Madame X: Album Discussion

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

"Wonderful, precious and catchy" are some of the things I've heard about the song. It definitely seems to me like single material and a future fan favourite (and it was remarked as a highlight of the album in the official store; even there's a 7'' vinyl), but I don't know if it's the song from the L.A. video back in February. 

Where have you heard these things about it ? 

One question is will there be a  second single with a video soon. Will she perform another song at Eurovision?

Is the two single strategy true or still a rumour?

3 minutes ago, Jim34 said:

One question is will there be a  second single with a video soon. Will she perform another song at Eurovision?

Is the two single strategy true or still a rumour?

It's a rumour still at this stage but we have another 7 weeks to go until the album is dropped and she has already filmed another music video.

If she wasn't releasing a 2nd single the album would be released sooner I think plus 2 singles before an album is standard now.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Where have you heard these things about it ? 

It comes from someone who has already listened to it, legally. He's trusty and I believe him.

I haven't listened to anything besides Medellin (like 300 times). 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

It comes from someone who has already listened to it, legally. He's trusty and I believe him.

I haven't listened to anything besides Medellin (like 300 times). 

do you happen to know the genre or style of the song? if there's a M song they can compare it to.. if it's very Mirwais? 

11 minutes ago, Nikki said:

do you happen to know the genre or style of the song? if there's a M song they can compare it to.. if it's very Mirwais? 

I think it's not written by him but it may be produced by him. I can't say much and I don't want to spoil anything to anyone. And I haven't listened to the song yet, obviously.

25 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I think it's not written by him but it may be produced by him. I can't say much and I don't want to spoil anything to anyone. And I haven't listened to the song yet, obviously.

If you’re not gonna talk about it, why say that you know about it?

29 minutes ago, rebelheart said:

The video she shot in the LA theatre was for "Killers Who Are Partying", not "I Rise". 

I’m prone to say that’s true. The guy who showed me the clip, came back to my job and showed it to me again!!! I heard it but it was hard to tell what it sounded like cause people were giving her direction and screaming over the song...I did here her voice and could hear a little of the video but can’t describe it. 

I did notice more details...a guy behind her in all brown with a small Afro...and the choreography was longer than I remembered. Very cool. She looked beautiful

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

I’m prone to say that’s true. The guy who showed me the clip, came back to my job and showed it to me again!!! I heard it but it was hard to tell what it sounded like cause people were giving her direction and screaming over the song...I did here her voice and could hear a little of the video but can’t describe it. 

I did notice more details...a guy behind her in all brown with a small Afro...and the choreography was longer than I remembered. Very cool. She looked beautiful

Your tidbits are exciting Mensch ! Keep them coming :laugh:

does anyone have the image showing the dates that the others songs would be released in the next few weeks? i accidentally deleted it from my computer and can't find it here anymore.

Guest eroticerotic

My Columbian Co-Worker: "I don't like that "cha cha cha" part. Cha Cha Is Cuban I don't understand it"

Minutes, Hours, Days Later, on Several Ocassions : sings "1,2 cha-cha-cha" :lol:

On 4/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, metalissimo said:

Which other acts will release albums on June 14? Not Taylor Swift or Rihanna right? Im really hoping Madame X will debut at no 1 on Billboard 200 albums chart and become her 9th no 1 album. 

Springsteen apparently

1 hour ago, ITG said:

I Rise is available May 3

Crave is available May 10

Allegedly.

I find this weird because right now she’s in full mode promoting Medellin and also the performance, for then to release ‘I Rise’ next Friday? It could take some attention from Medellin, but I guess that the main point is to generate conversation about the era/album, maybe they should hold that one for May 10.

1 minute ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I find this weird because right now she’s in full mode promoting Medellin and also the performance, for then to release ‘I Rise’ next Friday? It could take some attention from Medellin, but I guess that the main point is to generate conversation about the era/album, maybe they should hold that one for May 10.

I think it's random too.

Generally most artists release/make available each track from the album in order before full release?

4 minutes ago, ITG said:

I think it's random too.

Generally most artists release/make available each track from the album in order before full release?

It could happen too, Xtina released her first lead single on May 3rd, then another song on May 11, another on May 16 and the last on June 7, the album came out in June 14; but that was in a the lapse of 6 weeks, Medellin-Madame X is 8 weeks and 5 songs? 

Do you think that something went wrong with her eye and that’s how this eye patch came to be. Like droopy eye from Botox that’s very common. I actually love the patch and think it’s brilliant how she’s using it. 

8 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Do you think that something went wrong with her eye and that’s how this eye patch came to be. Like droopy eye from Botox that’s very common.

No.

12 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Do you think that something went wrong with her eye and that’s how this eye patch came to be. Like droopy eye from Botox that’s very common. I actually love the patch and think it’s brilliant how she’s using it. 

NO.

14 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Of course not. It’s the new gold tooth and it looks super cool. 

5 hours ago, Mensch said:

Thanks Mensch 🤩

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

look at her IG boomerang, where she's putting on mascara- both eyes look beautiful

20 minutes ago, Rugbyguy said:

There’s been plenty of pics recently where you can see both eyes and they look splendid

Listen to Rugbyguy, he knows his stuff. 😉

I think at least one of the 4 pre-release tracks will be the official second single with a legitimate campaign. There's no way Madame X will be released on the back of Medellin, the only real single released 2 months prior. It also makes sense with the information we heard about two almost-simultaneous single releases to appeal to different markets.

I'm personally quite happy for her to move on from Medellin after the BBMAs performance. The plan they have (pre-release tracks) seems to be more about creating a buzz and exposure for the album rather than chasing a good chart position for the lead single. With Medellin, the Quavo feature and the disco track - she's targetting 3 vastly different demographics already.

Obviously it's just assumptions but I think the disco track will be her chance at a big hit. I hope she doesn't waste the Eurovision exposure on Medellin (as much as I love it)

7 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

I think at least one of the 4 pre-release tracks will be the official second single with a legitimate campaign. There's no way Madame X will be released on the back of Medellin, the only real single released 2 months prior. It also makes sense with the information we heard about two almost-simultaneous single releases to appeal to different markets.

I'm personally quite happy for her to move on from Medellin after the BBMAs performance. The plan they have (pre-release tracks) seems to be more about creating a buzz and exposure for the album rather than chasing a good chart position for the lead single. With Medellin, the Quavo feature and the disco track - she's targetting 3 vastly different demographics already.

Obviously it's just assumptions but I think the disco track will be her chance at a big hit. I hope she doesn't waste the Eurovision exposure on Medellin (as much as I love it)

"The disco track" doesnt have any features or duets right? Will a solo Madonna track generate radio play and streams better? Right now Medellin is getting huge streaming every night from the Latin countries..