Madame X: Album Discussion

Don't think they're holding their breath for singles' chart success , that's evident in the billboard article . Looks like they're focusing on getting her name on everyone's radar ( working already !) with a quality campaign , demonstrative of the body of work she's prepared . They want a big era and it looks like they're getting it . Fans , M fans and pop  aficionados in general , are getting the "Era experience " and LOVING it , with the roll - out revealing the work in greater detail , no fluff and over hyping . An old - school Madonna era for the virtual reality era . This way the album's gonna be big and loved , regardless of how the singles chart . With the billboard performance and Eurovision alone they have the tour sold .

I feel the impact's already here and it's only gonna get better from here :yes:

2 hours ago, Confessit said:

I agree.

Brilliant album campaign she finally hired in some decent blood!

Madame X will be a true era not just a flash in the pan.

Bring on Crave !!! 

This era is soooooooooooooo exciting since the beginning. The 4 years wait was worth it. :clap:

9 minutes ago, runa said:

This era is soooooooooooooo exciting since the beginning. The 4 years wait was worth it. :clap:

It’s so on point such a great time to be a Madonna fan.

9 hours ago, vertigokane said:

Inside Madonna's Ambitious 'Madame X' Album Campaign: Augmented Reality, Multiple Singles, Tour Prep and TikTok

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8509948/madonna-madame-x-album-campaign-rollout

This is a great read, and confirms a lot of the rumours that started to be initially circulated back in Jan/Feb.

Love how he presents the album as a cross-continent journey! Love the latin/anglophone market strategy too. Everything has been perfect so far.

2 hours ago, runa said:

Too busy with her schedule I guess ?

If she is doing 2 new songs in Eurovision as rumored and she practices like she usually does (2-3 weeks), no surprise she cancelled the Met Gala. 

On 5/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, Mensch said:

Ummm...so it’s looking more and more like a video album. That’s all I can say. Stay tuned...

:wow:

23 hours ago, Mensch said:

News: I heard M dropped out of the met gala 

I didn’t realize it was even a possibility for her this year!! Figured her schedule was too packed to spend an evening for only social reasons, even though it would have gotten her some publicity and more attention to the album being out soon. Just figured she has constant rehearsal and production meetings to deal with right now, plus edits to approve on videos, etc.

23 hours ago, Confessit said:

Ohh I thought an appearance at the MET is a dead cert she even does it when she has nothing to promote !

She hasn’t gone every year, though... There was a year she was available but said she didn’t have anything to wear because Anna Wintour didn’t approve her outfit. (It was the year she said she wanted to wear nothing but that kinesiology tape. (Then she did wear the tape with the sheer/lace black gown in a subsequent year ... a controversial gown.) Anyway, point being, she hasn’t always gone.

Random but strangely, I’m receiving conflicting reports. Crave wasn’t the “disco” video shot in LA...so now I’m confused by what that video could be...and considering the billboard article, it should be the next single but was the video shot? I’m certainly not piecing it all together!!! 😬😬😬

28 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Random but strangely, I’m receiving conflicting reports. Crave wasn’t the “disco” video shot in LA...so now I’m confused by what that video could be...and considering the billboard article, it should be the next single but was the video shot? I’m certainly not piecing it all together!!! 😬😬😬

Didn’t someone say that RuPaul said friends who participated in the LA shoot said the song might be “Crazy” or something like that ... Tricky part here is that “Crazy” is a song title, but “Crave” sounds a lot like that word, so ... who knows if someone misheard something (like telephone game)?

So we have the drag queens video (possibly in the trench coat with blonde hair?) still to appear aswell as the video with the black wig in the building in Lisbon (yellow fur scarf) & moonlight...we have the accordion player & the handmaiden look video?

On 5/3/2019 at 6:00 PM, Mensch said:

News: I heard M dropped out of the met gala 

oh yikes.  I was totally counting on her wearing Gucci or Moschino.  There's been talk that a lot of celebrities have declined invitations this year, apparently Rihanna won't be going either

1 minute ago, Lolasmommy said:

So we have the drag queens video (possibly in the trench coat with blonde hair?) still to appear aswell as the video with the black wig in the building in Lisbon (yellow fur scarf) & moonlight...we have the accordion player & the handmaiden look video?

Not 100% certain all of these “looks” are separate videos — and then again we also are not certain they are NOT separate, either.

All the looks in the album trailer may be used at some point ... but not sure if they will each have a video. Look at Medellín, for example — two looks (bride and cha cha instructor). I tend to think the album trailer was like behind the scenes video of her fittings and early “screen tests” — notice how that bride look has no eyepatch in the trailer (and the red glove might even be on the other arm/hand, but the image might be flipped, too).

The trenchcoat is not the LA video shoot, to my knowledge. She wore something sequined. She posted an IG photo from behind for that look — and she also posted a close-up of her “drip” — lots of necklaces (one with the lips pendant).

I love not knowing anything about the album beyond the two pre release songs so far!

I am curious as to how many songs she sings in another language. I would guess Faz Gustoso and possibly Batuka. Also I am curious to know which songs will be dance, which will be ballads and which will be experimental or uncategorizable.  

Also there are two tracks exclusive to the Target edition, entitled Extreme Occident and Looking For Mercy, and I wonder if these will flow with the rest of the album.

So many questions so few answers and I love that.  Like the old days.

2 minutes ago, tuckeye said:

and theres still a lot more promo to come i assume. like next month when the album drops. European promo.

wow!

That’s why if the Met Gala news is true (she’s not going) it’s easier to take. We have an avalanche coming anyway.

3 hours ago, Mensch said:

Someone posted somewhere it was likely KWAP, the vid & Eurovision would’ve panned out nicely but if Eurovision nixed the song then maybe the vid is on backburner for tour, Pride or later single 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

She should attend Met Gala...walk carpet...have a fashionably  e❌traordinary moment....(is easier to pull off then RebelHeart written across the dress....too obvious but necessary at the time considering leaks, sales, pending tour, poor management and PR) and then make a quick E❌IT!

Now that I think about it, she should absolutely attend this year ! Rihanna and Beyonce aren't said to be going and Gaga will be one of the first people to arrive - all she'll have to do is show up to steal the show

Guest eroticerotic

My guess is with Killers, Future, or Come Alive as the "drag Queen" video.

I'm thinking she pre filmed alot not just for the album but for the tour as evident with the Billboard performance and interview about it.

https://www.apnews.com/c1ba0f96fa7c42e9a019e27c563f0743

The album also features the track “Batuka,” co-written by Madonna’s 13-year-old son, David Banda.

“That was a family affair — the call and response song,” Madonna said. ”(David) likes to take more of the credit than the rest of my children. It’s always fun to work with my kids, especially David.”

I think I read somewhere a few months ago, when the first album listening was rumored, that Batuka was one of the most outstanding songs or one that people liked a lot. It could be just a rumor but it could also be true. Then we know she filmed a video with the batukadeiras at the beach, so this could be a single in the near future. What it's certain is that we will shake to its rythm.

2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

@Andra remember in the Instagram thread you talked about not wanting her kids on the album? Well no vocals from them but King David co-wrote one of the songs! :lol:

It's ok I guess, as long as their vocals are not on her album!

We all know what kind of dance batuka is. Maybe he just came with the idea of some rythm and played drums and that's all. We don't know what is his contribution to the songwriting.

4 hours ago, eroticerotic said:

My guess is with Killers, Future, or Come Alive as the "drag Queen" video.

I'm thinking she pre filmed alot not just for the album but for the tour as evident with the Billboard performance and interview about it.

Yeah, I’m almost 100% that it’s NOT Crave. We'll probably Know by Friday when crave drops