Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Guy in my team just said “no different to when I’m watching Football and the team don’t perform and everyone kickS off about it “

queen of headlines  

12 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

A stripped down, non-theatrical performance that focuses on live vocals would fix all the negativity. 

Unfortunately that's not even credible anymore, after editing the vocals of a live performance.

Anyone can say now that she did it again. 

Such a bad decision, honestly... 

10 hours ago, Messiah said:

Unfortunately that's not even credible anymore, after editing the vocals of a live performance.

Anyone can say now that she did it again. 

Such a bad decision, honestly... 

I understand what you mean, but let's not let the negativity get to us. She would be dragged having edited the vocals or not. People that hate her can find malice in everything she does. We have seen that many times before, and will continue to see for the years to come.

Knowing Madonna as we all do, she more than anyone must have been truly disappointed with how things worked out, so no need to keep dragging her down anymore. I think it's just time to move on and enjoy all the amazing things still to come.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:20 AM, Kim said:

I already tuned out the social media stuff but the fact it's still coming through other channels indicates how big it is. Not to mention the first ever incidence of my personal circle being (respectfully) critical.

Lovely post Jazzy ❤️

Anyway, a poster earlier who appears to be in the know indicated there are big things afoot for UK promo so we can look forward to that!

I guess things will get locked down soon. They did a listening party for TV people today. 

On 5/21/2019 at 1:06 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

It is painful for us to witness this backlash again.  We all know how incredible Madonna is as a performer.  We know what a beautiful wonderful entertainer she is and how lovely her voice it.  Seen it all the time.  I adore her as a singer and entertainer and her music has given me life so to speak since her first album and single. I don't live in the UK but as soon as I heard those vocals in Like a Prayer that for whatever reason were out of tune,  I felt so frightened for her.  Sounds dramatic - yeah I know - but true.  This sounds dramatic too but wanted to cry for her.  To all of us,  Madonna is incredibly important,  why we are on this forum and why we love her so much. I was already upset over the Australian election result amongst other things and was thinking that I had this to cheer me up.  The negative reaction to her performance has only made me more depressed and as you both noted, the way that the truly vile haters are having a field day is horrific to all of us fans.  We know she will prevail and get over this ( she always does )  but I am not ashamed to admit that it hurts like hell. 

I don't know in Australia or UK but at least other media in Spain  have written articles shocked at how absurdly big was the fuss. I think the waters are more settled now. Damage is done and it's up to her now.

I'm sorry this affected you, Jan. In my case I have learned to separate myself from media coverage and I spent the weekend watching Bulgarian media. They weren't part of Eurovision this year so there was zero news about it :chuckle:

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I don't know in Australia or UK but at least other media in Spain  have written articles shocked at how absurdly big was the fuss. I think the waters are more settled now. Damage is done and it's up to her now.

I'm sorry this affected you, Jan. In my case I have learned to separate myself from media coverage and I spent the weekend watching Bulgarian media. They weren't part of Eurovision this year so there was zero news about it :chuckle:

Karbatal,  I was upset about it but have now moved on.   I think that is how most people are.   I say this all the time,  but the fact that we are passionate Madonna fans and we care about her so much is a compliment to Madonna. 

Now on with the new album and new video and tour.  We have a lot to look forward to. 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Karbatal,  I was upset about it but have now moved on.   I think that is how most people are.   I say this all the time,  but the fact that we are passionate Madonna fans and we care about her so much is a compliment to Madonna. 

Now on with the new album and new video and tour.  We have a lot to look forward to. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

7 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Well, Where the FUCK... Is Crave?

It must have a late "impact date" for radio, watch them add it closer to the album's release. :madgemanson:

12 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

same here. that´s why I always get so nervous in her TV performances, or even the night of the first show in her tours.

by the way, I love the fact that apparently some peole are saying it was eurovision itself who made something in her sound system to make her sound bad, because they knew she was going to do something polytical against israel (well, against war etc)

22 minutes ago, Joao said:

read on Twitter she's doing Graham Norton

Can't wait for that !!!! 

No doubt she will sing at least 2 songs for X.

1 hour ago, Joao said:

On whose Twitter did you see this ?

On Graham’s radio show this morning, his co-host said something like “tell me about Eurovision.....what happened with Madonna”?? to which he said nothing and then she said “oh she’s coming on show”.....he then cut to music. 

1 hour ago, luluthecat said:

On Graham’s radio show this morning, his co-host said something like “tell me about Eurovision.....what happened with Madonna”?? to which he said nothing and then she said “oh she’s coming on show”.....he then cut to music. 

I expect he knew before Eurovision as he didn't say anything other than the audience's muted response.

Great though. A lot of celebrities love Graham Norton because it's a fun show to be on.

not sure about graham Norton. I didn't forget the editing to make her seem more bitchy than she is. Jonathan ross is more loyal with M

I wouldn't be surprised if the people doing production of graham's show edited her voice to sound worse if she sings. I really wouldn't.

40 minutes ago, Nikki said:

not sure about graham Norton. I didn't forget the editing to make her seem more bitchy than she is. Jonathan ross is more loyal with M

I wouldn't be surprised if the people doing production of graham's show edited her voice to sound worse if she sings. I really wouldn't.

Yeah I'm not fussed on graham. I think he can be two faced

....personally I love Graham. Went to see the recording of her last appearance, she and him were absolutely hilarious.......hand on my heart I’ve still absolutely no idea as to why people found her “bitchy” she was really funny. Yet I found her recent Jonathan Ross appearance dull, I didn’t notice any chemistry between them 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if it’ll be just be a Madonna show or they’ll mix it up with some other guests? 

I think Graham will be fun. Maybe she will be on top form. Maybe they'll discuss Eurovision. Maybe she may share a couch.... (I hope not I love it allll about M)

10 hours ago, Joao said:

I'd rather she did Jonathon Ross, tbh. She seems to have more of a connection to him than Graham Norton - (who I cannot stand).

On 5/23/2019 at 6:17 AM, promise to try said:

some peole are saying it was Israeli government  itself who made something in her sound system to make her sound bad, because they knew she was going to do something polytical against israel (well, against war etc)

I've read a lot of books on Israel and this would not surprise me. 

Yeah Graham is funny and it should be ok, last time she didn’t perform so hopefully two songs, one ballad and one more uptempo.

And I’m surprised that Medellin is still listed, that helped to maintain the song on iTunes.