Madame X: Album Discussion

1 minute ago, metalissimo said:

do you all think that Dark Ballet, I Rise and Future being released before Madame X drops, will hurt the album sales ?

I think they are too many songs released before June 14 ? 

They should've released Medellin and Crave only before the album release.

The album will sell whatever it sells.  This is the way artists release things these days.  Multiple pre-release tracks before the actual album. Not always five, but typically three and often four songs will be released before the album.

3 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

do you all think that Dark Ballet, I Rise and Future being released before Madame X drops, will hurt the album sales ?

I think they are too many songs released before June 14 ? 

Nah i doubt it, it's more the way things are done these days, and it keeps the era alive and going. I think its really smart of her, she may not dominate the charts immediately but she keeps interest up about her album, every new song gets a bunch of headlines and everyone knows she has an album coming. And we have so many songs we wont hear until the release to look forward to

I'm still worried and annoyed that Bruce Springsteen new album will also be released on June 14.

Bruce new album doesn't come out with ticket bundle as he won't be touring this year.
I'm afraid Bruce new album will get more streams than Madame X, and it will have more equivalent album units than Madame X.

Hopefully not.

5 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I'm still worried and annoyed that Bruce Springsteen new album will also be released on June 14.

Bruce new album doesn't come out with ticket bundle as he won't be touring this year.
I'm afraid Bruce new album will get more streams than Madame X, and it will have more equivalent album units than Madame X.

Hopefully not.

At least it's not against Taylor or Cardi or Rihanna or Bey or any of these imitations...Bruce is a legend and a very different genre and kind of artist so I'm happy she stands at #1 or #2 against someone iconic.

28 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I think they are too many songs released before June 14 

Don’t know and hopefully not. I was never into the idea of releasing 3-4 songs before the album, anyways...

8 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Hopefully not.

Bruce Springsteen is a legend like Madonna, but he's not that good on streaming platforms. Neither Madonna is, but she's gaining way more streamings than him on this era (also she's now the biggest female artist from her generation based on streaming numbers)

Bruce is now #341 in Spotify (with a single released on April 26th)

Madonna is #180 in Spotify with 3 songs from her new album out (two of them duets). That helps a lot and it's better.

Don't worry, the Bruce Springsteen public is not into streaming platforms. They're going to buy the physical release. That's his field.

32 minutes ago, Mensch said:

At least it's not against Taylor or Cardi or Rihanna or Bey or any of these imitations...Bruce is a legend and a very different genre and kind of artist so I'm happy she stands at #1 or #2 against someone iconic.

No way, I will be very disappointed if Madame X debuts at no.2 being blocked by Bruce new album.

Rebel Heart was kept off from No.1 by Empire Soundtrack by more SEA and TEA, but Rebel Heart sold more traditional album sales.

Rebel Heart should've been Madonna's 9th no.1 album and made Madonna is the female act with second-most no.1 album after Barbra Streisand.

I'm really hoping Madame X will be her 9th no.1 album on Billboard 200 chart

Edited by metalissimo

31 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

I think they are too many songs released before June 14 

No. This is perfect for her.

During her last era, Shakira released 5 songs before her album came out. Two of them were smashing hits all over the latin world. Those numbers helped a lot on Spotify for RIAA certifications, pushed her streaming numbers to the top and she had 3 hits before the album came out. By the time El Dorado was released, had like 100 million plays with only 5 songs.

I repeat: Madonna's team for this era is sooo clever, this is how you play the game nowadays and I'm extremely happy about it and we should support every single decission they take. They're doing really good, guys.

7 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

No way, I will be very disappointed if Madame X debuts at no.2 being blocked by Bruce new album.

Rebel Heart was kept off from No.1 by Empire Soundtrack by more SEA and TEA, but Rebel Heart had more traditional album sales.

Rebel Heart should've been Madonna's 9th no.1 album and made Madonna is the female act with second-most no.1 album after Barbra Streisand.

I hope you’ll be able to make it through such a difficult time.

28 minutes ago, metalissimo said:

Rebel Heart was kept off from No.1 by Empire Soundtrack by more SEA and TEA, but Rebel Heart sold more traditional album sales.

Some of her greatest albums like TIC, Erotica, Ray of Light, and Rebel Heart peaked at Number Two so Madame X will be in great company whether it comes in first or second place!

2 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

I wouldn't worry about Bruce.... worry about The Jonas Brothers, as ridiculous as it sounds. 

don't tell me Jonas Brothers new album will also be released on June 14

Just now, metalissimo said:

don't tell me Jonas Brothers new album will also be released on June 14

Nope, they are releasing the week before but the nostalgia surrounding them is major and they are bundling merch too. 

14 minutes ago, Nick said:

Yeah Madonna deserves Madame X to be her 9th number one album! 

Madonna will be the female act with second-most no. 1 album on Billboard 200 albums chart after Barbra Streisand. 

Edited by metalissimo

24 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

I wouldn't worry about Bruce.... worry about The Jonas Brothers, as ridiculous as it sounds. 

Well, we should, since he's higher than her in pre-sales.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Music/zgbs/music (UK) (Bruce #06 - Madonna- #48

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-music-albums/zgbs/music(US) (Bruce #04 - Madonna - #99)

4 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

She best get that 9th #1 album in a big way.

Her team needs to streamline purchases.  I should have not had to work that hard to order each of the versions.  And my UK purchases will not even count for my own country's chart.

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Im the exact opposite. I need someone at their peak to beat Madonna. If Bruce beats her it will just reinforce to the GP that Madonna isnt as big a legend as Bruce.  Ariana beating Madonna its just like ok obviously. I need Madonna to be the most successful legend. 

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Im the exact opposite. I need someone at their peak to beat Madonna. If Bruce beats her it will just reinforce to the GP that Madonna isnt as big a legend as Bruce.  Ariana beating Madonna its just like ok obviously. I need Madonna to be the most successful legend. 

Exactly!!!

9 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

No way! fuck all these faux artists... Bruce is amazing. but whatever, I don't care anymore where it lands! I just want her to be happy and have a great record! It'll def debut on top 10/5/3/2/1 !!

wait...

with all these promo singles...

people who bought the songs and/or preordered the album, when it drops, wouldn't it have a stronger impact overall then if it were just the first single only OR the 6 song bundle from RH? Could that be the strategy?

Well we all need to stream NON STOP and download VPNs so that they count towards America.  We're gonna have to be like the lambs and monsters and Swifties and work extra hard if we want Madame X to get to #1

1 minute ago, le smoking said:

Well we all need to stream NON STOP and download VPNs so that they count towards America.  We're gonna have to be like the lambs and monsters and Swifties and work extra hard if we want Madame X to get to #1

Also fans should buy mulitple versions  and redeem the ticket bundles and merch bundles.

Bedtime Stories debuted at #3. 

I'm not so sure many here will make it through if that were to happen to Madame X. :lol:

Imagine....Bruce #1, Jonas #2.....Madonna #3. :shock: