Madame X Cover Art Discussion

Just noticed in Arianne Phillips’ Instagram, when she posted the album cover, she tagged Giovanni Bianco ... hmm ...

Weren’t we wondering whether he was involved this go-round?

8 hours ago, mtsanis said:

As a creative director who works with global and national brands that connect with youth culture, i can tell you that everything she's doing is aligned with (and even elevating) what's new and relevant in graphic design. she's making no mistakes here.

Oh ok then 😂

IMG-20190419-014911-jpg-097b4242a6b6355a

Really like the poster with the blonde hair. I feel like it's quite subversive and confronting. Almost like she's a leader for a political revolution or something. The blonde hair/deluxe cover is still my favorite too. I might have to get the vinyl just for the cover.

24 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Madame X album cover is a masterpiece!

The photo art is awesome but fonts and design are questionable. Madonna seems to like that amateurish touch by stan fans  like Aldo Diaz. Maybe she is completely right with it and it connects her with a younger audience who has different taste levels.

9 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The photo art is awesome but fonts and design are questionable. Madonna seems to like that amateurish touch by stan fans  like Aldo Diaz. Maybe she is completely right with it and it connects her with a younger audience who has different taste levels.

No.

On 4/19/2019 at 5:49 AM, mtsanis said:

As a creative director who works with global and national brands that connect with youth culture, i can tell you that everything she's doing is aligned with (and even elevating) what's new and relevant in graphic design. she's making no mistakes here.

THIS.

19 hours ago, Shaun said:

Super Deluxe in higher quality:

382FE57D-9A04-45F5-8B36-5E8627FF6401.jpeg

Love this cover.

Not basic at all. Love the colors of that patterned background, the black dress, and the red guitar. The lighting. The classic hiding of face with only Madonna eyes piercing into your soul. And the black hair!!!

And she's posing with an instrument. Finally.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

I love the Portuguese azulejos (the patterned blue tiles) reference in the Super Deluxe cover. 

Really like all the covers, but the Deluxe cover is my favourite. It's timeless, dramatic and, simply a beautiful image 😍

24 minutes ago, Gus said:

Has this been posted? I thought the deluxe back cover was the crotch shot...

If you think this is real then your need to check yoself. It's completely fake and has the songwriters on the back with massive logos and not even the right copyright info. 🤪

Hey Everyone,

Wondering if there has been any visual reference to this Madame X:

image.png

Or if there ever will be - not compulsory of course.

John Singer Sargent's portrait of Virginie Amelie Avegno Gautreau, 1884. At The Met, if anyone is interested.

By the way, so far I am liking what I am seeing. Good vibes this era.

Ciao

On 4/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, pjcowley said:

Hey Everyone,

Wondering if there has been any visual reference to this Madame X:

image.png

Or if there ever will be - not compulsory of course.

John Singer Sargent's portrait of Virginie Amelie Avegno Gautreau, 1884. At The Met, if anyone is interested.

By the way, so far I am liking what I am seeing. Good vibes this era.

Ciao

I brought that same topic up recently. Wanting that to be the album cover. Hoping an homage shows up in the album booklet at least. Madonna has to be aware of the famous painting given her love of art.