Madame X - - UK Chart/General Promo Discussion

Me too, Madonna deserves so much more success than she gains lately . Great news on A listed again plus it’s static at 31 iTunes for a week now , surely it won’t drop out of top 100 by Friday  will it ??

52 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

If Madame X misses the top spot to Bruce Fucking Springsteen I’ll be so pissed off.

Yeah but I'd be more pissed if she missed it to some stupid soundtrack like last time or to some "one off" that nobody will care about come the end of the year. 

I'm ok with the two legends duking it out for the top spot. I hope and believe she will edge him out though! Have to wonder though if the headlines will be as prevalent if she edges him out....we already know the narrative that will be written if he edges her out. 🙄

Bruce is a King though so can't be too mad at it.

14 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

It’s still on the a list...look above

I know but I saw a tweet of someone saying they actually play it a lot.

Unless M comes to the UK to promote in the next few weeks I can’t see Medellin going anywhere but she has gained a lot of positive press and people know she’s back.

I think the 2nd single on the back off the Eurovision will have a far better chance of becoming a hit here in the UK and indeed across Europe actually.

So exciting we are getting a 2nd instalment is Madame X in just a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

Unless M comes to the UK to promote in the next few weeks I can’t see Medellin going anywhere but she has gained a lot of positive press and people know she’s back.

I think the 2nd single on the back off the Eurovision will have a far better chance of becoming a hit here in the UK and indeed across Europe actually.

So exciting we are getting a 2nd instalment is Madame X in just a few weeks.

Medellin is done. It'll be out the Top 100 tomorrow, BUT as far as I'm concerned it was just a..er...buzz single. So onwards and upwards.

And I'm glad to hear Madge say in that Billboard interview that yes, she DOES care about charts and sales. Of course she does.

9 minutes ago, Kim said:

Medellin is done. It'll be out the Top 100 tomorrow, BUT as far as I'm concerned it was just a..er...buzz single. So onwards and upwards.

And I'm glad to hear Madge say in that Billboard interview that yes, she DOES care about charts and sales. Of course she does.

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

Guess I'll do it then -

UK - Out Top 100 (Scotland #48)

Ireland - Failed to chart (again)

Ffs I’m starting to think I’m the only Irish M fan left! 😂

Since the first single did not make any significant impact on the charts, let’s hope that she still will get some mileage out of it once the album drops and people buy or stream it in June and onwards. 

I did hear the song on German radio like once but the DJs did not really care for it and the station is not anti-M at all. 

A few days ago I checked the link that @stevo208 posted a few pages back that shows you what stations play what, and no commercial or local stations like Capital or Heart were playing it really. So while I'm happy Radio 2 gave it a shot, it just wasn't enough.

Now that we have it confirmed by that Maverick guy that they were basically targeting the latin market, then we should consider the next one the REAL first single (and I hope Radio 2 don't look at the performance or Medellin and then not give the new one a chance!)

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

A few days ago I checked the link that @stevo208 posted a few pages back that shows you what stations play what, and no commercial or local stations like Capital or Heart were playing it really. So while I'm happy Radio 2 gave it a shot, it just wasn't enough.

Now that we have it confirmed by that Maverick guy that they were basically targeting the latin market, then we should consider the next one the REAL first single (and I hope Radio 2 don't look at the performance or Medellin and then not give the new one a chance!)

I was thinking the same thing. But does Radio 2 play uptempo songs too? From RH they only played Ghosttown, right? Or did they give LFL a few spins as well?

13 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I was thinking the same thing. But does Radio 2 play uptempo songs too? From RH they only played Ghosttown, right? Or did they give LFL a few spins as well?

Well they put LFL on their C List for one week or something but that song was never gonna take off. They'll play uptempo on their daytime playlists but not straight out dance I don't think.

21 hours ago, AlanLongoria said:

Bastille is releasing on June 16th too. Both of their first week sales are veeery close... 

Her biggest competition is Bruce Springsteen, not Bastille.