want her to do the song with Maluma after we see that video! If their onstage chemistry is anything like the chemistry on the song, it could make for a hot, memorable performance. I'd think the fact that he's more unknown would be appealing to those that have been grumbling about Nicki Minaj's and Justin Timberlake's the past 10 yrs. 

I'm not sure how all of this will play out, I hope for the best! All I know is that in another place and time, this would've been a classic Madonna reinvention (sound and image) that the public would eat up.....not saying that's NOT going to happen btw but it's no secret it's gonna be a little tougher now than 20-30 yrs ago.

Praying for Medellin to be Eurovision song . They’re not going to go through all this again within 3 weeks for another single . The song is out 1 day , it’s doing ok . Let’s see how it goes . 3 million views to a song out 30 hours with no video and decent streaming isn’t bad going . 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Although I'm sure she'll be doing the 2nd single at Eurovision, we may actually want her to do the song with Maluma after we see that video! If their onstage chemistry is anything like the chemistry on the song, it could make for a hot, memorable performance. I'd think the fact that he's more unknown would be appealing to those that have been grumbling about Nicki Minaj's and Justin Timberlake's the past 10 yrs. 

I'm not sure how all of this will play out, I hope for the best! All I know is that in another place and time, this would've been a classic Madonna reinvention (sound and image) that the public would eat up.....not saying that's NOT going to happen btw but it's no secret it's gonna be a little tougher now than 20-30 yrs ago.

Hopefully that rumor about a performance in the USA before Eurovision is true and they will perform Medellín! :dramatic: 

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

Hopefully that rumor about a performance in the USA before Eurovision is true and they will perform Medellín! :dramatic: 

YES! It HAS to be done somewhere with them together, at least once!

1 minute ago, RyanAnth4 said:

They’re not going to go through all this again within 3 weeks for another single.

Why not?

That's the norm nowerday to release a few singles in quick succession before an album drops.

2 minutes ago, rekha said:

Glad to see that her YouTube views are holding up well👍

Yes very well, to the living for lovers it has 33million and that took 5 years . She’ll probably surpass this in a week . Medellin is worth watching 

Edited by RyanAnth4

Just now, RyanAnth4 said:

Yes very well, to the living for lovers it has 33million and that took 5 years . She’ll probablt surpass this in a week . Medellin is worth watching 

Wow that really puts it into perspective.

What a fantastic moment to be a Madonna fan.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Why not?

That's the norm nowerday to release a few singles in quick succession before an album drops.

Theyll need to find extra hours in the day so . Teaser for song , wait , mtv launch wait , remixes wait , performance  wait , lyric video wait , video wait . 

Medellin is the song people , it’s up to you to support it or not . I’m guessing 2nd single will come around album launch or week after. Either that or she’s gonna drop all this mtv interview , video premiere for Medellin and do it for another song ???? Nah the 2nd single is coming with the album or after . Way too much invested in Medellin for that to happen

It’d be wonderful if she surprisingly performs Medellín at the BB Music Awards on May 1,  releases the 2nd single on May 2 and performs it at Eurovision on May 17. Huge exposure worldwide 

The way things work now for almost every artist that I follow is to release 2-4 songs to streaming before an album comes out. I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case with Madame X.

Theyll need to find extra hours in the day so . Teaser for song , wait , mtv launch wait , remixes wait , performance  wait , lyric video wait , video wait . 

Medellin is the song people , it’s up to you to support it or not . I’m guessing 2nd single will come around album launch or week after. Either that or she’s gonna drop all this mtv interview , video premiere for Medellin and do it for another song ???? Nah the 2nd single is coming with the album or after . Way too much invested in Medellin for that to happen

Perhaps but I don't believe that I think we will get another single otherwise the album would be out sooner and not in June. 

I don't think another single will freeze Medlin out, lots of artists have 2 some even 3 songs out quickly some are even in the charts at the same time.

Its much better to give the public more of an insight into the album before it drops to boost its profile and eventual sales, especially if she's going to tour with this album. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
23 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Orbit and Mirwais are producers not artists that are getting up on stage with her for a performance though so I don't think that's a fair comparison. I do think the fact he is an unknown will have some effect Madonna is being paid millions to appear and the Eurovision bosses will have some input into it.

The plan might not play in their favour but there's still a plan nevertheless. 

Beacuse dance music is still the most popular genre in Europe much more than it is in America and other markets across the world so taking a dance number to the event makes much mire sense, at least to me. 

'But we shall see what happens there's a long way to go until the 14th June if we are just getting Medlin. 

And it's not fair to think someone like Maluma isn't fit for Eurovision.  In fact, I think people knowing less about him will work in her favor, Anyway, I don't doubt we'll have a quick second single.  I just think this whole dance theory of yours is wishful thinking.  I can see a very nice dance routine with this current song and the video next week might prove we want more of Mauma.  It's possible she and her team are counting on this. 

I suspect that she filmed other videos because either she has a big visual concept to unveil or planning to start tour rehearsals and want to have future videos lined up for release if not for the tour backdrops. 

2 minutes ago, iamme said:

It’d be wonderful if she surprisingly performs Medellín at the BB Music Awards on May 1,  releases the 2nd single on May 2 and performs it at Eurovision on May 17. Huge exposure worldwide 

Now that would be amazing. I do think they have something planned for America as well. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Perhaps but I don't believe that I think we will get another single otherwise the album would be out sooner and not in June. 

I don't think another single will freeze Medlin out, lots of artists have 2 some even 3 songs out quickly some are even in the charts at the same time.

Its much better to give the public more of an insight into the album before it drops to boost its profile and eventual sales, especially if she's going to tour with this album. 

I agree with the idea but Madonna is not Ariana grande where 27 singles chart at once . Imo if she releases multiple songs in the next 3 weeks it will just be another Rebel heart like when she rush released half the album due to leaks . 

I think she should stick to her amazing marketing so far with this but I’ll stand corrected if multiple songs are released within the fortnight . Just makes me think why should she bother at all with next weeks big mtv plans etc for Medellin if that’s the case ?!

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

And it's not fair to think someone like Maluma isn't fit for Eurovision.  In fact, I think people knowing less about him will work in her favor, Anyway, I don't doubt we'll have a quick second single.  I just think this whole dance theory of yours is wishful thinking.  I can see a very nice dance routine with this current song and the video next week might prove we want more of Mauma.  It's possible she and her team are counting on this. 

I suspect that she filmed other videos because either she has a big visual concept to unveil or planning to start tour rehearsals and want to have future videos lined up for release if not for the tour backdrops. 

Well I wasn't being disrespectful to him but the Eurovision is a massive commercial event with a huge audience of tens of millions and we only have one act to compare Madonna back to appearing on it and that's Justin Timberlake so they will always hire a big star to perform but as you say it could work in his favour but I don't think so. 

If you call it a dance theory then I'll take that but really it's just piecing together what we already know. The song is dance, the video is shot, Europe loves dance music.....that's all.  

2 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I agree with the idea but Madonna is not Ariana grande where 27 singles chart at once . Imo if she releases multiple songs in the next 3 weeks it will just be another Rebel heart like when she rush released half the album due to leaks . 

I think she should stick to her amazing marketing so far with this but I’ll stand corrected if multiple songs are released within the fortnight . Just makes me think why should she bother at all with next weeks big mtv plans etc for Medellin if that’s the case ?!

Why can't she showcase Medlin and then showcase another single soon after ? 

This isnt 1999 anymore with gaps between singles she is moving with the times if she releases another single in 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

I posted something similar yesterday with concern on focus being shifted from this great song to a new single in such a short period of time. Really though, that is old school thinking.....churning them out in rapid succession is the way to go these days apparently and if one of them or more sticks then great! That seems to be the strategy. LIke @Confessit mentioned too, it gives more exposure to the album. If the rumors that this album isn't particularly cohesive are true then it may be a good thing to give people a taste of all of Madame X's flavors before it's available to buy! 

