Madame X formats/boxset Revealed!

I'm still trying to order this from Amazon.ca but it's totally unclear, isn't the guitar cover supposed to have 18 songs and a book? this one only lists it at 12 songs with the 2nd CD with 3 songs. I'm confused, can someone clear this up please?

https://www.amazon.ca/Madame-Limited-International-Deluxe-Version/dp/B07QH1FYRX/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=madonna&qid=1556227205&s=gateway&sr=8-1

4 minutes ago, T0pher said:

I'm still trying to order this from Amazon.ca but it's totally unclear, isn't the guitar cover supposed to have 18 songs and a book? this one only lists it at 12 songs with the 2nd CD with 3 songs. I'm confused, can someone clear this up please?

https://www.amazon.ca/Madame-Limited-International-Deluxe-Version/dp/B07QH1FYRX/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=madonna&qid=1556227205&s=gateway&sr=8-1

It seems it's only the Limited International Deluxe 2CD Version, so only 15 songs on 2 CD... It's not the 18 songs version + book... well I don't think it is

1 minute ago, runa said:

It seems it's only the Limited International Deluxe 2CD Version, so only 15 songs on 2 CD... It's not the 18 songs version + book... well I don't think it is

gahhhh damn it. I';ll just hold off on ordering it then and just get the Vinyl for now. 

1 minute ago, T0pher said:

gahhhh damn it. I';ll just hold off on ordering it then and just get the Vinyl for now. 

Really sad we can't get the boxset in Canada - that's what I wanted the most.

I bought the clear vinyl, will buy the deluxe version in a music store nearby and will try to grab the boxset somewhere in a few days... if it still available somewhere.

I do not trust any of the format tracklists yet.  Sloppy and messy.  Amazon US has had the guitar cover on and off a dozen times.  I am not convinced that target bonus songs are also available on digital deluxe dl.  Every Target special edition that I have ever purchased had contained genuine extra tracks.  They are not "exclusive" tracks if I can get them on Amazon or iTunes.  

49 minutes ago, T0pher said:

I am kind of guessing here, but I think that Amazon has uploaded the wrong track-listing. Which it seems they've done for quite a few of the Madame X products.

I highly doubt there's a "limited" version of the same product with that exact cover being sold everywhere else but with less songs. That just sounds...ridiculous and unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, sul8323 said:

I do not trust any of the format tracklists yet.  Sloppy and messy.  Amazon US has had the guitar cover on and off a dozen times.  I am not convinced that target bonus songs are also available on digital deluxe dl.  Every Target special edition that I have ever purchased had contained genuine extra tracks.  They are not "exclusive" tracks if I can get them on Amazon or iTunes.  

Exactly.

Target "bonus" songs have, for the most part, been genuine exclusive bonus tracks for other artists I've bought. I'm kind of thinking that it may be 2 of the 3 extra songs from the 2disc Hardcover (so far not being sold in the US anyway)...or at the very least, 2 exclusive remixes.

And yeah, I've noticed Amazon's tracklisting is off for quite a few of the Madama X editions. 

I think Target is just the Blonde hair (deluxe) with the 15 songs as opposed to the dark hair (standard) 13 songs

1 hour ago, runa said:

Really sad we can't get the boxset in Canada - that's what I wanted the most.

I bought the clear vinyl, will buy the deluxe version in a music store nearby and will try to grab the boxset somewhere in a few days... if it still available somewhere.

really doesn't surprise me though, Canada sucks in terms of getting stuff like that. I just pre ordered the black vinyl, as much as I want the clear vinyl my husband would kill me for spending 75$ (shipping and conversion) on a vinyl. 

and it would be really odd that Canada gets just a limited international deluxe version with just 15 songs that is only available here while the others have the 18 songs, no?

My orders so far :

Deluxe Box set

Lithographe 

Clear vinyl 

Black vinyl 

Target special 

Fnac Special 

Fnac Deluxe 

K7 Deluxe

Japan Limited Edition 2x

Japan Regular Edition 2x 

Should I get both bundles from Madonna shop as well? 

