STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

Has ANYONE in the entire world heard the song in radio yet?

Has ANYONE heard of the impact dates, that every basic Artist on the street gets, at radio.  Like Latin ? Pop? AC?

It's ridiculous

A damn disgrace

We need to go after Guy in Twitter and Interscope, whom I'm convinced is in bed with Gaga, to sabotage Madonna

Okay you've made your point (several times) Let's just wait and see how it pans out shall we?

1 minute ago, Samo said:

And something tells me this isn't being seet to radio

How do you not send the LEAD single from Madonna to radio?

How?

Dolly Parton's record label and Cher's still has the courtesy to go for adds at radio

Well we dont know the situation so i cant comment on that! What makes you think it isnt being sent to radio?

Just now, Kim said:

Okay you've made your point (several times) Let's just wait and see how it pans out shall we?

Fine, I just don't wanna see a million "Why did it flop?" threads a year from now.

That's ALWAYS how it is

Ashame because it's a GREAT song

2 minutes ago, Showdown said:

Well we dont know the situation so i cant comment on that! What makes you think it isnt being sent to radio?

They would have listed the radio add dates in the press release and it would have gotten at least "some" spins by now

LFL and GT got "some"spins

6 minutes ago, Samo said:

Has ANYONE in the entire world heard the song in radio yet?

Has ANYONE heard of the impact dates, that every basic Artist on the street gets, at radio.  Like Latin ? Pop? AC?

It's ridiculous

A damn disgrace

We need to go after Guy in Twitter and Interscope, whom I'm convinced is in bed with Gaga, to sabotage Madonna

Every single one of your posts is negative. Can you stop? Madonna is giving us so much and you’re preoccupied with your negative drama in every thread.

Just now, Samo said:

Fine, I just don't wanna see a million "Why did it flop?" threads a year from now.

That's ALWAYS how it is

Well if it's not been added to any radio playlist in the WORLD yet, that indicates it's not been given a radio date yet. It's probably next week. Calm yerself.

Just now, Shaun said:

Every single one of your posts is negative. Can you stop? Madonna is giving us so much and you’re preoccupied with your negative drama in every thread.

I love the song, if it's negative, it's NOT because of Madonna, the complete opposite, she should be treated as the legend she is by Interscope...

16 minutes ago, Samo said:

BIM EXPLODED on YT and streams and was completely ignored at radio

Most acts, even older acts like Madonna,have a team at their record label that pushes their songs at radio and book interviews and contests and other radio promotion for their acts.  Madonna does not have this at Interscope, it's actually baffling and unheard of.  And I follow a lot of older veteran acts, it's the first I've ever seen.  There's ZERO radio push

I knew something was up when the press release didn't even announce the radio add/impact dates

EVERY Madonna album in the past and basically every major Artist, has that listed I'm their press releases for their new albums

BIM was a different beast.

Firstly it wasn't the lead single from an album and secondly it didn't have Maluma featured with his massive online presence.

It exploded for a fortnight online then dropped into oblivion, hardly enough for radio to sit up and take notice and start playing it.

One would hope Medlin can achieve triple the streams BIM did.....it's a much better song, has a streaming superstar attached and is the lead single. So there is far more hope for it to succeed. 

6 minutes ago, Samo said:

That's ALWAYS how it is

Radio isn't what it used to be. Streaming is more important now.

If the song charts on BB, it could get some radio airplay eventually. But I don't think they're gonna give a 60 yo woman a lot of airplay. It just wasn't gonna happen no matter what she and her team did. Stations cater very strongly to their advertisers, and most of them focus on a younger audience. None of them believe Madonna is commercial enough at this stage of the game. And I don't think that's gonna change very much.. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

BIM was a different beast.

Firstly it wasn't the lead single from an album and secondly it didn't have Maluma featured with his massive online presence.

It exploded for a fortnight online then dropped into oblivion, hardly enough for radio to sit up and take notice and start playing it.

One would hope Medlin can achieve triple the streams BIM did.....it's a much better song, has a streaming superstar attached and is the lead single. So there is far more hope for it to succeed. 

Yes to  the above

I can't stop listening to it, it's a jam!

Deserves to be a big hit, all over radio!

3 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

If the song charts on BB, it could get some radio airplay eventually. But I don't think they're gonna give a 60 yo woman a lot of airplay. It just wasn't gonna happen no matter what she and her team did. They've cater very strongly to their advertisers, and most of them focus on a younger audience. None of them believe Madonna is commercial enough at this stage of the game. And I don't think that's gonna change very much.. Sorry.

