STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion

24 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

F@ck it... If only my streams for the Philippines can contrubute for its US charting. 

Can't you change your phone's location to the US? 

Here's how to do it on android:

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/google-android/how-change-your-gps-location-on-android-3646250/

IOS: 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389

tenor.gif?itemid=4689593

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

You’ll need Apple, Spotify and Deezer as well! 🙂

i dont do apple---android all the way.  is Spotify the best ranking app? i'll sign up for ONE extra streaming service- i dont have madonna money after all

Edited by badboydrunkby6

So Spotify free will count ?? But just given less weight than if you have a premium account, yes ??

I will be doing this and obviously buying on iTunes and if there’s physically anything released but can’t afford another subscription. 

55 minutes ago, badboydrunkby6 said:

i dont do apple---android all the way.  is Spotify the best ranking app? i'll sign up for ONE extra streaming service- i dont have madonna money after all

In terms of charts and certifications, it doesn't make any difference if you use Google Play Music or Spotify Premium.

1 hour ago, leeagainstthemusic said:

Will it get released in the uk on Friday or 17th? I just want her to have a well deserved 14th no 1.

As far as we know, it will be released worldwide on Wednesday, 17 April

Trying to keep this updated...so if anyone has any more ideas let me know! I think I need to add snap chat since it seems like the video is going to be on there too and will count as streaming.

1 minute ago, iamme said:

So only streaming from premium Spotify is counted? Not the free one?

Free streaming is counted...but it doesn't count as much as premium! 

2 hours ago, DreamTheater said:

Leaving a comment on the youtube video may also have some impact on how often it is recommended to other users. There's a like button too.

Cool. I added this to the list! :) 

YouTube has a LOOP feature. Just right click on the controller to put a video on infinite loop. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Wow! Thanks for the info.  I'll be using Youtube and Spotify, but I'm a little unclear about a free Spotify account?  Streaming from a free account, does still count right, but just not at the level of a premium account?

Australia has the "maximum of 10 plays per 24-hour period" streaming rule for the charts, too.

I can't for the life of me understand why this single is being released on a Wednesday when the chart week runs from Friday to Thursday.  I know charts aren't everything, but since this is a thread specifically designed to boost her chances of charting highly, it's relevant to bring it up here.  Essentially, anything anyone does on Wednesday and Thursday is going to have minimal impact (since the single is unlikely to attract enough interest in less than 48 hours to have a massive impact anywhere).  It's what happens from Friday to Thursday that will make the most difference.

Stephen, thank you for spearheading this particular campaign! :tigger:

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

Wow! Thanks for the info.  I'll be using Youtube and Spotify, but I'm a little unclear about a free Spotify account?  Streaming from a free account, does still count right, but just not at the level of a premium account?

Correct (in most countries - in some countries identified in Kim's post on the previous page - e.g. Italy - streams from free accounts don't count at all), and for ALL accounts, only a maximum of 10 streams per 24 hour period count towards the charts in certain countries (e.g. the UK and Australia, and I'm sure many other countries have this rule, too).

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Carta said:

Correct (in most countries - in some countries identified in Kim's post on the previous page - e.g. Italy - streams from free accounts don't count at all), and for ALL accounts, only a maximum of 10 streams per 24 hour period count towards the charts in certain countries (e.g. the UK and Australia, and I'm sure many other countries have this rule, too).

Thanks for the info.  So exciting!