“Dark Ballet” thread

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m actually not interested in a Madonna music video that doesn’t feature Madonna, but I am absolutely on the edge of my seat to hear the song at midnight!

Who says she is not in the video? You can see her in the preview on her IG

Fuck this shit! I couldn't wait any longer and caved in and listened.

YAAAAAASSSSSSS, my favourite song out of the 5 tracks we heard so far. I never liked the Beautiful Game bit at the MET Gala but I love it here. It's brave of her to put it as the second track on the album and I love the fact that she just did her thing here. Mirwais delivered (as expected) and I can't wait to hear what else they created.

1 minute ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

I love love love Dark Ballet!!!! It's so good that I almost wish it was longer! :bow:

Yes, an extended version would be fantastic!!! 

I've played this on a loop for the past hour or so. What a mindfuck of a song. Now this is artpop.

Can't get enough of how the song descends into a mad piano solo and then a Kraftwerkesque Nutcracker.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I do believe the “think outside the box” stuff that was mentioned to me is starting to make sense in this context...she’s not chasing radio or releasing singles in the typical ways...or releasing videos that necessarily are singles...she’s just unleashing a plethora of fresh, forward thinking art and we’re all just gonna have to deal! 

Cant wait for Pride!!! I’m gonna be on the Stonewall Float! 

Yeah, I just get the impression that some are expecting her to release all these catchy pop songs when this album seems to be about her artistry.  I like the idea that each song so far has been pretty different from one another.

And wow, you're going to be on the Stonewall Float!  How exciting. HAVE FUN! 

8 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Who says she is not in the video? You can see her in the preview on her IG

Oh good, thank you!

At work so only able to scan the thread, and I thought I saw that she was only in it for a few seconds.

3 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Now this is artpop.

YES! I hope the little turds are getting SCHOOLED.....if not, they will be soon cuz you know they're all gonna listen to it.

Regarding the video, is it possible that it may not be an actual music video but more just a "visual" like the audio videos for I Rise and Crave? Obviously, this would be a bit more "amp'd up" than those two but.....is a bit odd if M isn't going to be in it so much.....then again, this is an odd song so perhaps it's fitting!

Just now, dcbyebyebaby said:

Yes this song would benefit from being at least 6 minutes. Its great as it is but it really feels like the type of song that should be over 6 minutes.

I SWEAR I thought this one was over 6 minutes but I must be confusing it with another.....perhaps Extreme Occident?

3 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

YES! I hope the little turds are getting SCHOOLED.....if not, they will be soon cuz you know they're all gonna listen to it.

Regarding the video, is it possible that it may not be an actual music video but more just a "visual" like the audio videos for I Rise and Crave? Obviously, this would be a bit more "amp'd up" than those two but.....is a bit odd if M isn't going to be in it so much.....then again, this is an odd song so perhaps it's fitting!

I don't think it will be your typical music video as the song isn't just a typical song either.  Though, I think it will be considered a "music video".   Anymore, it gets confusing what are visuals and what are music videos... like in the same vein as... what are promotional releases and singles. LOL!  I know there is a difference, but for most people who don't pay closely attention, may not see much of a difference. 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

3 minutes ago, Amelia said:

Yeah, I just get the impression that some are expecting her to release all these catchy pop songs when this album seems to be about her artistry.  I like the idea that each song so far has been pretty different from one another.

And wow, you're going to be on the Stonewall Float!  How exciting. HAVE FUN! 

It's interesting because all the "missed opportunities" for singles that most people site over the last couple of albums like Gang Bang, Falling Free, Love Spent, Joan Of Arc, Devil Pray etc....none sound like traditional "singles" to me but I do agree that they're among the best of those albums. Seems like this time she's really going more that route,  a sort of "NTP" approach to her singles (minus Crave....that one DOES sound like a radio hit to my ears anyways) releasing Medellin first, then I Rise as a teaser now this......Future is catchy af but with all it's distortions and such, not sure if it'd be a good "single".

Anyways, loving her approach this time. Seems like she's giving us all sorts of flavors, an "anything goes" kind of feel.

5 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I SWEAR I thought this one was over 6 minutes but I must be confusing it with another.....perhaps Extreme Occident?

According to the times listed on Wikipedia, God Control is the longest track coming in at over six minutes.  Killers Who Are Partying is over five minutes long and is the second longest track.

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

It's interesting because all the "missed opportunities" for singles that most people site over the last couple of albums like Gang Bang, Falling Free, Love Spent, Joan Of Arc, Devil Pray etc....none sound like traditional "singles" to me but I do agree that they're among the best of those albums. Seems like this time she's really going more that route,  a sort of "NTP" approach to her singles (minus Crave....that one DOES sound like a radio hit to my ears anyways) releasing Medellin first, then I Rise as a teaser now this......Future is catchy af but with all it's distortions and such, not sure if it'd be a good "single".

Anyways, loving her approach this time. Seems like she's giving us all sorts of flavors, an "anything goes" kind of feel.

Yeah, I only look as if "Medellin" and "Crave" are true singles since both have been served for general consumption.  But anymore, she no longer has support to chart, so I'm all for her going the artistic route and then see what sticks.

I did wish she did go forth on her idea for a Gang Bang video even if she couldn't get Quentin T., she could have gotten someone else who may have been able to direct her vision. 

"Crave" is probably the closest we're going to get to chart success! 

1 hour ago, YannBouch said:

It’s hard the believe Medellín and Dark ballet are next to each other on the same album. What a bold album 

That was my thought too. I adore the fact that the album starts with Medellin and turns into Dark Ballet. We can really expect the unexpected after this. 

I LOVE Dark Ballet. Future left me a bit cold but this really made me shiver again! 

My fav keeps being I Rise followed by Medellin. Third comes Dark Ballet. But they're so different that it's almost impossible to rank! 

She will be in the video a small amount maybe because it's someone else's story? Just a hunch. It looks epic. 

5 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

She will be in the video a small amount maybe because it's someone else's story? Just a hunch. It looks epic. 

Yes..  I looks like she is some kind of "narrator or  a expectator" of all this injustice .. 🤔

Pretty certain going off by all the interviews and social media output that MX will be a visual album. My thoughts were confirmed when M said she has been going through “back2back video shoots” with no sleep in the NYT article. ❤️❤️❤️

Wow, right from the beginning, I was mesmerized and loving the dark beats. Then when the piano solo started, I was so completely sold.  HUGE HUGE kudos to Mirwais and Madonna coming up with something so different and theatrical.  It's so BEAUTIFUL, CREATIVE, HAUNTING, and so MASTERFUL!!! This will be so perfect for the Madame X  tour with the video as a backdrop. I can't wait to see what Madonna and her dancers put together for this performance and story. STUNNED! She does it again!!! YAYYY GO MADONNA~~~~

2 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

I actually think it would have worked better if it was a bit longer

Yes! 7 min! This is a Madonna song, experimental, not following trends. I'm happy she made a video for this one!!! Unexpectedonna! Can't wait for tmrw!!!!

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

People were right about Madame X will divide some of the fans. 

Can’t wait to hear this. 

The leotard-nostalgic queens will make themselves heard for sure

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

I do believe the “think outside the box” stuff that was mentioned to me is starting to make sense in this context...she’s not chasing radio or releasing singles in the typical ways...or releasing videos that necessarily are singles...she’s just unleashing a plethora of fresh, forward thinking art and we’re all just gonna have to deal! 

Cant wait for Pride!!! I’m gonna be on the Stonewall Float! 

We’ve got 3 MVs before the album even comes out. We don’t deserve her!