Madame X: Album Discussion

25 minutes ago, ibizaboi24 said:

I’m having a Madame X pool party for my friends the next day! Can’t wait for them to hear the album!

70D822CF-A777-4188-8DCC-6C8396504297.jpeg

Nice!!!

2 hours ago, alcermag said:

WE´RE JUST ONE MONTH AWAY TO HEAR THE ALBUM (i can't wait)

Which are the songs are you most excited to hear? I can't wait to hear Extreme Occident (the snippets of that song are awesome and i haven't heard the full song and i know it's my fav now), dark ballet, god control and killers who are partying

Based on the next to nothing that we know, I am most excited to hear Dark Ballet (Joan of Arc inspiration according to Billboard interview), Batuka (love the lyrics quoted in British Vogue), Extreme Occident, and I Don’t Search I Find (love the title).

I feel like Bitch I’m Loca will be the track I am least interested in by the title, but maybe it will surprise me.

I love that we know nothing not a month away. I have loved all three pre-release tracks thus far.

2 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Thanks! This is nice ... but can someone explain what the CD with the Frida-esque Madame X artwork is? The album isn’t out for another month...?

(PS - makes me really want to buy the IC vinyl!! Hope I happen upon a copy in the US around the release of Madame X!)

5 minutes ago, peter said:

Thanks! This is nice ... but can someone explain what the CD with the Frida-esque Madame X artwork is? The album isn’t out for another month...?

(PS - makes me really want to buy the IC vinyl!! Hope I happen upon a copy in the US around the release of Madame X!)

It says “preorder now” ...it’s a blank CD to promote the album 

31 minutes ago, Mensch said:

It says “preorder now” ...it’s a blank CD to promote the album 

Thanks, @Mensch!  Sorry I couldn’t read that — guess I should have tried to zoom in!

On 5/13/2019 at 3:05 PM, imakicola said:

My question is...will a theatre tour be that lucrative? 

Spending giant funds on the Billboard Awards, hundreds of music videos, and lots of expensive promo for Madame X is likely an investment into the tour. Is it going to be lucrative?

Im wondering about it too. With shows only in big major cities, no smaller cities, with more expensive tickets. General public (not Madonna fans) definitely are not willing to travel out of State just to attend the show. 

Edited by metalissimo

7 hours ago, peter said:

Thanks, @Mensch!  Sorry I couldn’t read that — guess I should have tried to zoom in!

Hahaha I ALMOST didn’t do that and then I was happy I did. I didn’t wanna get eaten up by comments lol 

2 hours ago, metalissimo said:

Im wondering about it too. With shows only in big major cities, no smaller cities, with more expensive tickets. General public (not Madonna fans) definitely are not willing to travel out of State just to attend the show. 

Well, it has already been discussed that the theater tour is only the beginning. Maybe the theater tour is some kind of "promo tour" and there will be a "second leg" with stadiums or big venues later. Maybe there will be another surprise?

14 hours ago, Mensch said:

Nice!!!

You have any idea what her next single/video will be? Just curious if God control got shelved due to gun/political issues.

2 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, it has already been discussed that the theater tour is only the beginning. Maybe the theater tour is some kind of "promo tour" and there will be a "second leg" with stadiums or big venues later. Maybe there will be another surprise?

That sounds like a plan I hope it’s true

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

You have any idea what her next single/video will be? Just curious if God control got shelved due to gun/political issues.

No idea. 

I'm excited for Madame X, of course, but from the 3 tracks released, I am envisioning I'll embrace it like Hard Candy, where I play the Mirwais tracks exclusively and never play the rest. 

On HC, I loved every Pharrell track and abandoned the JT/Timberlake stuff—with he exception of Miles Away, which is gorgeous. 

I'm trying not to be a big stinker, nor do I want to fight with anyone, but I just don't get the appeal of Crave and I Rise. Medellin is fucking gold. 

18 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

I'm excited for Madame X, of course, but from the 3 tracks released, I am envisioning I'll embrace it like Hard Candy, where I play the Mirwais tracks exclusively and never play the rest. 