Fair enough , but the point is there should at least be an ATTEMPT to push the song at radio, like everyone else gets

Warner's would of at least

4 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

If the song charts on BB, it could get some radio airplay eventually. But I don't think they're gonna give a 60 yo woman a lot of airplay. It just wasn't gonna happen no matter what she and her team did. They cater very strongly to their advertisers, and most of them focus on a younger audience. None of them believe Madonna is commercial enough at this stage of the game. And I don't think that's gonna change very much.. Sorry.

A 60 year old woman with a Latin superstar don't forget.

If Medlin achieves enough streams to land a place in top ten charts in territories across the world, the song will sit alongside 9 other songs that all get radio play.

The radio is driven by what's popular on streaming......so Medlin therefore would be the only song massively popular enough to gain a top 10 in streaming/online charts not to get radio play.

I can't see radio being able to refuse to play it in this scenario. 

Lets wait and see the song hasn't been sent to radio yet it's still gaining online popularity.

Just now, Mat.Guy said:

Maybe will be added on radio tomorrow? Isn't it friday the typical day for new adds?

I thought it was Tuesday unless that changed?

Don’t role this out because it’s only 26h since it came out and it already has 2.74M on YouTube, 540k streams only on Spotify and it’s the #9 song worldwide on iTunes, in the top 10 in the main countries like USA, UK, France, Spain, Germany and Italy.

Next week the video premiere and the mtv event will be broadcasted worldwide on all the mtv channels and will push the song a little bit more.

I really think they will do a radio and video roll out together.

No radio station has played the song even in her strongest markets which tell me radio may have been told to wait to spin the song until a certain time/date. 

it's possible that they're trying to build up recognizability online for a week or two before going for radio adds (and with a radio edit). yes that's unorthodox, but m isn't ariana grande so her name alone isn't enough anymore. if stations start testing the song and no one knows it, that will affect scores and radio will drop it immediately. hopefully there's a strategy here. at the very least they have to be planning on servicing this to latin-pop stations. and maybe the second single will be targeted to pop. 

Just now, mmmike said:

I really think they will do a radio and video roll out together.

No radio station has played the song even in her strongest markets which tell me radio may have been told to wait to spin the song until a certain time/date. 

Someone said that the song has been played on Italian and Colombian radio

6 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

If the song charts on BB, it could get some radio airplay eventually. But I don't think they're gonna give a 60 yo woman a lot of airplay. It just wasn't gonna happen no matter what she and her team did. Stations cater very strongly to their advertisers, and most of them focus on a younger audience. None of them believe Madonna is commercial enough at this stage of the game. And I don't think that's gonna change very much.. Sorry.

Radio needs to get with the Effin times - I don’t know any 16-28 year olds that listen to radio anymore!

Generation X Y Z stream & listen to podcasts or YouTubeish sound bites of shite!

its more the 30 plus demographic who still actually tune in to the radio! Also you talk as if there  are no adult contemporary radio stations out there.

1 minute ago, ashtangi74 said:

who can we ask about this?

Interscope?

guy?

Both. Seriously. It’s kind of hard to understand. The roll out has been good but not even a send out to radio is very annoying. 

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Both. Seriously. It’s kind of hard to understand. The roll out has been good but not even a send out to radio is very annoying. 

just twitted the question. if we all do it, mybe they will respong or eeven better think about it and take some action.

Seriously radio?!! Nobody and mean nobody I know listens to normal radio anymore. Podcasts and streaming is everything now. Maybe radio is still a thing in America but in Europe I don't think so.

Edited by loveperanders

Guys theyre not stupid- if they havent sent it to radio its for a reason that Madonna has agreed to. Either they want to let it grow organically on streams and video plays so that it can positioned better to radio when they do send it or leave the cards open to push another single to radio fully knowing Medellin has traction because of the Lead single / Maluma factor and they are focusing on longetivity rather than bang. It has more merit and profit to keep audiences- engaged, buying, streaming and watching- over time than do a crazy expensive push that burns out quickly like GMAYL (we can skip LFL because that project was derailed as it was).

Just now, impr3ssive_instant said:

Didn't that insider that ended up being right about the length of the song say that there was a radio edit?

yes he did