STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

If we are only using our smartphone all day then is it better to play on repeat on spotify or YouTube?

57 minutes ago, ABB2015 said:

I still have no idea how to do that! I pre ordered the albums and the song automatically downloaded. I’ve tried to buy the track stand alone and can’t see it anywhere. I have cancelled the pre orders and still can’t seem to buy the song? So confused. 

That’s because you pressed pre-order first so it’s too late i think! I don’t know if cancelling the Pre order helps. I was hoping to get everyone to know before it was too late! Oh well. 

5 hours ago, ashtangi74 said:

streamed it ten times on spotify (that's the max right?)  tomorrow i will stream it another ten times!

For charting purposes, yes.  Additional streams still generate income for Madonna, though, so while they don't count for the charts, they still generate income for everyone involved 🙂

1 hour ago, mtzlplk said:

if she streams 3M in two days in Youtube plus some iTunes sales and Spotify streaming, is that enough for an early Hot 100 entry?

In my opinion no because not 100% of the streams are coming from the United States.

1 hour ago, ABB2015 said:

I still have no idea how to do that! I pre ordered the albums and the song automatically downloaded. I’ve tried to buy the track stand alone and can’t see it anywhere. I have cancelled the pre orders and still can’t seem to buy the song? So confused. 

You had to click on Medellin within the album first - by pre-ordering the whole album, you received Medellin as an "instant grat" track, which doesn't count towards the charts.  It's too late to change that now, unfortunately.  If you pre-ordered only one of the two album versions available, though, you should still be able to purchase Medellin by itself from within the other album version.

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Around 3am EST   So like 4 more hours.

i have streamed it all day long, still am actually. quite addicted to the song.

1.4M views on the first 11 hours on YouTube, it will finish the first day with 2.5M-3M.

On Spotify I guess it will move around 500k streams for the first day.

and with the #12 on iTunes I don’t think that it will be enough to chart on Billboard because it will only have two days to generate points, it will chart next week and the video will help.

5 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

1.4M views on the first 11 hours on YouTube, it will finish the first day with 2.5M-3M.

On Spotify I guess it will move around 500k streams for the first day.

and with the #12 on iTunes I don’t think that it will be enough to chart on Billboard because it will only have two days to generate points, it will chart next week and the video will help.

There is strong competition, Taylor Swift just announced she will release the 26th of April, Beyonce is also releasing some shit

5 minutes ago, realityisalways said:

There is strong competition, Taylor Swift just announced she will release the 26th of April, Beyonce is also releasing some shit

Yeah but I’m not expecting Medellin to hit #1, I’ll be more than happy if it hits the Top 10 in a few weeks.

Taylor will be #1 for 2-3 weeks as always and Beyoncé released a live album what will move no more than 120k first week and that’s it, there’s not a single or something worthy on the songs aspect.

3 hours ago, kingvirtue said:

Streaming now! It took a few minutes for me to find. Here's the direct link:

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX6aTaZa0K6VA?si=N1OcZ9eASDuiQTcN8OBhBA

And she's the cover. Almost 3 million followers on that playlist. Her PR is working 😎 (I'm hoping Medellín appears on Today's Top Hits)

cHxqkuG.png?1

haha, really? its a teaser, not a song... we talk about the strategy and the success. 

and for me its part of it to see who will release too, sorry.

calm down 

Any thoughts about starting family plans on streaming services?

Spotify Premium, Apple Music and YouTube Premium family plans all allow up to 6 members per plan. I actually am already a part of a plan and it works well. It works out to $2.50 per person per month in Canada. 

Just putting this idea out there since paid streaming services count more towards charts! 😉 

Edited by poprock

The video is up to 1.6M views and she’s about to enter the top 10 on iTunes:

The updates are rising for M and she will surpass #11 while the one on #10 is falling so maybe tomorrow or tonight. 

Plus, she’s above the single that Beyoncé is pushing from her live album which is at #16 and will fade into oblivion in a few days.

D6DCE04F-53AB-4F85-A1CE-217A151E4880.png

Medellín

iTunes (15x #1):
#1 Argentina
#1 Brazil
#1 Chile
#1 Colombia
#1 Costa Rica
#1 Finland
#1 Greece
#1 Italy
#1 Lebanon