“Medellín”

20 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

Every single morning since the release, I put in my headphones, play Medellin full blast and Cha Cha Cha into the kitchen 🙂 Still love it that much. 

Yes it’s a gem! I do the same! It’s so fresh and unique!

1 hour ago, swimtoshore said:

me too! i am obsessed with it and cannot get it out of my head day or night. i even wake up thinking one two cha cha cha LOL

Hahaa!! I always sing the chorus and I haven't even bothered to google the lyrics so I sound like an idiot. Sounds like I am singing "jamabalaya.. sumthin sumthin. 🙂🙂

3 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

The song is amazing. 

Can't stop playing it. I feel like I alone should have streamed the single onto the charts!!! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Well, I haven't heard Medellin on the radio BUT I did go to a Vietnamese restaurant in my area and apparently they have their own little "radio station" type thing. They were playing a bunch of  new songs I'd never heard, that were making me roll my eyes tbqh.......and then I heard the voice of an angel! :lol: "I took a pill and had a dream...." Even though it wasn't on the radio, it did sound amazing to hear on loud speakers in a public place. Although it was playing at the bar, it was the middle of the day so there weren't too many people there, so couldn't really gauge too many reactions.....although the bartender seemed to like it! He was bopping his head and tapping his foot! 😃 

So yay! Small victories! Slow and steady is the name of the game this era.

An English-Spanish bop becoming a minor hit in a Vietnamese setting in the USA :lol:

Medellin is becoming a hit in Mexico. The biggest radio show in the country has a top 40 hits list published every Saturday, and today Medellin went up to #12 which is actually a good thing. I sadly thought it was never going to be played at all. You can actually vote for it!

los40.png

Edited by Frozenpower

I was lukewarm to the song but I am really liking the version with In The Sphinx. 

I heard Medellín in a Woodys bar last week here in a Toronto.  I was thrilled!!!  That intro of “1 2 cha cha cha” sounds amazing on the dance floor.  They added beats to it.  The crowd didn’t  seem to react fondly, except for those that are clearly fans and went dancing all the way, me included!  

1 hour ago, Brotherhood said:

I heard Medellín in a Woodys bar last week here in a Toronto.  I was thrilled!!!  That intro of “1 2 cha cha cha” sounds amazing on the dance floor.  They added beats to it.  The crowd didn’t  seem to react fondly, except for those that are clearly fans and went dancing all the way, me included!  

Was curious if the gay bars/clubs were playing it.

Can imagine Medellin sounding very good with a great sound system.

7 hours ago, luizotaviobarros said:

I haven’t heard it in São Paulo yet. Not even once. 

Any other Brazilians here? Os it the same in your city?

That is an interesting question because I would like to know how well the song is doing in Brazil (brazuca aqui 😉 )

At first Medellin didn't get me but then it turned out for me to really love this song. I listen to it everyday and it puts me on a good mood. I really love the production.   

1 hour ago, Geiger83 said:

At first Medellin didn't get me but then it turned out for me to really love this song. I listen to it everyday and it puts me on a good mood. I really love the production.   

I think it's been a real grower for a lot of people!

12 hours ago, Nick said:

Was curious if the gay bars/clubs were playing it.

Can imagine Medellin sounding very good with a great sound system.

The video came on in G-A-Y on Friday night. I saw a few gays dancing to it.

I think the reaction to the song (at least here in Italy) has been incredibly positive
EVERYONE I know, including people who don't really care about Madonna, literally EVERYONE says it's a cool song and everyone loves it
they play it on music channels, you hear it on the radio, it's still in Itunes top 10....
no other song from MDNA or Rebel Heart has been this popular, it's appalling that it's not in the top 10 of the official chart

10 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

I think the reaction to the song (at least here in Italy) has been incredibly positive
EVERYONE I know, including people who don't really care about Madonna, literally EVERYONE says it's a cool song and everyone loves it
they play it on music channels, you hear it on the radio, it's still in Itunes top 10....
no other song from MDNA or Rebel Heart has been this popular, it's appalling that it's not in the top 10 of the official chart

That’s pretty impressive considering 90% of the song is in Spanish. It’s a magnificent song.

12 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

That’s pretty impressive considering 90% of the song is in Spanish. It’s a magnificent song.

well a lot of hits here are in Spanish.... nevertheless, it's a magnificent song

35 minutes ago, cocolattee said:

Thats just another prove that charts today are scam and not a radar whats really popular

On 5/13/2019 at 1:27 PM, tasteinmen said:

The video came on in G-A-Y on Friday night. I saw a few gays dancing to it.

G-A-Y is a huge club right?

It's good that folks are hearing it randomly when you're out.

5 hours ago, cocolattee said:

That's cool to hear that it has been well received!

Whenever I visit my Dad, I watch some of RAI TV with him since he subscribes. 

Was surprised about how much Madonna music they play in the background of their shows, as well as discussing her on the Italian news programs. 

Just curious what region in Italy do you live?

US magazine latest issue Medellin a bilingual hit! 🔥

medellin is 🔥

A884FE91-119C-4D07-9502-44BE8D574833.jpeg

8 hours ago, Nick said:

That's cool to hear that it has been well received!

Whenever I visit my Dad, I watch some of RAI TV with him since he subscribes. 

Was surprised about how much Madonna music they play in the background of their shows, as well as discussing her on the Italian news programs. 

Just curious what region in Italy do you live?

😉

image.jpeg

On 5/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, Flip The Switch said:

Well, italian and spanish are often mutually understandable (for people who speak a romance language the languages sound very familiar). I also know italians love latin music (please italians correct me if I am wrong)