Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

26 minutes ago, ffggg8526 said:

does that means the majority of people who bought the tickets didn't redeem the cds?

15 dates at the london palladium (2286 seats according to wiki) should have a maximum of 34290 tickets 

This CD thing free with a ticket is only for the American market..

28 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

They're great and another week that would have guaranteed a number 1. RH had similar figures on the first update back in 2015 so I'd say this is a fantastic result for her. We should be proud.

At the end of the day sales really matter, not peaks. It sucks that she won't be number one but through her career there's always some shit blocking her. So, It's not the end of the world.

Bruce is HUGE at the moment in most Euro charts.

Bruce will beat her in UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway..maybe even Italy

They picked the wrong release week

does that mean she sold 20k so far already? that's good. bruce is getting a lot of hype for making a new album again. his last was a covers album.

also, madonna should perform (if she's insecure, pre tape it or do easier songs, idk?)

im sure the interview today will be fine, but interviews on graham Norton somehow never translate well. wouldve been better if she just performed a song

8 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

And what about the audience thing with Norton? 

I really don’t know what the hell that was about. The most pointless promo one can imagine. No singing, no tv recording, nothing. 

With all those formats? I wonder if the web store numbers have been taken in to account?

2 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

I really don’t know what the hell that was about. The most pointless promo one can imagine. No singing, no tv recording, nothing. 

yeah and we don't even know anything of the q and a

50 minutes ago, Mr Ciccone said:

Bruce: 36511

Madonna: 20621

Wow, if the US predictions hold, Bruce will sell more in the UK than in the US. Personally, I am happy with the no 2 and the 20K sales, it was clear that her chances in the UK were slim and I was prepared for the worst. I hope she gets the no 1 in the US and worldwide.

For comparison:

Albums released in 2019 that have sold 20k+ in the first 3 days of release:

55.6k Lewis Capaldi
36.5k Bruce Springsteen
31.3k Ariana Grande
30.9k P!nk
25.3k Billie Eilish
24.6k Tom Walker
20.6k Madonna
20.4k Jack Savoretti

So her sales are not such a disaster in comparison.... UK album sales truly are the pits though!!!

1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Absolutely . This has to go down as the most pointless exercise opportunity ever . I was being sarcastic initially saying “so Madonna is arranging a ticketed event in a London theatre just for the hell of it “ and that’s exactly what she did . Like it beggars belief ??! It made ZERO sense 

2 hours ago, stevo208 said:

They're great and another week that would have guaranteed a number 1. RH had similar figures on the first update back in 2015 so I'd say this is a fantastic result for her. We should be proud.

Interesting, thank you

28 minutes ago, Mr Ciccone said:

For comparison:

55.6k Lewis Capaldi
36.5k Bruce Springsteen
31.3k Ariana Grande
30.9k P!nk
25.3k Billie Eilish
24.6k Tom Walker
20.6k Madonna
20.4k Jack Savoretti

So her sales are not such a disaster in comparison.... UK album sales truly are the pits though!!!

👍

27 minutes ago, elijah said:

I never thought I d see the day when M is more popular in USA than UK. Well it seems that day has already come.

Bedtime Stories era says hi.

3 hours ago, Mr Ciccone said:

For comparison:

55.6k Lewis Capaldi
36.5k Bruce Springsteen
31.3k Ariana Grande
30.9k P!nk
25.3k Billie Eilish
24.6k Tom Walker
20.6k Madonna
20.4k Jack Savoretti

Pink selling 10k more than M? And most of those other acts are some of the most bland, formulaic X-factor wailing shit that will be forgotten about in five years.🙄

Why do I have a feeling her team has somehow fucked up and all the orders from her official store are not counted ? I just have an awful 'feeling'. Call it intuition.

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

Why do I have a feeling her team has somehow fucked up and all the orders from her official store are not counted ? I just have an awful 'feeling'. Call it intuition.

Maybe those official store figures haven't been provided yet but will be by Friday? I'm hoping this is the case anyway.

2 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Maybe those official store figures haven't been provided yet but will be by Friday? I'm hoping this is the case anyway.

Or maybe those pressings are all jancelled given that we haven't received any of them yet. 

I don't know. 

I mean, I thought some of them came with mp3 downloads - they haven't even sent those links out! If they had, I'm sure we could have 'claimed' / downloaded them and would have known for sure that they're counted. 

Oh well, let's hope she stays at No. 2 come Friday and doesn't fall behind Bastille.

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

Or maybe those pressings are all jancelled given that we haven't received any of them yet. 

I don't know. 

I mean, I thought some of them came with mp3 downloads - they haven't even sent those links out! If they had, I'm sure we could have 'claimed' / downloaded them and would have known for sure that they're counted. 

Oh well, let's hope she stays at No. 2 come Friday and doesn't fall behind Bastille.

I got an email from her store on Friday to say there was a delay with dispatch due to an issue with customs, and they sent the download link. My brother received his clear vinyl today, so hopefully we all will by Thursday and these figures will give the album a boost.

Omfg so she may be 'bigger' in the US (better shot at #1) than *UK/Europe!?! What the actual fuq. Joking...kind of? 😕Yup..not at ALL surprised this is happening her dopey 1998 era 'savvy' team (not every one but seems it's the 'same' group or is it mainly her record company) who keep botching her up! Album sales are dire and on almost ANY week she still had #s (in this market) to do a full worldwide #1 sweep (achem...like *Warner used to give her)! Sorry..but I knew Springsteen would be big trouble! 

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

That was my first thought when I saw the figures! 😕 A lot of sales seem to have not been shipped yet from the Madonna store. 

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Bruce is HUGE at the moment in most Euro charts.

Bruce will beat her in UK, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway..maybe even Italy

They picked the wrong release week

I had no idea Europe gave a fuck about Bruce Springsteen. That's so bizarre.

2 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I had no idea Europe gave a fuck about Bruce Springsteen. That's so bizarre.

I wouldn't be surprised if many bought his album to stop M from getting to #1. lol

Bet there'll be a lot of refunds at the end of the week. :lol:

Never thought we'll see the day when Bruce Springsteen is a threat to M. And to tell you the truth, I am sure that most of the M big haters are buying 1 copy or streaming Springsteen album to block M. 

Just now, Crux said:

I wouldn't be surprised if many bought his album to stop M from getting to #1. lol

Bet there'll be a lot of refunds at the end of the week. :lol:

Yep, call me crazy but that's what I thought, as well. 

Just now, zephyralexxx said:

Never thought we'll see the day when Bruce Springsteen is a threat to M. And to tell you the truth, I am sure that most of the M big haters are buying 1 copy or streaming Springsteen album to block M. 

Completely agree.