Madame X: Album Discussion

If it’s true that the tour is being announced tomorrow morning then she should ABSOLUTELY get dolled up and walk the met gala red carpet tomorrow night. Quick and easy promotion that will reinforce the tour and album. 

37 minutes ago, mrsmith said:

Mykki just posted he can’t wait to share what him and Madonna did. Does anybody have any info on this? 

Who's Mykki and what do they do?

The head of Maverick, Greg Thompson, has confirmed that Medelin will still be pushed only in Latin markets and Crave is going to be the de facto pop radio single.

"To that end, “Crave” with Swae Lee will become the de facto pop radio single upon its release, with an official music video to soon follow. Meanwhile, “Medellín” -- which received a global television launch across Viacom networks in April -- will continue being pushed in Latin markets."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Doesn’t Extreme Occident remind anyone of Xstatic Process? The titles remind me of each other which excites me !!! 

So funny you posted this because I was just looking over the track list and fantasizing about what the songs will be like.  I love how little we know!  I want dance tracks, ballads, experimental songs and everything!

This title excites me very much as well!

13 hours ago, Mensch said:

Yeah, I’m almost 100% that it’s NOT Crave. We'll probably Know by Friday when crave drops 

Didn't robster confirm Crave was the drag queen video?

1 hour ago, Bat-Fan said:

Didn't robster confirm Crave was the drag queen video?

He did. He also said it was produced by Mirwais. 

But there are rumors of a Mike Dean production. 

I think I’d rather trust Robster. 

13 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

He did. He also said it was produced by Mirwais. 

But there are rumors of a Mike Dean production. 

I think I’d rather trust Robster. 

it's not a rumor. it was confirmed in the press release.

5 minutes ago, alcermag said:

when she said that?

When they are walking the halls together. But I personally think she means I Rise cause she reads it off the hat

Crave's video is not going to drop at the same time as the single . I guess . 

Can't wait.  Love her visuals this era.

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

Rosie O’Donnell says the record is fan f$&king tastic! 

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

When they are walking the halls together. But I personally think she means I Rise cause she reads it off the hat

I finally got to see the video in question — very cute — and I tend to think Rosie means the album. She says “the record” — but I think she would have said “the song” if she just meant “I Rise” ... but then again, she could have meant Medellín since they started cha-cha-cha-ing...

Still, very few people say “record” to mean “song” anymore, unless people are talking about Grammy Record of the Year noms/awards. 

We’ll see if we hear any more from Rosie, I guess. 

48 minutes ago, peter said:

I finally got to see the video in question — very cute — and I tend to think Rosie means the album. She says “the record” — but I think she would have said “the song” if she just meant “I Rise” ... but then again, she could have meant Medellín since they started cha-cha-cha-ing...

Still, very few people say “record” to mean “song” anymore, unless people are talking about Grammy Record of the Year noms/awards. 

m still uses "record" to refer to song or single. rosie is from that same generation. i think she would have said "album" if she meant she'd heard the whole album. 

3 hours ago, peter said:

At the very beginning of the video you can hear Rosie say "Rise", followed by the compliment, she's obviously reffering to "I Rise"

17 hours ago, bardo said:

m still uses "record" to refer to song or single. rosie is from that same generation. i think she would have said "album" if she meant she'd heard the whole album. 

Yes, I know M uses “record” that way. And yes it is generational. I’m just saying, for me, contextually, it felt like she was talking about more than a song. I feel like even someone of Rosie’s generation might have just said “song” there if she meant only “I Rise.” But we won’t know and it doesn’t really matter.

14 hours ago, robster said:

At the very beginning of the video you can hear Rosie say "Rise", followed by the compliment, she's obviously reffering to "I Rise"

She says, “Oh yes, you rise! The new record is fan-f*cking...” and she never says “-tastic.” So, yes, she is invoking the lyric and title of “I Rise.” So I completely understand why everyone thinks I’m delusional. But I still think she would’ve just said “song” if she didn’t mean “album.”

ALSO:

Rosie says “hold on, papí” at the end, so ... :chuckle: I mean ... can we really analyze her word choice too deeply? Love her — she’s hysterical. (I’m not being critical! Just recognizing the limitations of this discussion.)

19 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Rosie has praised everything -- hard candy, rebel heart, etc.  The support is nice but doesn't mean much

GrizzledSolidHake-size_restricted.gif

Maybe that's also because there actually is something to praise/support about each of those projects....

12 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

Rosie has praised everything -- hard candy, rebel heart, etc.  The support is nice but doesn't mean much

It means that she is a good friend and that she is there to support her friend who works hard and has managed to stay on top for almost 40 years. I think that means something.

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Ciccone said:

Where's the interview?

Maybe check the GLAAD thread in the General Discussion section? I know I saw it somewhere already. It is posted to YouTube by the Today Show (NBC). There’s so much going on! Tough to keep up!!

22 hours ago, JayMac said:

Rosie O’Donnell says the record is fan f$&king tastic! 

Love loves this reaction. I can't wait. 

57 minutes ago, headonfire said:

It means that she is a good friend and that she is there to support her friend who works hard and has managed to stay on top for almost 40 years. I think that means something.

This!!!!

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

Both of those albums deserved praise.