STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

20 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Sorry for posting negative article but we need to do something. Let’s spam those radio stations like we did with living for love.  We can’t leave things like this 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/music/773158/Madonna-Medellin-Maluma-Radio-1-Madame-X/amp?__twitter_impression=true

No one expects it to be played on Radio 1 (a kiddie station) but if indeed she's being snubbed by Radio 2 (much bigger than Radio 1, exactly her demographic, and I note the spokesperson only talks about Radio 1) then there's something seriously amiss and I expect an explanation!

12 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Extremely depressing but nothing we don't already know. 

They use the excuse that some listeners weren't born when MATM and HU were hits......and?? There weren't 14 yr olds in 2005 as well?? :lol:

It's pathetic. Fuck radio.....seriously. This song and future songs can be hits in other ways....I suspect very very little radio airplay is actually organic anyhow. That article basically admits that.

Right!?! Like I was born in 1992 so how dare they play Hung Up when I wasnt born when Vogue was a single...

Its so funny in this era of equality like anti racism/Me Too that its still ok to be ageist. 

1 hour ago, Adriano said:

Is shazam a streaming app?! I am shocked ahahaha

As pointed in the Streaming thread, it actually helps to chart.

Thatmight be why some artists asks you to "Shazam the song to unlock some exclusive content (bts, photoshoots, etc)". That thing is helping them.

15 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Right!?! Like I was born in 1992 so how dare they play Hung Up when I wasnt born when Vogue was a single...

Its so funny in this era of equality like anti racism/Me Too that its still ok to be ageist. 

EXACTLY!! That's what baffles me. People get offended by FOOD descriptions now ffs......yet slamming and discriminating against M (and others) for being "old" is still perfectly fine and prob will even generate some :lmao:'s. 

3 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

Maybe a remix, maybe a single edit? 

This is what I hope! Radio push will probably come as the new tracking week for radio begins (Monday?) Hoping for a lyric video tomorrow as well to get us to video premier.

40 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

They've done everything perfectly this era so far. No push at radio must be the plan- perhaps to push the next single on 2nd May? Let's trust them and if they fuck it up we can whinge about it for years to come. Let's trust they have this in hand for now.

Perfectly put!

Posters appearing already in London for the album, paid advertising on instagram as it's coming up on newsfeeds and all the big streaming numbers in just 2 days thus far....

....it's been a brilliant first 48 hours for the Madame X era. 

I agree with you it feels like there is a clear promo path so obviously no radio yet is intentional. I think that will happen next week alongside the video launch. 

2 minutes ago, Logan said:

Is there any way to loop the video on Youtube so that it keeps playing on repeat?

Already doing my 10 Apple Music streams per day...

If I'm not mistaken, only one YouTube view would count. Maybe someone can confirm 💯

I am not going to get worked up like I did over RH and its singles performing. I don't expect boring American radio to embrace Medellin and they're ageist as fuck. 

Madonna is beyond the sales game. She's got nothing to prove in that arena—she owns it.

I hope Madame X is a smash, but I so far thrilled with the one song I've heard. Enough for me. I am streaming on Amazon though and it wil be cooking all weekend, surely. 

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

If I'm not mistaken, only one YouTube view would count. Maybe someone can confirm 💯

Yes. Don't waste time with youtube. Unles you're helping to spread the link.

If you're playing it on YT on repeat, none of those views will be counted.

28 minutes ago, Kim said:

No one expects it to be played on Radio 1 (a kiddie station) but if indeed she's being snubbed by Radio 2 (much bigger than Radio 1, exactly her demographic, and I note the spokesperson only talks about Radio 1) then there's something seriously amiss and I expect an explanation!

Hopefully this is tabloid fodder as the song is barly 2 days old and the daily star is written by monkeys high on coke. Radio 1 is irrelevant I agree with you but I am confident radio 2 will play it. Like you've said previously the song hasn't been officially shipped to radio yet so I think the radio bashing is premature in here currently.

