“Medellín”

56 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

@vertigokane. The emails might be old but he has been doing this for years. Roger Friedman is the pond scum of entertainment reporting. Trying to straight away get negative press for every new single, album and tour she does. Has  been going on for years. Worst thing is when other entertainment news sites pick up and report his putrid stories. Why he is so dangerous.   Hope Madonna's PR firm can counter act this and him IF it gets picked up by other entertainment publications - which sadly and infuriatingly has always happened in the past. He gets fired from everywhere but still keeps popping up. His tactics are so vile. 

His obsession with her reminds me of Piers Morgan. 

I know the media laws are lax in the US, but shouldn't it be unlawful for constant libel? Shouldn't there be some kind of punishment for Friedman and Drudge? They are both the scum of the earth, and the only reason Friedman gets any mileage is because Drudge links to his articles. I believe the email because sure enough, Friedman sabatoged the song in his column one day after, and sure enough, it's on Drudge, but interestingly on the lower left-hand corner where nobody really sees this. Anyhow, there HAS to be SOMETHING we can do about this, if only making people aware.

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

+1 

i find it childish, but the same time very adult and true. accepting the existence your problems, in other words. 

Spot on. Particularly since the line that follows (dancing in the rain....) propels her into either a fantasy or a liberating moment...

51 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Wow... The extent some people go to bring others down. I have come across that Joseph Mora before too, and the guy is completely insane, if not mentally ill. 

That Joseph guy is truly deranged and bitter. I’ve seen him trolling everywhere on social media over the years. I remember him getting banned from Madonna forums and other music forums I used to go to in the early 2000s. He was often a Janazi troll.

5 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

What a JOY ! 💃😍

On 4/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, Bretticus said:

About a third of her fans want big disco club bangers or Like a Prayer every fucking single, and throw tantrums when it doesn’t happen. I understand why some are disappointed but how can you not love the groove and melody of Medellín I do not know.

How can they be MADONNA fans if they don't appreciate culture and diversity?

The only flip-side is that most sane people in the US know 'The Drudge Report' is a hardcore right-wing propaganda/bat-shit/conspiracy black hole (ie. the REAL 'fake news') and wouldn't know facts, evidence or real journalism if it bite them in the ass. The people believing anything from that site are those already too far down the bullshit rabbit hole...and are the folks who have had Madonna on their shitlist for decades now already. Fuck 'em.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

The only flip-side is that most sane people in the US know 'The Drudge Report' is a hardcore right-wing propaganda/bat-shit/conspiracy black hole (ie. the REAL 'fake news') and wouldn't know facts, evidence or real journalism if it bite them in the ass. The people believing anything from that site are those already too far down the bullshit rabbit hole...and are the folks who have had Madonna on their shitlist for decades now already. Fuck 'em.

Yep. The Drudge Report is definitely one of the worst out there with their extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories. They are the real fake news publishing columns from journalists who have poor track records with factual information such as Roger Stone, Limbaugh, and Ann Coulter. Little to no fact checking at all. They’re right up there with Breitbart. So naturally they are going to hate Madonna and smear her every chance they get. 

And, yes, fuck ‘em. 

the line “slow down, papi” alone makes the song…April 17, 2019 - by Bradley Stern-MuuMuse

I’ve seen the radio edit version mentioned, but can’t find the info, what have they removed and how long is it? Is there anywhere I can get this from, I love the main version but I’d like it for my singles collection playlist.

25 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yes! Wish the first “slow down papi” wasn’t interrupted by Maluma’s “wooo!”. :lol: 

I actually love it. It came up as I was reading it!

13 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

I’ve seen the radio edit version mentioned, but can’t find the info, what have they removed and how long is it? Is there anywhere I can get this from, I love the main version but I’d like it for my singles collection playlist.

I hope there is a shorter radio edit version. Wonder when we will get that one. I guess with the remixes?

Sorry if this has had already been posted.

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-new-music-2019.html

“You wonder what motivates Madonna after a bout of recently less-than-desirably-met LPs. Not since 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floorhas a new era from the Queen of Pop been received with such awe and praise. “Medellin” is her best lead single since that era’s ABBA-referencing “Hung Up.” Similarly, it takes advantage of a burgeoning sound while also harnessing a prior classic oeuvre of hers. In the 2000s, she was riding the electro-clash trend. Now, she’s chasing that Latin flair, eyeing successes such as Rosalía, J Balvin, and probably the enormous hit “Despacito.” “Medellin” is “La Isla Bonita” for 2019, not just a reminder that she was the pioneer of every flavor of pop, but that she can compete with the hottest of the moment. Also, at the age of 60, her delivery of the line “slow down, papi” over a more gradual dance number is delectably commanding.” —Eve Barlow

7 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

Sorry if this has had already been posted.

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-new-music-2019.html

“You wonder what motivates Madonna after a bout of recently less-than-desirably-met LPs. Not since 2005’s Confessions on a Dance Floorhas a new era from the Queen of Pop been received with such awe and praise. “Medellin” is her best lead single since that era’s ABBA-referencing “Hung Up.” Similarly, it takes advantage of a burgeoning sound while also harnessing a prior classic oeuvre of hers. In the 2000s, she was riding the electro-clash trend. Now, she’s chasing that Latin flair, eyeing successes such as Rosalía, J Balvin, and probably the enormous hit “Despacito.” “Medellin” is “La Isla Bonita” for 2019, not just a reminder that she was the pioneer of every flavor of pop, but that she can compete with the hottest of the moment. Also, at the age of 60, her delivery of the line “slow down, papi” over a more gradual dance number is delectably commanding.” —Eve Barlow

hadn't seen that ! That's great 🌟 🌟 ( and God knows Vulture can be relentlessly snarky at times )

17 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

If it’s actually real they removed the final ven conmigo part. But I don’t know if that version is an official radio edit or a fan made One

14 minutes ago, imakicola said:

If it’s actually real they removed the final ven conmigo part. But I don’t know if that version is an official radio edit or a fan made One

removing that third/final chorus before the part everyone seems to like better and then ending with "slow down papi" would shorten the song to 4:01. i can't imagine what else they could cut so that's probably the way to go.