STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

I can only assume it's something to do with Easter and for some reason they didn't want to/couldn't change the week of release. They always do self-sabotaging shit like this! 👎

I think now they are trying to build momentum to keep the single in the charts (once it’s there) rather than having it drop off...

at least Wednesday/Thursday video streams next week will count towards the chart numbers for that weeks audio streams...

5 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

I think now they are trying to build momentum to keep the single in the charts (once it’s there) rather than having it drop off...

at least Wednesday/Thursday video streams next week will count towards the chart numbers for that weeks audio streams...

I guess. It just seems a pity to lose out on that initial impact though. The first week will bring in the biggest numbers and probably the highest chart position (in the UK at least)

5 minutes ago, Kim said:

I guess. It just seems a pity to lose out on that initial impact though. The first week will bring in the biggest numbers and probably the highest chart position (in the UK at least)

In the UK we will definitely get a top 10 hit🙏🏾

Streaming is not like sales, it takes a couple of days to build up, perhaps more. It's common for songs to be released on Thursday or Wednesday. And if the song is to be a hit in the streaming era, it cannot rely on the first week impact. This type of chart success does not exist anymore. 

11 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

Streaming is not like sales, it takes a couple of days to build up, perhaps more. It's common for songs to be released on Thursday or Wednesday. And if the song is to be a hit in the streaming era, it cannot rely on the first week impact. This type of chart success does not exist anymore. 

Yes but we're in murky waters with Madonna because she still skews towards an older demographic who can still have some effect on the non-streaming side. Not much, but some. I'll be streaming of course, but I'll also buy (on Friday) and so will many others.

The absolute ideal would be premiere, physical, video, remixes,, streaming platforms all in the one day/week. Open big and if the song takes off then longevity comes naturally.

2 hours ago, DreamTheater said:

This is exactly what i taught , she is just building up momentum specially because she is trying to re connect again with GP and to younger audiences too it takes a bit more time , lets hope she and her team are doing it right , she hasnt been present or exposed to GP that much since the Superbowl ( the fall at the Brits didnt help that much to connect  )  

Remember to purchase "Medellin" as a single first and then pre-order the album.  If you just pre-order the album, you'll receive "Medellin" as an instant grat track and these do NOT count towards the charts.

4 hours ago, Kim said:

I agree I think it's very odd but Maluma is absolutely massive online and I'm sure that will give the song the leg work it needs to be a chart hit.

I just dunno how it's going to land here in the U.K. were Maluma is a relatively unknown but the song is very fresh and summery. 

I don't think the song will work for the Eurovision so I am hoping for the disco stomper to be unveiled for that next month. 🙂

11 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Same . It’s not available to buy as a stand alone single . Only as album . So maybe it is released Friday ??

For now, it seems to be available to buy as stand-alone single only in the Google Play Music store

5 minutes ago, Msig said:

For now, it seems to be available to buy as stand-alone single only in the Google Play Music store

Australian iTunes allows you to purchase it separately.  It's part of the album, but you don't have to pre-order the album to purchase the track.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Oh no will it effect chart stats then ? Sorry I'm old skool ...

It just affects exposure. It is easier to hit No1 on i-Tunes when there is only one version of the song. If you have 2 they compete with each other.

Medellín
iTunes:

#1 Cyprus
#1 Lebanon
#1 Spain
#2 Brazil
#2 Slovakia
#3 Mexico
#4 Italy
#4 Sweden
#6 Portugal
#7 Hungary