On HC, I loved every Pharrell track and abandoned the JT/Timberlake stuff—with he exception of Miles Away, which is gorgeous. 

I'm trying not to be a big stinker, nor do I want to fight with anyone, but I just don't get the appeal of Crave and I Rise. Medellin is fucking gold. 

Medellin is much more Madonna than the other 2

26 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

Fair enough. Medellín is a bit more experimental which she always does well. I Rise and Crave are classic Madonna songs that appeal to many of us because of her expert way with a melody, her gift for hooks, and the sense of beautiful melancholy that she does better than anyone.

11 minutes ago, Shane said:

Fair enough. Medellín is a bit more experimental which she always does well. I Rise and Crave are classic Madonna songs that appeal to many of us because of her expert way with a melody, her gift for hooks, and the sense of beautiful melancholy that she does better than anyone.

:inlove:

59 minutes ago, Mozo1 said:

I get what you’re saying. You’ll probably change your mind when the album is out.

To me, I absolutely love the music of I Rise, but it feels like I’ve heard the track before, very RH (and as a bonus track). Crave? It had potential but it becomes repetitive, while I love her singing here and there and the vocals, Swae sounds amazing too, it feels too rushed. Both nice songs overall with great production. Saying that, I play the hell out of the 3. 

Medellín is glorious. Is gold. 

Was there any real confirmation or legit rumor to God Control/Drag queen club video actually being "shelved"...or is that fan assumptions again?   

Perhaps they're holding back on that one for Pride month (June), around or shortly after album release... (just a thought)

15 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Was there any real confirmation or legit rumor to God Control/Drag queen club video actually being "shelved"...or is that fan assumptions again?   

Perhaps they're holding back on that one for Pride month (June), around or shortly after album release... (just a thought)

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 I think it was always planned that way...

6 minutes ago, Mensch said:

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 I think it was always planned that way...

Seems likely, mystery is what song it really is ☺

19 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

Very nice!

This reminds me, I’m surprised Warner haven’t cobbled something together to coincide with Madame X, wasn’t there a coloured vinyl box set in talks when Ray Of Light clear vinyl was released?

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Medellin is much more Madonna than the other 2

Agreed. It's the Madonna I know and love. The other 2 don't sound like M. to me. Well, not enough in the case of I Rise. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

See, I just don't hear the same and I really wish I did. 

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

I get what you’re saying. You’ll probably change your mind when the album is out.

To me, I absolutely love the music of I Rise, but it feels like I’ve heard the track before, very RH (and as a bonus track). Crave? It had potential but it becomes repetitive, while I love her singing here and there and the vocals, Swae sounds amazing too, it feels too rushed. Both nice songs overall with great production. Saying that, I play the hell out of the 3. 

Medellín is glorious. Is gold. 

I very well could. COADF was the last M. album I adored start to finish, but a lot of Rh, for example, grew on me after repeated listenings. I don't know what I was doing with my life before Messiah sunk in. That song sat almost unplayed for far too long before it harpooned my fucking soul. I am hoping for the same with Madame X, and I am sure I will love most of it. Medellin just raised my hopes and I Rise and Crave just haven't matched it. I cannot wait to hear it all in its entirety. Sometimes that changes my mind about songs, too. Like COADF, again, listening to it as a cohesive work of art can change everything, 

But to all, I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED for JUNE!!! 

22 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

I don't think there will be second leg with stadium or arena venues. 

With European shows which will be only 3 cities London, Paris, and Lisbon, General public (not Madonna fans), who don't live in those 3 cities, most likely are not willing to travel to those 3 cities just for attending the shows because they will have to pay for travel expense, hotel etc. 

I am wondering if Madame X tour will be lucrative in Europe. 

Edited by metalissimo

4 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I don't think there will be second leg with stadium or arena venues. 

With European shows which will be only 3 cities London, Paris, and Lisbon, General public (not Madonna fans), who don't live in those 3 cities, most likely are not willing to travel to those 3 cities just for attending the shows because they will have to pay for travel expense, hotel etc. 

I am wondering if Madame X tour will be lucrative in Europe. 

Well, let's see what happens. I just don't believe the tour will be so small. Really, only three cities in Europe?