Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

13 minutes ago, give-it-2me said:

Has anyone been into HMV to preorder the special copy of the album? considering they have an exclusive edition of one a next weeks biggest releases I couldn't find any  mention of it in my local store or on the HMV website.  

Yeah I did it. The cashier didn't know anything about it. But I pre ordered 

9 hours ago, iasonas said:

So, what's the second single in the UK and in the rest of the world outside of the US for that matter?

In my home country Greece where I was for the past 2 weeks once again it is like she doesn't even exist. The same thing that happened with MDNA and Rebel Heart.

Keep in mind that Celebration spent 9 weeks at No1 on the Greek Airplay Chart. How could one go from having a 9 week No1 hit to nothing overnight? The power of Warner... She used to have a very dedicated Greek team at the local Warner offices. Now no one does anything to push her music.

Warner Greece does not exist any more. They closed shop some years ago.

On UK mix there's a few people speculating this may miss the UK top 5 as she's 8th on iTunes pre orders for all albums released on 14th (Bastille are 1, Bruce 3) 

Also, she has like a million editions, but non of them are particularly high on Amazon pre orders and certainly Bastille and Bruce are higher there too. I'm not saying this to be negative as I genuinely hope she can pull this out of the bag, but I've said from day one that I do think this will land at #3 in the UK and I'm happy with that. Even more so if it's the masterpiece it's been hyped as. I mean, Erotica is her dark masterpiece for me, and that settled for #2 back in 1992.

The fact we even discuss which position in the top 5 for EVERY album 40 years into a career is testament to her success 😍😍

6 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

On UK mix there's a few people speculating this may miss the UK top 5 as she's 8th on iTunes pre orders for all albums released on 14th (Bastille are 1, Bruce 3) 

Also, she has like a million editions, but non of them are particularly high on Amazon pre orders and certainly Bastille and Bruce are higher there too. I'm not saying this to be negative as I genuinely hope she can pull this out of the bag, but I've said from day one that I do think this will land at #3 in the UK and I'm happy with that. Even more so if it's the masterpiece it's been hyped as. I mean, Erotica is her dark masterpiece for me, and that settled for #2 back in 1992.

If GP would know how catchy songs are there they would rush to buy it in millions

But all they know is Esc and perhaps heard Medellin on Radio 2

Hopefully the Graham Norton stuff will help. Although to be honest I doubt I will care where it ends up once it’s out. Her lack of success in the UK nowadays is sad to see but what can we expect when radio stations (apart from radio 2 which have been pretty good I suppose) don’t touch her? Eurovision also did a number on her general reputation but that’s been discussed to death too, so. 

8 minutes ago, Disintegration said:

Hopefully the Graham Norton stuff will help. Although to be honest I doubt I will care where it ends up once it’s out. Her lack of success in the UK nowadays is sad to see but what can we expect when radio stations (apart from radio 2 which have been pretty good I suppose) don’t touch her? Eurovision also did a number on her general reputation but that’s been discussed to death too, so. 

Any other promo in the UK on release week besides Graham bagel?

5 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

She will have sold a lot of units through her official store. I've not bought anything from UK Amazon. I hope the units count from the store.

Yes, I do think so too.

I bought the white vinyl from her store, because it wasn't available on UK Amazon.

I ordered white vinyl from her store, I’ll be getting HMV exclusive CD from HMV.

Rainbow LP and Box Set from Amazon UK.

Oh and blue vinyl from the US.

9 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Any other promo in the UK on release week besides Graham bagel?

I don’t think there’s been any announced. Hopefully she’ll be back around to promote the third single (god control?) at least if she doesn’t do anything more on release week. 

You know what the saddest part is?

Bastille's album is released by Universal too.

It's like they are trying to sabotage her. They couldn't care less about her legacy and chart achievements. We have seen that clearly for a whole decade now.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:43 PM, stevo208 said:

What's most important is that it's a amazing album even if might not chart as high as we hope in some territories.

Guess we should think positively and wait and see what happens.

My fear is dissipating now as a former chart obsessed Madonna fan I was so caught up with her being No.1 everywhere like she has been for over 30 years so now since this whole last month has been low sales speculating , no chart placements for singles , below the “competition” in every iTunes pre sales counts I’m gonna “try” be happy with a top 5 in the uk and us .  A month or so ago I couldn’t even write this but it’s sinking in now and it’s actually ok . 

I’m just really enjoying the acclaim the album is getting ( probably her best in 20 years) the slow but sure presence on streaming and the small steps in billboard with crave and Medellin . Last but not least the music , I’m so excited to hear it , blare it , share it ,so my doom and gloom over charts is slowly reailising . I’m also hopeful of a positive few weeks ahead with the interviews etc . She deserves a break from the hating . Anything here on now will be a bonus. 

Edited by RyanAnth4

On 6/10/2019 at 5:30 AM, Disintegration said:

I don’t think there’s been any announced. Hopefully she’ll be back around to promote the third single (god control?) at least if she doesn’t do anything more on release week. 

That's my hope, but at least I'm pretty much happy with the album songs. 

And OMG, you're so cute, please post more

1 hour ago, lautert said:

That's my hope, but at least I'm pretty much happy with the album songs. 

And OMG, you're so cute, please post more

I'd rather have a good album that misses the top than an average one that gets it. (I haven't heard it yet) At least Graham Norton show on Friday and maybe the Evening with Madonna will be televised at some point.

It will obviously be disappointing but she does have some stiff competition. And anyway will Bastille's album be remembered in 50 years, like Madonna's will as part of her illustrious legacy? Doubt it. :queenbitch:

And thanks hehe