“Dark Ballet” thread

Love the video!

...my husband who hasn't really been interested in Madonna since Confessions watched it and said it was really powerful.

I can't wait to hear the other Mirwais tracks!

Ok I'm in love with that song!!! 🤪 I don't quite get its meaning yet (beyond the obvious stuff), but I'm going to dissect it until it really makes sense! (Or else I'll die tryin')

It combines the right amount of creep (reminds me TOAC's toxic) and beauty!!!

I love it, love it, love it! Thank you baby jesus!

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Why is there no period at the end of Mykki’s quote or a space before 1986? These things keep me up at night.

I feel you on this 

DARK BALLET
Written by: Madonna Ciccone, Mirwais Ahmadzai

It's a beautiful life
But I'm not concerned
It's a beautiful dream
But a dream is earned 

I can dress like a boy
I can dress like a girl

Keep your beautiful words
'Cause I'm not concerned

'Cause your world is such a shame
'Cause your world's obsessed with fame
'Cause your world's in so much pain
'Cause your world is
'Cause your world is
Up in flames

It's a beautiful plan
But I'm not concerned (Oh yeah)
It's a beautiful game (Mmm)
That I never learned

People tell me to shut my mouth (Shut your mouth)
That I might get burned

Keep your beautiful lies
'Cause I'm not concerned

'Cause your world is such a shame
'Cause your world's obsessed with fame
'Cause your world's in so much pain
'Cause your world is
'Cause your world is

I will not denounce the things that I have said
I will not renounce my faith in my sweet Lord
He has chosen me to fight against the anguish
I am not afraid I'm going to die, 'cause I believe if
God is on my side and l'll be fine
I am not afraid 'cause I have faith in Him

You can cut my hair and throw me in a jail cell
And burn me at the stake, it's all a big mistake
Don't you know to doubt him it is a sin? I won't give in

They are so naive
They think we're not aware of their crimes

We know
But we're just not ready to act

The storm isn't in the air
It's inside of us

I want to tell you about love and loneliness
But it's getting late now
Can't you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie
The wind that's beginning to howl?

It's a beautiful life

Written by: Madonna Ciccone, Mirwais Ahmadzai

5 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

This song give me life seriously if anything to come is always better and better my heart can’t handle

It's giving my ears and brain a hard on!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Here's an interesting conversation to have... I've noticed that some fans on social media are upset that Madonna isn't in the video but for a few seconds. I have a feeling I know some fans here will echo that same feeling, but I like to counteract that by saying that this is a BOLD move by Madonna to not include herself in the video..  Pretty much in every music video of hers, she plays the center character in the video.  It's interesting that she's taking a step back and letting her vision be acted out by someone else, changing the narrative a bit, and allowing it be told through the eyes of a HIV gay black man.  I suspect a lot of the general public that sees this video will totally miss her vision, but I hope fans will appreciate and respect why she decided to take a back seat in this video by not appearing in it as much.  I think her vision, lyrics and own words speaks volumes... at least for me, that is.  

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

And holy fuck at the video!!!

Even though she's not in it, that is one of the most powerful, wonderfully executed videos she's ever done. I'm just in shock. Didn't expect a video at all.....and especially not one of this caliber. Not to mention still in shock from the song itself. Had it on repeat all day!!

What a glorious day to be an M fan!! This song + video are creative highs for her in my opinion. As someone mentioned before, we get all this nearly 40 YEARS in. QUEEN!!

THIS!!!!!!! X1000!!! 

2 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Here's an interesting conversation to have... I've noticed that some fans on social media are upset that Madonna isn't in the video but for a few seconds. I have a feeling I know some fans here will echo that same feeling, but I like to counteract that by saying that this is a BOLD move by Madonna to not include herself in the video..  Pretty much in every music video of hers, she plays the center character in the video.  It's interesting that she's taking a step back and letting her vision be acted out by someone else, changing the narrative a bit, and allowing it be told through the eyes of a HIV gay black man.  I suspect a lot of the general public that sees this video will totally miss her vision, but I hope fans will appreciate and respect why she decided to take a back seat in this video by not appearing in it as much.  I think he vision, lyrics and own words speaks volumes... at least for me, that is.  

Completely agree with this. Also what character would she play? I think the snippet she is in is more effective. She'd have to very careful. I mean the reviews are great about MX but not killers where they don't like her mentioning Islam etc, so imagine how carefully she'd have to tread in this video. It's beautiful .a masterpiece.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
Just now, Danmacevents said:

Completely agree with this. Also what character would she play? I think the snippet she is in is more effective. She'd have to very careful. I mean the reviews are great about MX but not killers where they don't like her mentioning Islam etc, so imagine how carefully she'd have to tread in this video. It's beautiful .a masterpiece.

Yeah, this is what people should be talking about!  This should be her controversy... not showing up in the video.  But that would mean people would have to show her some respect.  I remember back in 1990, some television tabloid show reviewed her VOGUE video and said she was in it too much (which I found to be ridiuclous.  Well, here we are in 2019 and she dared take a back seat. She took her "Joan of Arc" theme and switched the roles.  She could have easily just taken on the Joan of Arc role and be shown being burned at the stake, but she didn't. 

10 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

Also what character would she play? 

She could be a sexy log? Isn't she always saying that she likes to make things burn?

OR she could play all the religious males, a la eddie murphy.

4 hours ago, Danmacevents said:

She will be in the video a small amount maybe because it's someone else's story? Just a hunch. It looks epic. 

that is Emanuele's style- the video he won for SHAHMARAN tells a story of the man- you don't see the singer SEVDALIZA mid into the video.

12 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Here's an interesting conversation to have... I've noticed that some fans on social media are upset that Madonna isn't in the video but for a few seconds. I have a feeling I know some fans here will echo that same feeling, but I like to counteract that by saying that this is a BOLD move by Madonna to not include herself in the video..  Pretty much in every music video of hers, she plays the center character in the video.  It's interesting that she's taking a step back and letting her vision be acted out by someone else, changing the narrative a bit, and allowing it be told through the eyes of a HIV gay black man.  I suspect a lot of the general public that sees this video will totally miss her vision, but I hope fans will appreciate and respect why she decided to take a back seat in this video by not appearing in it as much.  I think her vision, lyrics and own words speaks volumes... at least for me, that is.  

havent heard or seen song/video yet and THIS! lol

4 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

The video is beautiful. It was smart of her not to be in it and to have Mykki play the lead role.

who says she's not in it?  

15 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I agree 100% with you.

16 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I agree 100%. Madonna’s limited visibility in the video was necessary to get her story across. Her narration is enough.

Guest neeto_mosqueeto

I noticed Ingrid Casares in the video. I think perhaps Lola is in the video. Who are the others actors?

Madonna is the High Priestess of Pop now.

♥️   ❌

💋

7 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

that is Emanuele's style- the video he won for- the SHAHMARAN tells a story of the man- you don't see the singer SEVDALIZA mid into the video.

Love that M is working with indie artists like SEVDALIZA’s video director. Glad she didn’t go the Hannah Lux route that everyone seems to be doing.

1 minute ago, neeto_mosqueeto said:

I noticed Ingrid Casares in the video. I think perhaps Lola is in the video. Who are the others actors?

Madonna is the High Priestess of Pop now.

♥️   ❌

💋

You know what you're right, she's no longer the queen of pop. What she is creating at the moment is far above anyone else. 

Just now, Danmacevents said:

You know what you're right, she's no longer the queen of pop. What she is creating at the moment is far above anyone else. 

That's what I said, she is too out-of-this-world