Is #Magic officially the biggest TROLL of her career?

Over a year of hashtagging it in all her posts about new music, and the word is nowhere to be found -- not the album title, song title, anything. Unless it's buried somewhere in a lyric.

Methinks our girl learned her lesson after Rebel Heart and decided to remain intentionally vague about it. #Magic threw us all off the scent.

5 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

I think the concept of the album changed drastically at some point.

I don't think so. She said when Maluma contacted her she and Mirwais were thinking how they could marry that with Madame X. And Maluma was involved since almost the beginning, so I'm assuming Madame X was always the concept.

I think maybe it refers to them making #magic in the studio!

I feel like this album is going to be special. Seems like all the elements came together this time to make perfection.

But on a more down to earth level...lol....yeah, it's likely maybe it was a working title. Totally wouldn't blame her for trolling with a fake name to throw everyone off this time though.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I feel like this album is going to be special. Seems like all the elements came together this time to make perfection.

But on a more down to earth level...lol....yeah, it's likely maybe it was a working title. Totally wouldn't blame her for trolling with a fake name to throw everyone off this time though.

Yeah agreed. She was proud and excited about the music she was making so her and Mirwais were making #magic together. That’s what I reckon and it’s sweet. 

Maybe the original idea was a witches coven? I think the #magic was to do with making magic in the studio and that's all. We got #unapologeticbitch continually during RH and everyone thought this maybe the first single or album title

57 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

I don't think so. She said when Maluma contacted her she and Mirwais were thinking how they could marry that with Madame X. And Maluma was involved since almost the beginning, so I'm assuming Madame X was always the concept.

This

1 hour ago, Mat.Guy said:

And Maluma was involved since almost the beginning, so I'm assuming Madame X was always the concept.

Didn’t she say they met at the VMAs which was in late August? By that time she had already been in the studio for at least 5 months. 

2 hours ago, svperstar said:

Over a year of hashtagging it in all her posts about new music, and the word is nowhere to be found -- not the album title, song title, anything. Unless it's buried somewhere in a lyric.

Methinks our girl learned her lesson after Rebel Heart and decided to remain intentionally vague about it. #Magic threw us all off the scent.

Madonna wanted to create magic and it was obviously an inspiration for the album. I don't think she considered it as an album title, so #magic wasn't trolling but a hint how she felt about the project and what we can expect.

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

You are right. The first time she was asked about what it was like working with Mirwais , she said it was magical......they created magic together. I've tried looking for the show but it's nowhere.😳

1 hour ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Didn’t she say they met at the VMAs which was in late August? By that time she had already been in the studio for at least 5 months. 

But at that time they already had the concept. And she stayed on studio for a lot more after it...

Yeah you really have to give it to her for using that hashtag to prevent leaks if that's the case. I'll be curious if it comes up for something else in the future. 

Guest eroticerotic

I always thought it was such a strange thing to see given I sent her demos (Maiden Voyage and Like A Vision - you can hear LAV clips on my IG if you are curious)  and told her in my message that I'm working on an album tentatively called Looking For Magic (at the time). 

When she kept hash tagging magic I was telling friends and colleagues about that, they all thought it was a not so strange coincidence too lol

It was a strange place to be in! LOL luckily i've been vocal and actively posting about the progression of my album off and on line since I started working on it back in late 2017 that it didn't seem far fetched to assume something was seen/heard haha.

But who knows. One thing I do know is that Madonna knows who her true fans are :). Anyway it Was a fun little tease! 🙂

2 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Longer than that she was pictured in the studio in January last year with starrah and Billboard. So at least 7 months of work in and out the studio took place on the album before Maluma got anywhere near it.

The Maluma and Anita additions to the album look Ike they took place in the final few months.

Does Starah get any writing credits anywhere because I've not seen any unless I've missed them?

maybe it was the original title or working title. I liked it because its one word 2 syllables and the theme of magic hasnt been done by her 

but Madam X is growing on me, like the new song, i feel shes got a clear direction and persona ---i just cant stand the eye patch and cowboy veil

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Longer than that she was pictured in the studio in January last year with starrah and Billboard. So at least 7 months of work in and out the studio took place on the album before Maluma got anywhere near it.

The Maluma and Anita additions to the album look Ike they took place in the final few months.

Does Starah get any writing credits anywhere because I've not seen any unless I've missed them?

Yeah you are right, it was actually January we first heard about her entering the studio. 

Starah got writing credits for six songs if I read wiki correctly. Her real name is Brittany Talia Hazzard.

1 minute ago, Cyber-Raga said:

Yeah you are right, it was actually January we first heard about her entering the studio. 

Starah got writing credits for six songs if I read wiki correctly. Her real name is Brittany Talia Hazzard.

Oh interesting indeed! 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
3 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

This is my thought!  I'm sure she knew it would throw fans off.  So I'm sure she used it to her advantage as well.

2 hours ago, Plaything said:

I kind of liked Magic because it is simple and to the point (like ‚Music‘)

I liked it too, and wouldn’t have minded it being the title. But I don’t think she trolled anyone about Magic. She never said it was going to be the title. We just assumed that. Madame X wasn’t mentioned until she was ready to announce it.