Madame X formats/boxset Revealed!

9 minutes ago, rebelvvv said:

Thanks!  Anyone know if the Japanese hardcover book will be... in Japanese?  I've only gotten music CDs from there with the translated insert but not special editions before.

It should come with lyrics booklet as usual.

5 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Again I'm lost. If I want the blonde cover, doni have to hand over 70 quid for the box set? If so... I won't be doing that 

No, the blonde cover is an HMV exclusive in the UK but if you want ALL the tracks you'll need to get the  2CD Deluxe guitar cover too.

So these are the physical formats I've seen to far:

Standard 13-track CD w/ sewn lips cover

Deluxe 15-track CD w/ sewn lips cover (exclusive to Fnac)

Deluxe 15-track CD w/ blonde cover (exclusive to HMV)

Deluxe 17-track CD w/ blonde cover (exclusive to Target)

Deluxe 18-track 2CD w/ guitar gover

Black 15-track Vinyl w/ sewn lips cover

Clear 15-track Vinyl w/ sewn lips cover (exclusive to Madonna's official store)

Rainbow Picture Disc 15-track Vinyl

Standard 13-track cassette w/ blonde cover (sold only as part of the boxset)

Deluxe 15-track cassette w/ guitar cover

- All physical formats released by Universal Music Japan will be pressed on SHM-CD.

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

No, the blonde cover is an HMV exclusive in the UK but if you want ALL the tracks you'll need to get the  2CD Deluxe guitar cover too.

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Msig said:

So these are the formats I've seen to far:

Standard 13-track CD

Deluxe 15-track CD (exclusive to Fnac and HMV)

Deluxe 17-track CD (exclusive to Target)

Deluxe 18-track 2CD

Black 15-track Vinyl

Clear 15-track Vinyl (exclusive to Madonna's official store)

Standard 13-track cassette (sold only as part of the boxset)

Deluxe 15-track cassette

- All physical formats released by Universal Music Japan will be pressed on SHM-CD.

I know the press release said differently, but Target is specifying only 2 extra songs . I think the Target/Fnac/HMV editions are the same like @horn said

target.jpg

The total running time of the 15 tracks CD is around 65 mins (excluding the interval between tracks). The usual industrial standard uses a 74 min disc. It would be very packed to have another 2 more songs to be included on the same disc (target version has only 1 disc) unless the total running time for both songs are under 8 mins.

But then again, they may use a higher standard 80min CD which will inevitably increase the production cost. 

Let's wait for Target.com to release more info on their special edition. I do know there are press release but these are not from target.com directly.

1 hour ago, horn said:

The total running time of the 15 tracks CD is around 65 mins (excluding the interval between tracks). The usual industrial standard uses a 74 min disc. It would be very packed to have another 2 more songs to be included on the same disc (target version has only 1 disc) unless the total running time for both songs are under 8 mins.

But then again, they may use a higher standard 80min CD which will inevitably increase the production cost. 

Let's wait for Target.com to release more info on their special edition. I do know there are press release but these are not from target.com directly.

Well the pic above is straight from the Target website. 2 extra tracks. It makes total sense that it's the same 15 track album just labelled as in-store exclusives for each territory.

6 hours ago, Msig said:

So these are the physical formats I've seen to far:

Standard 13-track CD w/ sewn lips cover

Deluxe 15-track CD w/ sewn lips cover (exclusive to Fnac)

Deluxe 15-track CD w/ blonde cover (exclusive to HMV)

Deluxe 17-track CD w/ blonde cover (exclusive to Target)

Deluxe 18-track 2CD w/ guitar gover

Black 15-track Vinyl w/ sewn lips cover

Clear 15-track Vinyl w/ sewn lips cover (exclusive to Madonna's official store)

Standard 13-track cassette w/ blonde cover (sold only as part of the boxset)

Deluxe 15-track cassette w/ guitar cover

i need to save this because its so confusing.

ordered: clear vinyl & box set & standard cd.

this release i'm getting it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, James0479 said:

According to my source the rainbow vinyl has never existed, the box set is Europe only and the rest is available everywhere. The white vinyl is limited. 

It was available on fnac for preorder but sold out in less than 24 hours.

A few members in here including me bought it.

Whereas for the white vinyl, are you talking about clear vinyl?

7 hours ago, Kim said:

Well the pic above is straight from the Target website. 2 extra tracks. It makes total sense that it's the same 15 track album just labelled as in-store exclusives for each territory.

I feel the same.

2 hours ago, James0479 said:

As far as Target goes....I wouldn't get into much of a frenzy on that.  As long as you have the deluxe package from the Madonna store, you have all songs. 

To collectors, it's not about the songs. 

Moreover, she's releasing not one but 2 "sickening" covers, tempting non collectors to buy it as well.

I would really hope there will be a les miserables lp cover cos that look is so "sickening" :dramatic:

11 minutes ago, horn said:

It was available on fnac for preorder but sold out in less than 24 hours.

A few members in here including me bought it.

Whereas for the white vinyl, are you talking about clear vinyl?

Do you think it sold out? It seems too soon! That lithography thing is limited to 500 and still on sale. 

6 minutes ago, horn said:

To collectors, it's not about the songs. 

Moreover, she's releasing not one but 2 "sickening" covers, tempting non collectors to buy it as well.

I would really hope there will be a les miserables lp cover cos that look is so "sickening" :dramatic:

Yes. As they're two different vinyls, they could have used both covers and I would have bought the two them. 

I cross my fingers the FNAC especial edition has the blonde cover.

2 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Do you think it sold out? It seems too soon! That lithography thing is limited to 500 and still on sale. 

LP is far more interesting than lithography.

Doesn't seem to be up in Amazon Japan yet. Although I did find this book of Madonna quotations which says that you will become beautiful just by reading it. 😝😝😝

AF53B01B-475F-435C-9C3E-47FE70A1C6DE.jpeg

7 hours ago, James0479 said:

As far as Target goes....I wouldn't get into much of a frenzy on that.  As long as you have the deluxe package from the Madonna store, you have all songs. 

It's more the far superior cover that people are interested in.

Isnt the track list on amazon wrong for the deluxe, look:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madame-X-Deluxe-Madonna/dp/B07QH1FYRX

It says 2 cds but first one has only 12 tracks and the extra discs has the 3 tracks that are supposed to be on disc one? And no Fanuna etc...

40 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Isnt the track list on amazon wrong for the deluxe, look:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madame-X-Deluxe-Madonna/dp/B07QH1FYRX

It says 2 cds but first one has only 12 tracks and the extra discs has the 3 tracks that are supposed to be on disc one? And no Fanuna etc...

Yeah that's strange. The only messed up part of this entre campaign so far has been the roll out of all these confusing,/contradictory formats.

15 minutes ago, Kim said:

Yeah that's strange. The only messed up part of this entre campaign so far has been the roll out of all these confusing,/contradictory formats.

Yeah, I dont know which version to buy, I guess I will just buy the lot ☺

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

Yeah, I dont know which version to buy, I guess I will just buy the lot ☺

Amazon has that same track listing for the box set. How hard can it be to just provide accurate info?

16 minutes ago, Kim said:

I agree. 

Its very confusing and feels a tad messy but the artwork is gorgeous.