10 hours ago, T0pher said:

It's a 2 CD deluxe version with hardcover 32 pages booklet. It's like music limited edition. Disc 1 is the deluxe 15 songs whereas disc 2 is 3 bonus tracks.

9 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Target exclusive probably mean physical 1 disc 15 songs CD exclusive since only standard CD 13 tracks or the 2cd 15+3 songs available.

Target page provided the 15 songs tracklist but fans refused to accept it. :rotfl:

Personally I don't think 17 songs is feasible on 1 CD due to the total running time.

Well we will have to wait till 14 June to find out.

1 hour ago, horn said:

Target page provided the 15 songs tracklist but fans refused to accept it. :rotfl:

Nobody is 'refusing to accept' anything. We're genuinely confused, as even much of the Amazon uploaded tracklists don't match the earlier formats released either. (not to mention everyone goes back and forth in this thread with different information).

As @sul8323 said, most Target editions with extra 'bonus' tracks are usually genuine bonus tracks not available elsewhere. My experience as been the same as his buying from Target over the years. It very well could be just the deluxe edition, but that would be some what out of step with Target's usual 'extra track' editions.

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Madonna Underground is reporting the Rainbow vinyl is cancelled - source: Universal France

or maybe it just wasn't meant to be announced yet, I mean there is her GLAAD award and World Pride coming up...

Hmv, Target and Fnac will be selling the physical format of the deluxe edition. I thought initially their editions will feature 15 + 2 bonus tracks, but it was a misleading assumption.

1 minute ago, Kilt said:

Hmv, Target and Fnac will be selling the physical format of the deluxe edition. I thought initially their editions will feature 15 + 2 bonus tracks, but it was a misleading assumption.

That's what I initially thought, and will probably be. Especially considering the cover image they're all using is the deluxe cover.

1 hour ago, horn said:

It's a 2 CD deluxe version with hardcover 32 pages booklet. It's like music limited edition. Disc 1 is the deluxe 15 songs whereas disc 2 is 3 bonus tracks.

no shit! but if you actually read what I wrote it says disc 1 is 12 songs and disc 2 is the 3 extra songs and no mention of the book. while in other countries the same cover is the 15 tracks with the 3 bonus is the 2nd disc

I bought:

1. Standard

2. 2cd deluxe

3. Musiccassette

4. Box Deluxe

5. FNAC 

6. Target

7. Black Vinyl

8. Transparant Vinyl

9. Rainbow vinyl (order still on at Amazon)

10. Japanese deluxe special sound

2 hours ago, T0pher said:

no shit! but if you actually read what I wrote it says disc 1 is 12 songs and disc 2 is the 3 extra songs and no mention of the book. while in other countries the same cover is the 15 tracks with the 3 bonus is the 2nd disc

As pointed out earlier in the thread, Amazon UK is also displaying this false tracklisting for the 2 CD and even for the boxset. It's an Amazon error (if not then the 18 track version doesn't appear to actually exist)

On 4/17/2019 at 10:17 AM, horn said:

It seems like the Deluxe cassette is different from the box set:

Deluxe cassette

00602577697760_packshot_1_370x.jpeg?v=15

Boxset cassette:

International_Boxset_370x.png?v=15555103

The box set needs the standard cover incorporated as well. It is lovely. 

8 hours ago, horn said:

Target exclusive probably mean physical 1 disc 15 songs CD exclusive since only standard CD 13 tracks or the 2cd 15+3 songs available.

Personally I don't think 17 songs is feasible on 1 CD due to the total running time.

Well we will have to wait till 14 June to find out.

The Immaculate Collection says hi.

4 hours ago, Kim said:

As pointed out earlier in the thread, Amazon UK is also displaying this false tracklisting for the 2 CD and even for the boxset. It's an Amazon error (if not then the 18 track version doesn't appear to actually exist)

Wait, so the 18 track version doesn't exist even in the box set??

🙄 How hard is it for her team to release correct and complete information... it's like they don't want to actually sell anything.