2 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Could someone confirm? I understand that Spotify counts 10 per day but anything over that is important to keep the song in top playlists etc. But if YouTube only counts 1 as a view is there any reason to replay the video?

28 minutes ago, Kim said:

I've heard some fans will request on Radio 2. They can't ignore her 

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Hopefully this is tabloid fodder as the song is barly 2 days old and the daily star is written by monkeys high on coke. Radio 1 is irrelevant I agree with you but I am confident radio 2 will play it. Like you've said previously the song hasn't been officially shipped to radio yet so I think the radio bashing is premature in here currently.

Radio 2 did play it yesterday. Sara Cox played it and praised it apparently. Radio 2 playlist isn't announced until Saturday is it? 

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Yes I noticed that the Radio 2 line was just slipped in there but really it was a non-article about Radio 1 who won't play anyone over 30 nevermind 60.

I wouldn't put it past them to try something shady though. 

We'll wait and see what happens when the official radio date comes along.

I also feel like the UK/Euro discussion needn't be mixed in with the US situation where they jumped ship decades ago radio/chart wise. 

18 minutes ago, Logan said:

Is there any way to loop the video on Youtube so that it keeps playing on repeat?

Already doing my 10 Apple Music streams per day...

Hold down shift when you press the play button and click loop 

16 minutes ago, Routa said:

Hoping for a lyric video tomorrow as well to get us to video premier.

Lyric videos are used when the audio is released with much anticipation.

It doesn't make sense a lyrics video if the video will premiere the next week. 🙄

6 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Radio 2 did play it yesterday. Sara Cox played it and praised it apparently. Radio 2 playlist isn't announced until Saturday is it? 

playlist of next week

FB_IMG_1555622690885.jpg

Edited by Joao

Bananrama, one hit wonders, get A fucking list? And no Madonna

I'm done, seriously, some shady behind the scenes shit is going on

1 minute ago, Joao said:

playlist of next week

FB_IMG_1555622690885.jpg

Well we don't have a radio date yet but just look at that. Bloody BANANARAMA straight on the A lIst. So if Madonna doesn't do the same then...

Bananarama, Bryan Adams, Keifer Sutherland but no Madonna?

its got to be more than ageism...they are all from around her time

1 minute ago, Aries said:

Bananarama, Bryan Adams, Keifer Sutherland but no Madonna?

its got to be more than ageism...they are all from around her time

Must be something more going on. 

22 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

I am not going to get worked up like I did over RH and its singles performing. I don't expect boring American radio to embrace Medellin and they're ageist as fuck. 

Madonna is beyond the sales game. She's got nothing to prove in that arena—she owns it.

I hope Madame X is a smash, but I so far thrilled with the one song I've heard. Enough for me. I am streaming on Amazon though and it wil be cooking all weekend, surely. 

Healthy opinion. Of course we all want the song to be a number one but at the end of the day the real joy is enjoying a new Madonna era. No matter what happens. 

I'm sure the song will serve its purpose. Madonna had in mind for months releasing two singles almost at the same time. She knows what she's doing. 

1 minute ago, stevo208 said:

Must be something more going on. 

Yeah Interscope NOT pushing this song, also it's Gaga's record label

It's a disgrace

15 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

That's brilliant to hear Sara Cox is a huge Madonna fan. I'm not sure when it's announced but I think it's too early to call on potential radio success. But the online love for it is proof M is absolutely still a force. 

3 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

Has a Latin song ever been popular in the UK? Recently at least?

It doesn't really matter. BBC is a publicly funded state broadcaster with a remit to provide for every demographic. Radio 2 listeners will be curious/interested in Madonna's latest material and they have a duty to cover it. If not, there's something going on. I mean just look at half the joke acts on that playlist above.

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Healthy opinion. Of course we all want the song to be a number one but at the end of the day the real joy is enjoying a new Madonna era. No matter what happens. 

I'm sure the song will serve its purpose. Madonna had in mind for months releasing two singles almost at the same time. She knows what she's doing. 

This