Madame X formats/boxset Revealed!

Just now, Amelia said:

I'm like you.  It's just I don't want to miss out on anything that I might want.  It seems the BOX set is the way to go, but I might be wrong?  I'd also love to have the clear vinyl as well.  I just wish we can find it ALL in one place, rather scrambling to find it at various places. 

Well, what really annoys me is that we really don't know in the end what cover have those releases. I mean, should I try to buy the Target CD to have the blonde cover or will Fnac serve the blond cover? :lol:

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
17 minutes ago, Royal T said:

Idk where to post this? What is this? Sounda like madonna? Is album leaking?

tell me if i’m wrong. Plz

Wow, this looks cool, but I doubt it's Madonna.  Why would some random account have this?  The visuals seem like something Madonna would want to reveal herself.  But maybe something else is going on, we don't know.  This almost looks like an advertistment for something using her name and vocals/song.

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Well, what really annoys me is that we really don't know in the end what cover have those releases. I mean, should I try to buy the Target CD to have the blonde cover or will Fnac serve the blond cover? :lol:

Yeah, it's frustrating.  I'm just going to wait like @Kurt420 posted.  I did get the impression the Target version has Madonna with the guitar?

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

All of this is making my head spin!! I think I'm gonna wait for things to settle a bit before ordering anything. 

Are all of these things eventually gonna be available in stores?? Or are some online exclusives only??

The thing is record store is hard to come by these days.

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

I'm like you.  It's just I don't want to miss out on anything that I might want.  It seems the BOX set is the way to go, but I might be wrong?  I'd also love to have the clear vinyl as well.  I just wish we can find it ALL in one place, rather scrambling to find it at various places. 

Clear vinyl is Madonna.com exclusive and quantity is limited.

It's been > 24 hours and both Amazon US & Amazon CA have yet to list the boxset & 2CD deluxe version.

Even shop.madonna.com doesn't have it. Very strange.

Does it mean the boxset & 2 CD Deluxe edition are exclusive to Europe only?

It would make sense for Target to release the standard + 2 tracks edition.

10 minutes ago, horn said:

It's been > 24 hours and both Amazon US & Amazon CA have yet to list the boxset & 2CD deluxe version.

I hope it’s not Europe exclusive, because I also really want it 

Perhaps they are testing the waters with what European buyers will pay for? If uptake for multiple formats is high they will then roll them out in the US as well? 

5 hours ago, Kim said:

I need that cover so I went ahead and ordered the FNAC even though it shows the Wally cover on the website, I'm assuming it's just a temporary placeholder. This looks legit (note the polydor logo at the bottom)

CD6B017F-C160-482F-A47A-B36E03AEEC57.jpe

Ooh.

Do you think that means no more useless Interscope?

2 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Ooh.

Do you think that means no more useless Interscope?

Polydor is a British record label and company, that operates as part of Universal Music Group. It has a close relationship with Universal's Interscope Geffen A&M Records label, which distributes Polydor's releases in the United States. In turn, Polydor distributes Interscope releases in the United Kingdom. Polydor Records Ltd. was established in London in 1954 as a British subsidiary of German company Deutsche Grammophon GmbH. It was renamed Polydor Ltd. in 1972.

I guess they also distribute in the Europe as well? :dazed: 

4 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Perhaps they are testing the waters with what European buyers will pay for? If uptake for multiple formats is high they will then roll them out in the US as well? 

Well the boxset is the best seller across all Amazon sites (DE/UK/FR) now

3 hours ago, Royal T said:

Wow sure seems real to me. This needs its own thread. Amazing. And cool too that we see the white horse now in atleast two of her new songs. 

44 minutes ago, horn said:

It's interesting you mention that since HMV in the UK is doing an "exclusive edition" that's the same as Target and FNAC:

Meaning there's no sense for these "exclusive" editions to be sold in the same countries as the boxset / 2CD Hardcover but not in the US. 

17 minutes ago, horn said:

Polydor is a British record label and company, that operates as part of Universal Music Group. It has a close relationship with Universal's Interscope Geffen A&M Records label, which distributes Polydor's releases in the United States. In turn, Polydor distributes Interscope releases in the United Kingdom. Polydor Records Ltd. was established in London in 1954 as a British subsidiary of German company Deutsche Grammophon GmbH. It was renamed Polydor Ltd. in 1972.

I guess they also distribute in the Europe as well? :dazed: 

Polydor UK is a local label who is a distributor for other Universal releases and nothing more. They should not put it as a label on sites as it only distributes other labels unless the artist is signed directly to Polydor. 

3 hours ago, Royal T said:

Try to Shazam. I don't think it's her though...

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, horn said:

Clear vinyl is Madonna.com exclusive and quantity is limited.

Thanks for the heads up.  I went ahead and ordered the Clear Vinyl. 

AND LOL to Madonnastore emailing that they are preparing it to ship as we speak.  I suspect that's a general response they send out after you place an order.

I'm so confused as to what is going on. What's available in Canada? I'm traveling France and Netherlands for two weeks and every time I try and order something my phone automatically converts to french sites. I can't see what what's for sale/pre order in Canada? 

23 minutes ago, Ugly Hecty said:

It's interesting you mention that since HMV in the UK is doing an "exclusive edition" that's the same as Target and FNAC:

Meaning there's no sense for these "exclusive" editions to be sold in the same countries as the boxset / 2CD Hardcover but not in the US. 

Pre-order in store only?! :americanlife: 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Well, in the end it seems that those exclusive cds will be in every country? 

i'm not sure it looks that way. I pre-ordered the one on target i wonder what the 2 extra songs are.

13 minutes ago, juliebean said:

i'm not sure it looks that way. I pre-ordered the one on target i wonder what the 2 extra songs are.

One exclusive in UK

One exclusive in France

One exclusive in USA

I feel a trend here. 

Since Extreme Occident is a Deluxe exclusive... I guess it won't be released as a single then !! As for looking for Mercy, it has to be something with her lil girl.

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

One exclusive in UK

One exclusive in France

One exclusive in USA

I feel a trend here. 

are you talking about songs in differen't countries?