I do hope Medellin takes off in some capacity though!! Have a sneaking suspicion this video is going to be EPIC!! It really looks like a classic, cinematic, dramatic Madonna video. I know I'm jumping the gun a tad bit here, but it really looks like this could be one of her best videos since Bedtime Stories era. Idk why but it just has a 90's M vid vibe to me. 

Ok I take your point but Girl Gone Wild and Ghostown say hi . I’m 43 so I’m old school ( and old!) and not really seeing the benefit in her releasing songs week after week . 

I’m still half glass full with Medellin so maybe I’m biased in its hope for success 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Have a sneaking suspicion this video is going to be EPIC!! It really looks like a classic, cinematic, dramatic Madonna video. I know I'm jumping the gun a tad bit here, but it really looks like this could be one of her best videos since Bedtime Stories era. Idk why but it just has a 90's M vid vibe to me. 

I have been thinking exactly the same 😍. It looks incredible and yes it has a 90s M vid feel to it. It looks like take a bow on speed.

I think the fact she's rolling it out with her fans is something special as well plus the MTV tie in with teasers and I've just seen MTV aired the advert for next weeks video premier during Ru Paul......again massive exposur I know it's one of MTVs highest rating shows.

6 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Ok I take your point but Girl Gone Wild and Ghostown say hi . I’m 43 so I’m old school ( and old!) and not really seeing the benefit in her releasing songs week after week . 

I’m still half glass full with Medellin so maybe I’m biased in its hope for success 

Your only getting started at 43 😜

I'm definitely old school at 38! :lol: I hear you and if I had it my way, it would be like the old days where people actually gave songs time to grow on them, let it simmer a bit. When I think back to a song like Secret, that I liked a lot on first listens but grew to LOVE because it was allowed to grow, it got exposure, people around me started hearing it and loving it....it sounds cheesy but all of those things help with the perception we have of songs! It's all about the memories and feelings attached. 

You raise valid points with GGW and Ghosttown but I have to say, circumstances surrounding the release of those songs were drastically different. In the case of GGW, it wasn't well received even among her fans. Ghosttown should've never have been a part of the six songs in the "emergency" release.....anyways, definitely don't need to get too much into that here in this thread! That horse has been beaten to death by now! :lol:

we are getting more releases before album with preorder i thought.

we were all just saying there were going to be TWO first singles. now everyone shakes there head if there is a second release so close to medillion. lol

she cant win. just let it happen. fuck the US charts.

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I have been thinking exactly the same 😍. It looks incredible and yes it has a 90s M vid feel to it. It looks like take a bow on speed.

I think the fact she's rolling it out with her fans is something special as well plus the MTV tie in with teasers and I've just seen MTV aired the advert for next weeks video premier during Ru Paul......again massive exposur I know it's one of MTVs highest rating shows.

YES!! That's a good way to put it, TAB was the exact video that came to mind for me too!

How amazing is it to see her promoted on MTV again though. Now THAT is old school in the best way!! If this audio video has gotten 3 million views in not even 36 hours then the views of the actual video itself are going to slay!!! 

Just now, Kurt420 said:

YES!! That's a good way to put it, TAB was the exact video that came to mind for me too!

How amazing is it to see her promoted on MTV again though. Now THAT is old school in the best way!! If this audio video has gotten 3 million views in not even 36 hours then the views of the actual video itself are going to slay!!! 

And TAB was beyond beautiful. 

I agree and I kind of understand some fans saying MTV is so last century but it does have a lot of high rating shows even though it doesn't play videos anymore really. 

The sheer fact it is getting the space on MTV with the Q&A is marking it with an event and is being reported as much which again helps with the placing of the song/album/era.