Madame X: Album Discussion

Just now, Andra said:

Where is Killers Who Are Partying, the supposed single she was performing at Eurovision?

I think the song is i rise now. 

It is described in the press release as an anthem.

5 minutes ago, robster said:

update from MTribe, this info can be found on iTunes apparently:

According to , several songs off Madonna's upcoming album will be released in the coming weeks:

* I Rise (May 3),

* Crave feat. Swae Lee (May 10),

* Future feat. Quavo (May 17)

* Dark Ballet (June 7)

Sounds possible.

A lot of artists are now releasing songs (sometimes up to half their album) every so often until the official release date (even if they're not officially singles).

So doing something like this isn't out of the ordinary now.

Just now, Andra said:

Ok awesome!!

I RISE sounds like it fits with the theme that leaked from the video, all people coming together the queens.

Plus it's 2 weeks before the Eurovision, I think they'll be a similar pattern to it as we have with Medlin, drop the song week later big reveal of video and then the epic performance.

think we will get 2 big videos classically promoted singles in Medlin and I RISE, and the other feature songs will be buzzes online to build momentoum for Madame X. 

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I RISE sounds like it fits with the theme that leaked from the video, all people coming together the queens.

Plus it's 2 weeks before the Eurovision, I think they'll be a similar pattern to it as we have with Medlin, drop the song week later big reveal of video and then the epic performance.

think we will get 2 big videos classically promoted singles in Medlin and I RISE, and the other feature songs will be buzzes online to build momentoum for Madame X. 

I agree. "I rise" has probably the political message that created problems with the ESC?

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I agree. "I rise" has probably the political message that ceated problems with the ESC?

I doubt there's problems and I doubt she will make an obvious political message in her performance but it makes sense this is the song for the European market to eat up.

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Sounds perfect! Yaaass!!!!!

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I agree. "I rise" has probably the political message that created problems with the ESC?

I think it's going to be a feminist statement inspired by Maya .

Since she was filming for 3 months there is still the potential of a visual album.

Seeing how she is releasing various singles in advance can you imagine if they are like little “episodes” of the Madame X narrative out of order, then eventually she releases the whole “album movie” from start to finish which then all makes since i a linear way. Kind of like how the Death of Gianni Versace was told in a non linear way.

Also does anyone know why Maluma was in Morocco for like 5 days saying he was working and that it was an amazing experience but all his social media just showed him lounging in his hotel. Have there been M sightings the last few days at all since last seen in London?

13 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

Seeing how she is releasing various singles in advance can you imagine if they are like little “episodes” of the Madame X narrative out of order, then eventually she releases the whole “album movie” from start to finish which then all makes since i a linear way. Kind of like how the Death of Gianni Versace was told in a non linear way.

I also think there will be a fil rouge in the videos. 🙂

16 minutes ago, flexy said:

I think it's going to be a feminist statement inspired by Maya .

Maya?

The other songs aren’t “singles”. This is how albums are rolled out nowadays. Multiple songs become available for download leading up to the release date to create excitement and give potential purchasers a preview of the album’s sound. 

1 minute ago, Shaun said:

The other songs aren’t “singles”. This is how albums are rolled out nowadays. Multiple songs become available for download leading up to the release date to create excitement and give potential purchasers a preview of the album’s sound. 

I think at least 1 of them will serve as a traditional single with a video and performances. I think it will be I Rise.

Can we say that if there is a video then the song will  be classified as a single?

1 minute ago, insilico said:

Having a new M song almost every week, possibly even with visuals, sounds like a dream

With music videos and appearances at events mixed in. I took a pill and had a dream indeed!

Just now, rekha said:

Can we say that if there is a video then the song will  be classified as a single?

I think it's much more how the song is served for example I doubt all of the songs will be sent to radio for example.

38 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

From the date alone and the supposed message, the empowering spirit and all, I expect it to be for the Glaaad Awards. 

56 minutes ago, robster said:

update from MTribe, this info can be found on iTunes apparently:

According to , several songs off Madonna's upcoming album will be released in the coming weeks:

* I Rise (May 3),

* Crave feat. Swae Lee (May 10),

* Future feat. Quavo (May 17)

* Dark Ballet (June 7)

Ok so, I’m asking now 

is I Rise to coincide with Glaaad Awards

and Future for ESC (it’s on the 18th)...

??Thoughts??

54 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Sounds possible.

A lot of artists are now releasing songs (sometimes up to half their album) every so often until the official release date (even if they're not officially singles).

So doing something like this isn't out of the ordinary now.

I think I rise will be the second actual single with a video, the other songs are buzz singles and the 3rd actual single will be Batuka, after the album is released

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

Ok so, I’m asking now 

is I Rise to coincide with Glaaad Awards

and Future for ESC (it’s on the 18th)...

??Thoughts??

Is she perfoming at the Glaaad Awards?

4 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Is she perfoming at the Glaaad Awards?

We don’t know but I expect her to be there because they’re handing her their most prestigious award. Then why not even perform? 

1 minute ago, Lolo said:

We don’t know but I expect her to be there because they’re handing her their most prestigious award. Then why not even perform? 

I see.