Medellín remixes

Msig

5 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

With great remixes, Medellín could be her longest #1 on BB’s Dancs Clobber Song Chart. Her last longest #1 was Music for 5 weeks. 

Songs rarely stay #1 for more than a week on that chart. For many years it’s a new song going #1 almost every week. 

5 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Remixes for the last two album were all forgettable. I think I liked one remix each for the Hard Candy singles. It would be great if we could get some good remixes for this album.

Yeah, so forgettable that even Madonna and her team chose to start the MDNA tour setlist with one of the  remixes (at least the intro of the Offer Nissim remix of GGW) and used both remixes of LFL for the Grammies, Brit, 3 TV performances and the RH tour. 

She must really have bad taste, right? Why are we still following her? Most fans think they know better than her when it comes to music, with all comments on remixes, RH demos supposedly better than the final mixes - thank god she never released that Rebel Heart Avicii version, wasn’t bad but sounded dated AF and cheesy, would have killed her career.

21 minutes ago, Dams said:

Yeah, so forgettable that even Madonna and her team chose to start the MDNA tour setlist with one of the  remixes (at least the intro of the Offer Nissim remix of GGW) and used both remixes of LFL for the Grammies, Brit, 3 TV performances and the RH tour. 

She must really have bad taste, right? Why are we still following her? Most fans think they know better than her when it comes to music, with all comments on remixes, RH demos supposedly better than the final mixes - thank god she never released that Rebel Heart Avicii version, wasn’t bad but sounded dated AF and cheesy, would have killed her career.

Well, they were forgettable to me. I didn't care for them. If you liked them, cool. I felt the contributions from DJs were of greater quality on previous albums. I did not like the Living For Love mix she performed on tour. It was not horrible but the album version was superior. Again, just my opinion. Not saying Madonna has to listen to me. I'm actually in the minority when it comes to the song Rebel Heart. I like the album version more than the Avicii demo. My only issue is with the mastering. The drums sound too crunchy. The same thing happened with Voices on Hard Candy.

16 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Well, they were forgettable to me. I didn't care for them. If you liked them, cool. I felt the contributions from DJs were of greater quality on previous albums. I did not like the Living For Love mix she performed on tour. It was not horrible but the album version was superior. Again, just my opinion. Not saying Madonna has to listen to me. I'm actually in the minority when it comes to the song Rebel Heart. I like the album version more than the Avicii demo. My only issue is with the mastering. The drums sound too crunchy. The same thing happened with Voices on Hard Candy.

Yes, just because M used them doesn't mean they were good. I agree about LFL too. Didn't like the mix used for the performances. It just sounded like some generic gay house.

However, the general house scene seems very poor in terms of mixes. I keep listening to remixes of chart hits and they're just cheap, shitty dance mixes.

Fingers crossed they'll deliver this time. 

5 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Yes, just because M used them doesn't mean they were good. I agree about LFL too. Didn't like the mix used for the performances. It just sounded like some generic gay house.

However, the general house scene seems very poor in terms of mixes. I keep listening to remixes of chart hits and they're just cheap, shitty dance mixes.

Fingers crossed they'll deliver this time. 

Yeah, are remixes in general any good nowadays? This is not specific to Madonna, right? I think remixes as a whole have been pretty shit for the past 10 years or so. What's up with that?

18 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yeah, are remixes in general any good nowadays? This is not specific to Madonna, right? I think remixes as a whole have been pretty shit for the past 10 years or so. What's up with that?

I have to really search round YouTube to find a decent new house tune now. They are around but so much is this supposed deep House which is anything but. I just go through 90s songs now to listen to something 'new'.

34 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Professional inbreeding I think.  Same people remixing everything and using the same style anx the same equipment/software.  No true reconstruction.  No reinvention.  They all seem to remove what it good about the song instead of building off of it.  These DJs care more about their brands (sounds( being front and center rather than treating the music.  No soul.  With that ... I loved the Bongo mix of Give It 2 Me.  Still listen to it all the time.  

I don't think she could have had any input into the choice of remixers for the last 2 albums and just left it to the record company to sort out even the mixes by the more credible remixers were not really worth listening to and pointless as were so poor  - there were so many of them and none of them really any good and that credible.

Hoping more thought and effort goes into the remixes from this album like what happened for earlier albums

On 4/20/2019 at 12:32 AM, luluthecat said:

Definitely want more quality over quantity this time. Pretty much all the Rebel Heart remixes (even the ones by renowned people) were trash. I’d love 2 or 3 quality mixes by serious top-notch producers/DJs or just not bother.

No they were not. Offer Nissim remixes were great, for example.

I only liked one remix from each single from RH.  Most are just unlistenable. That being said I really do like the Sanders Kleinberg remix of BIM. 

I hope for a Diplo remix. Mirwais has never remixed his own songs with Madonna right? So im guessing thats out of the question

5 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I quite like this although she sounds like she's had too much sangria! 🍹

:lmao:

On 4/22/2019 at 4:16 AM, jonski43 said:

Forgot to mention, did anyone see junior Vasquez post on M's Instagram about doing a remix? 

Have they buried the hatchet???

where was this? i'm not his biggest fan but would be cool for them to reunite for something tribal/latin. 

I know this a bit OT, but does someone know whatever happened to that supposed radio edit? The one that was supposed to have a 4:10 running time. Saw it mentioned a couple of times including on (somewhat) official sites but it's nowhere to be found.

26 minutes ago, bardo said:

where was this? i'm not his biggest fan but would be cool for them to reunite for something tribal/latin. 

It was on her Instagram feed when the single was first announced but can't remember which post

16 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

I know this a bit OT, but does someone know whatever happened to that supposed radio edit? The one that was supposed to have a 4:10 running time. Saw it mentioned a couple of times including on (somewhat) official sites but it's nowhere to be found.

Supposedly playing it on radio 2. I think there's less Maluma from hearing it.

Not heard anything about remixes but they normally follow a couple of weeks or so after the main release.

24 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

It was on her Instagram feed when the single was first announced but can't remember which post

Supposedly playing it on radio 2. I think there's less Maluma from hearing it.

Not heard anything about remixes but they normally follow a couple of weeks or so after the main release.

Thank you for the info!

By the way -  I have just found this on Discogs, supposedly a Promo Single from France that also contains a radio edit on it (with a different running time though). To the collectors out there, do we know if this is legit?

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Maluma-Medellín/release/13535354

R-13535354-1556045535-9304.jpeg.jpgR-13535354-1556045535-4101.jpeg.jpg

7 hours ago, Nonoka said:

Thank you for the info!

By the way -  I have just found this on Discogs, supposedly a Promo Single from France that also contains a radio edit on it (with a different running time though). To the collectors out there, do we know if this is legit?

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Maluma-Medellín/release/13535354

R-13535354-1556045535-9304.jpeg.jpgR-13535354-1556045535-4101.jpeg.jpg

Wow. It was the same for RH. Only France seemed to have cd promos! £170! Have to be careful as that will be bootlegged soon, I imagine.