“Dark Ballet” thread

I've only heard it one and a half times before it cut off and I couldn't get it back :chuckle:

It's a trip. You feel like you're kinda getting into it at one and a half mins and then it alienates you. It's unsettling. You don't know what to expect. 

It's gonna be a lot of fun to listen to this more and get into it. I really like the spoken word part. It is a mish-mash but as others have pointed out I think that's part of the acts of the "ballet". 

My one gripe is that the lyrics are a bit trite in places 'cause your world is such a shame'- it's easier to get away with that in a more conventional pop song, but in this darker piece it zooms in upon it. Production is great and I actually really like her vocals in a lot of it.

I'm excited to see how I feel about it when it hits midnight here in the UK.

Just now, Shane said:

Does the song have a melody or is it somewhat atonal?

Not really no. The beat is sick when it kicks in the song itself as a structure is kind of hardline and then goes into the nutcracker sample which doesn't fit into how the song originally begins. 

Just now, Shane said:

Does the song have a melody or is it somewhat atonal?

It has a melody but not what you would say catchy. It has both singing and speaking parts.

1 minute ago, Bat-Fan said:

I actually think it would have worked better if it was a bit longer

I agree. It does end somewhat abruptly but I think that may of been on purpose.

Just now, Nikki said:

so whats the song thats 6 minutes long?

i think it gets good when the piano starts.. but i wish her vocals were stronger at the start of the song

I think it’s God Control 

32 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Lol, of course I will stream her song. I don't really get why not liking everything she does is forbidden here. I have been very positive about all other tracks from the album, streamed them night and day, had all my friends do the same and then I express my disappointment in DB, I can just F off. You guys can be such bullies. What does Madonna think of bullies again? Oh well. I will go stream away now ☺

No one said that. I was just joking. Jeez Louise (part 2): 

It’s brilliant. BRILLIANT. When she starts the speech it give me chills each time.  It’s definitely and experimental song. Almost like Devil pray meets paradise in a way but there no real comparaison to her past catalogue IMO appart the experimental side. Love it love it love it and guess what. Love it 

*I listened too often of the met gala after the ‘cause your world is’ part I always expect the like a prayer choir part 😂😂

This is some classic Madonna/Mirwais shit right here!!

I'm blown away by this one. What an absolute mindfuck of a song. This will most definitely not be everyone's cup of tea.....but I think most M fans that like stuff like Mer Girl, Paradise, AL album etc will like this one. Not single material in the slightest so props to her for having the balls to release this (the way it's looking now anyways) as a single. 

This is about a million miles away from Bitch I'm Madonna (which I do love too)! I'm simply in awe of her continued ability to change up her sound to the point where it's like listening to a different artist altogether. If it wasn't evident already, this should drive the point home that Madame X isn't necessarily all about that "perfect single". She's going for a vibe here. For years some of her fans have wanted her to release something along the lines of this. Sorry, but even if there is a perfect "disco banger" on the album, quite frankly, I don't think she's that concerned with it. It's not about that this time.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm blown away by this one. What an absolute mindfuck of a song. This will most definitely not be everyone's cup of tea.....but I think most M fans that like stuff like Mer Girl, Paradise, AL album etc will like this one. Not single material in the slightest so props to her for having the balls to release this (the way it's looking now anyways) as a single. 

This is about a million miles away from Bitch I'm Madonna (which I do love too)! I'm simply in awe of her continued ability to change up her sound to the point where it's like listening to a different artist altogether. If it wasn't evident already, this should drive the point home that Madame X isn't necessarily all about that "perfect single". She's going for a vibe here. For years some of her fans have wanted her to release something along the lines of this. Sorry, but even if there is a perfect "disco banger" on the album, quite frankly, I don't think she's that concerned with it. It's not about that this time.

I'm not a big fan of the song but +1 to this. 

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This 

I think I will enjoy this song. Paradise and Mer Girl give me such a distinct feeling of nature, loneliness and serenity.  

I have no idea how I feel or what I think about the song and that’s what makes it so wonderful. This is shaping up to be a supercharged American Life meets Music meets nothing she’s ever done before. Thank you M. 

3 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

I feel like god control might somehow complement dark ballet.

I have a feeling listening to this album in full is going to be a "vibe" unlike we've ever had before from her. 

I'm just simply in awe right now. Can totally understand those saying they wish it was longer, I do think it could work as a longer song as well but even as is......boy, what a RIDE. 4 minutes to save the world indeed!! This song will be one we revere highly in the future.

@Crystal Coffin a playlist w/DB is needed NOWWWWW!!!! :lol:

6 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Sanctuary 

Act of contrition 

Secret garden

Impressive instant

Mer girl

Paradise

Dark Ballet

NICE!!! I'm gonna have to listen to this playlist!!