PROMO CALENDAR - so far

15 minutes ago, Toni said:

Ah I don’t mind Graham, I think he genuinely likes her, he’d be jesting.

Yea, Keith Caulifield and herself just flowed in that last interview, I wanted so much more. I think he’d be the man to get more out of her as they seemed on the same page, quick witted and intelligent. Fingers crossed we get ANYTHING! 🤞

Agree regarding Keith!  It’s nice to see her interviewed by someone who admires and respects her AND asks great questions.  I guess I’m just not a fan of Graham. 

Guest eroticerotic

nothing on the 24th or 31st?  I doubt the singles will stop coming for two full weeks....;/

On 5/19/2019 at 11:52 PM, eroticerotic said:

nothing on the 24th or 31st?  I doubt the singles will stop coming for two full weeks....;/

I'd imagine the next 2 weeks will be dedicated to pushing Crave.

That video is just as lush as the song I hope it enjoys promo spots.

It's unusual she is very quite right now but I'd imagine there's lots of TV spots being planned behind the scenes. 

2 hours ago, Confessit said:

I'd imagine the next 2 weeks will be dedicated to pushing Crave.

That video is just as lush as the song I hope it enjoys promo spots.

It's unusual she is very quite right now but I'd imagine there's lots of TV spots being planned behind the scenes. 

Yeah I recon the next 2 weeks she will promote crave, I hope so anyway, excellent song, I lv the video and she looks the best ever especially 80s little bits (hair&beauty mole). I’m hoping for chat shows and performances of crave, where/what country do we think she will do her first chat show/ performance ? and will it be within the next week? 

1 minute ago, Alfastar said:

Yeah I recon the next 2 weeks she will promote crave, I hope so anyway, excellent song, I lv the video and she looks the best ever especially 80s little bits (hair&beauty mole). I’m hoping for chat shows and performances of crave, where/what country do we think she will do her first chat show/ performance ? and will it be within the next week? 

I'd imagine she will promote in America a lot with this he is massive in the states in terms of streaming so it would make sense.

Im not sure he's that big outside of the states though? 

37 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I'd imagine she will promote in America a lot with this he is massive in the states in terms of streaming so it would make sense.

Im not sure he's that big outside of the states though? 

I’d not heard of him before but then he’s not my genre of music, as long as she does a lil bit of promo in the UK I’d be ok with that.

I'm wondering when all those videos and clips she shot through January-March are going to be released? There's not been a word on this so far. 

Everyone's been talking about that LA drag queen video, but let's not forget there was so much more! The observatory in Lisbon during the Red Moon night, the Portugese villages where she was shooting in a baroque palace and historic church (though I guess some of that could have been used for the Medellin vid), then at the beach with those Batuka ladies....

Plus in the first promo clip that she posted on IG there were all these different clips compiled of Madame X personas - she likely didn't shoot full music videos for each of them, but I also find it unlikely that they shot in all of these different stylings just for a short promo clip.

Don't get me wrong, this is not meant to be a complaint - the Madame X era has been a visual feast so far, so I'm just really intrigued by all these different shoots and what's going to happen with them!

6 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I'm wondering when all those videos and clips she shot through January-March are going to be released? There's not been a word on this so far. 

Everyone's been talking about that LA drag queen video, but let's not forget there was so much more! The observatory in Lisbon during the Red Moon night, the Portugese villages where she was shooting in a baroque palace and historic church (though I guess some of that could have been used for the Medellin vid), then at the beach with those Batuka ladies....

Plus in the first promo clip that she posted on IG there were all these different clips compiled of Madame X personas - she likely didn't shoot full music videos for each of them, but I also find it unlikely that they shot in all of these different stylings just for a short promo clip.

Don't get me wrong, this is not meant to be a complain - Madame X has been a visual feast so far, so I'm just really intrigued by all these different shoots and what's going to happen with them!

I feel exactly the same.

I think there was a change is strategy somewhere along the lines why make a music video in February and keep it for this long. I might be wrong but I think the theratre shoot with the queens was originally planned to a be a single by now but it's been postponed to later on in the campaign.

As for all the other ton of visuals....could there still be some sort of documentary this year? I mean her 60th birthday was professionally filmed after all I remember the IG clip from it. Maybe they are still editing it we all know Madonna loves her filters.

