Madame X formats/boxset Revealed!

49 minutes ago, humanracin said:

Cassettes are utterly ridiculous.

and who listens to those anymore? i don't even have a cassette player anymore. lol

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

At people baffled at cassettes, as if vinyls and CDs were so necessary nowadays :lmao:

I never really thought about it that way.  Haha

14 hours ago, horn said:

Did you buy the translucent blue lp? :1251:

I was late for the blue vinyl. I did get translucent and the rainbow picture vinyls though.

4 hours ago, humanracin said:

Cassettes are utterly ridiculous.

all physical formats are. no way would i ever risk scratching those colored vinyls. but they are so pretty

7 hours ago, Klasu said:

My very first Madonna record was the You Can Dance cassette back in 1987, and most of my early Madonna memories are tied to cassettes. So I’m kind of enjoying this revival of poor sound quality and having to press forward/rewind to find your favorite track. I’m definitely getting this one too. 🤑

I can relate to this so much. Cassettes bring back a feeling of Madonna nostalgia from my childhood.

44 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I can relate to this so much. Cassettes bring back a feeling of Madonna nostalgia from my childhood.

That is so nice to hear. 😍 Back here in Finland they did a scientific study on cassettes and what they used to mean to people. The researchers asked people to send personal stories on cassettes. So I sent one where I write about Easter 1989 and driving to the nearest city with my parents (in our horrible old car) just to buy the Like a Prayer album on cassette. I still remember the excitement when I got home, smelled the patchouli and started playing the tape with my yellow double deck player. 🤩 

I guess it’s memories like these the marketing people are riding on now, trying to sell us cassettes again. Well, I certainly can’t seem to avoid the temptation. 😛

So a special double sided poster with the Taiwanese standard edition

IMG-20190525-WA0001.jpg

Edited by marcell976

15 minutes ago, marcell976 said:

So a special double sided poster with the Taiwanese standard edition

IMG-20190525-WA0001.jpg

Ok, Will ask my Taiwanese friend to get 2 copies for me.

So far, I have ordered:

Black vinyl (with t-shirt purchase)
Clear vinyl (with t-shirt purchase)
Turquoise vinyl
Rainbow vinyl
Box set
Deluxe cassette
Glitter cassette

I need help.

55 minutes ago, Klasu said:

That is so nice to hear. 😍 Back here in Finland they did a scientific study on cassettes and what they used to mean to people. The researchers asked people to send personal stories on cassettes. So I sent one where I write about Easter 1989 and driving to the nearest city with my parents (in our horrible old car) just to buy the Like a Prayer album on cassette. I still remember the excitement when I got home, smelled the patchouli and started playing the tape with my yellow double deck player. 🤩 

I guess it’s memories like these the marketing people are riding on now, trying to sell us cassettes again. Well, I certainly can’t seem to avoid the temptation. 😛

How lovely. They absolutely mean a lot to me. I'm even getting a cassette tattoo this summer! It was the first format of music I discovered as a young boy and will always have a piece of my heart.

17 minutes ago, horn said:

Ok, Will ask my Taiwanese friend to get 2 copies for me.

I Will look for it on ebay

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

So far, I have ordered:

Black vinyl (with t-shirt purchase)
Clear vinyl (with t-shirt purchase)
Turquoise vinyl
Rainbow vinyl
Box set
Deluxe cassette
Glitter cassette

I need help.

No Target Standard CD?

No FNAC Standard CD?

No HMV UK Standard CD?

No Taiwan Standard CD?

No Japan Standard CD?

No Japan Deluxe 2CD?

No Europe Black LP?

No Europe Clear LP?

No Europe Rainbow LP?

No Europe Boxset?

No Europe Deluxe Cassette?

:1251: 

27 minutes ago, horn said:

No Target Standard CD?

No FNAC Standard CD?

No HMV UK Standard CD?

No Taiwan Standard CD?

No Japan Standard CD?

No Japan Deluxe 2CD?

No Europe Black LP?

No Europe Clear LP?

No Europe Rainbow LP?

No Europe Boxset?

No Europe Deluxe Cassette?

:1251: 

I have 3 of those ordered, plus I'll stream constantly on Spotify. I am tempted to get a cassette now as I wouldn't mind one

So I guess there is no way to buy the box set from USA? And why isn’t it available in the official store? 

46 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

So I guess there is no way to buy the box set from USA? And why isn’t it available in the official store? 

I read it was on Amazon US the other day?

55 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

7 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

I read it was on Amazon US the other day?

I believe so — as an import, but, yes, supposedly you can order it from the US store.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

How lovely. They absolutely mean a lot to me. I'm even getting a cassette tattoo this summer! It was the first format of music I discovered as a young boy and will always have a piece of my heart.

😍 Now that’s a great tattoo! 

I only buy physical products that I love and use, I would never buy something just to sit on a shelf or put in a box.

I will buy 1 vinyl version to play at home. It’s near impossible to scratch records, most faults and jumps happen in the manufacturing process. It may sound cliche but Vinyl sounds the best, especially through a good surround sound system.

And I’ll buy 1 CD for the bonus tracks to play at home and in my car.