Madame X Cover Art Discussion

The previous thread was closed amidst the excitement of the Medellín premiere. Let's continue our discussion of the stunning album art Madonna is serving us for Madame X. What do you think? Which cover do you prefer? Is the deluxe a nod to Rosie the Riveter? Is it a Baroque-style masterpiece? Is the standard cover Madonna's tribute to Frida Kahlo, with her name strategically placed between the brows? And who else is in love with the third cover, with its mysterious turquoise overtone?

Discuss! How does the Madame X art stack up to her previous album visuals?

Madame X - Deluxe.jpg

Madame X - Standard.jpg

Madame X - Super Deluxe.jpg

54 minutes ago, Shaun said:

The previous thread was closed amidst the excitement of the Medellín premiere. Let's continue our discussion of the stunning album art Madonna is serving us for Madame X. What do you think? Which cover do you prefer? Is the deluxe a nod to Rosie the Riveter? Is it a Baroque-style masterpiece? Is the standard cover Madonna's tribute to Frida Kahlo, with her name strategically placed between the brows? And who else is in love with the third cover, with its mysterious turquoise overtone?

Discuss! How does the Madame X art stack up to her previous album visuals?

Madame X - Deluxe.jpg

Madame X - Standard.jpg

Madame X - Super Deluxe.jpg

I love them all but my only bugbear is the inconsistency in the design. The Deluxe and hardback correlate with the Madame X typography, the standard version is the one I have a problem with. Some are saying the placement of her name is a nod to Frida but it just looks terrible. This version would have looked great without her name or at least to have used the Madame X font to show that versions are linked. It's a cheap font, badly placed and is a bad choice for the standard which will be widely available in the UK in supermarkets where most people buy CDs.  This happened with Rebel Heart, it was widely promoted with the wire visual then the version available was the tattoo "nice version".

If it was me the Frida version would have been a vinyl only release. I would have the blonde version as both standard and deluxe with a slight difference in design. The Hardback Deluxe is great the way it is.

IMG_20190417_211038_327.jpg

This version is just perfect

Screenshot_20190418_114923.jpg

Obviously I don't have the Madame X font but using that one would have been better in my opinion

I couldn't pic a favourite because I love them all, they are all stunning.

I just wished that the standard one was a bit less zoomed in on her face to keep the same proportion as the deluxe one, but other than that, they are perfect

Thanks for starting this thread. I just love them all but I am really liking the blonde long hair version the most. I love the foreign, spy, dark ballet feel of it. Just beautiful!! Everything!! 

I like them all as it shows her uncanny ability to shift characters without it being gimmicky,  but  if I had to choose, it would be the standard one where she looks like she may be portraying the 'Head of State' character. I love a full frontal of Madonna's intense stare plus the font above reminds me a little of Who's that Girl Tour 😎 which also explored the concept of multiple identities.

220px-Madonna_-_Who's_That_Girl_Tour_(poster).png

I love them all but for me anyway the most striking is the standard brunette one.  Im hypnotized by that one. 🤷🏻‍♂️🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Love the 3 covers, but the deluxe (blonde) is the best one. :inlove: 

My favorite might be the standard with the black hair even though not crazy about the placement of her name on the brows.

I'm just happy to see her with a change in hair color and hair style.

Second favorite is the deluxe with the guitar.....

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I do love them all.  I'm with the majority where the Deluxe is my favorite, but the standard is so striking.  I love how much she looks like her mother in it.  And I for one think her name placed where it is, is very clever if she's paying homage to Frida.  I wouldn't change a thing because it's Madonna vision. I think the standard may end up being another iconic cover for her. 

the deluxe cover is the ultimate madame x --- the spy. there's an undercurrent of mischief and gloom in that gorgeous visage.

5 minutes ago, toujours said:

the deluxe cover is the ultimate madame x --- the spy. there's an undercurrent of mischief and gloom in that gorgeous visage.

Agreed. She looks as if she is on a mission!

15 hours ago, TXIII said:

Agreed. She looks as if she is on a mission!

true. her look and image is deceptively simple here. a front that can fool a lot of her targets. 

25 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I don't see les miserables, I see Tamara de Lempicka

I see old Holywood movie poster. The ones that were captured in black and white then colored after. 

It's Madame X wearing a wig cap and ready to take on another role to complete her mission.

LOVE the deluxe edition! So so sad she didnt make it the standard edition. The standard edition is by the far the worst she's ever made. It looks like fan art. That's about the nicest thing I can say about it.

9 minutes ago, yououghttavogue said:

LOVE the deluxe edition! So so sad she didnt make it the standard edition. The standard edition is by the far the worst she's ever made. It looks like fan art. That's about the nicest thing I can say about it.

The wires over her face for Rebel Heart aren't adorable in retrospect.