1 hour ago, FreeMySoul said:

@karsonwithak: BREAKING NEWS: Music icon @Madonna on our show Tuesday May 28th 7:15 AM (replay 9:15 AM). Grateful to be 1 of 3 stations in the country to get this interview. @Radiodotcom for streaming. https://twitter.com/karsonwithak/status/1131533594982256640/photo/1

So does that mean that she will be doing 3 radio interviews ?

3 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

hope she will actually get out there and do more promo seems so quiet 

It reminds me of the week following the SuperBowl she was everywhere and then nothing.

I feel like she has done a lot already: 

BBMA performance

Eurovision performance

Medellin video 

Crave video 

Vanity Fair Article 

Tetu magazine article

now 3 radio station interviews

tour announcement 

That is a LOT of promo already. 

1 minute ago, air1975 said:

BBMA performance

Eurovision performance

Medellin video 

Crave video 

Vanity Fair Article 

Tetu magazine article

tour announcement 

It is a lot but she hasn't done any TV interviews yet and she has done them with every album campaign except MDNA so I think that's why everyone is a little puzzled as to why it's all quite this week considering there is a planned 4 weeks between the exposure of the Eurovision and the album dropping it seems odd one of those weeks is left empty. Minus the Crave video of course. 

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

It is a lot but she hasn't done any TV interviews yet and she has done them with every album campaign except MDNA so I think that's why everyone is a little puzzled as to why it's all quite this week considering there is a planned 4 weeks between the exposure of the Eurovision and the album dropping it seems odd one of those weeks is left empty. Minus the Crave video of course. 

We'll see. A lot of times her TV appearances are only announced a week or less before. 

2 minutes ago, Cesky said:

We'll see. A lot of times her TV appearances are only announced a week or less before. 

I agree. 

I just hope she promotes in the states with Crave, maybe a key appearance with Swae discussing the collaboration. He has a huge following, the song is slick and the video is gorgeous so all the stars are aligned for it to make an appearance in the billboard charts. 

5 hours ago, air1975 said:

BBMA performance

Eurovision performance

Medellin video 

Crave video 

Vanity Fair Article 

Tetu magazine article

tour announcement 

yea. but during the rh tour she was on a talk show in italy, france and she was on ellen for a week.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
5 hours ago, Confessit said:

Quiet this week?  The video for "Crave" was just released this week and she's been very active on social media, with clips and Behind the Scenes as well as some interviews on magazines/radio.  It's hardly quiet.  That said, I don't believe we're going to get much until "Dark Ballet" is released.  I think they are going to let the song and video play out.  Possibly remixes coming up this next week for "Crave".

Well she shouldnt waste too many promo spots before the album is out so I bet they are waiting till around June 14.  Also im betting this Monday or next they will announce a few more Madame X shows.

18 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

@karsonwithak: BREAKING NEWS: Music icon @Madonna on our show Tuesday May 28th 7:15 AM (replay 9:15 AM). Grateful to be 1 of 3 stations in the country to get this interview. @Radiodotcom for streaming. https://twitter.com/karsonwithak/status/1131533594982256640/photo/1

When did she become music icon and not queen of pop? 🤨

Why has promo come to a complete halt? 

Album is out in just 16 days!

News on TV shows, major important magazine covers etc

2 hours ago, Samo said:

Why has promo come to a complete halt? 

Album is out in just 16 days!

News on TV shows, major important magazine covers etc

I may be completely wrong here but, since people's attention span is so short nowadays, it wouldnt make much sense to promote a product that they can't buy right away..? maybe pre-order campaign is considered done with the 2 singles + the 2 live performances, and the real album promo will kick-in closer to its release date? the press review embargo also wouldnt make sense otherwise....

5 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I may be completely wrong here but, since people's attention span is so short nowadays, it wouldnt make much sense to promote a product that they can't buy right away..? maybe pre-order campaign is considered done with the 2 singles + the 2 live performances, and the real album promo will kick-in closer to its release date? the press review embargo also wouldnt make sense otherwise....

Ok but usually we have confirmation of TV appearances and magazine covers by now.

Madonna already did an extensive UK promo tour in February 2015, a full.moth before the release of RH and we already had a number of major magazine covers by then, Interview, MOJO, Rolling Stone.  So far we've only gotten Vogue UK