“Dark Ballet” thread

17 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

This is some classic Madonna/Mirwais shit right here!!

I'm blown away by this one. What an absolute mindfuck of a song. This will most definitely not be everyone's cup of tea.....but I think most M fans that like stuff like Mer Girl, Paradise, AL album etc will like this one. Not single material in the slightest so props to her for having the balls to release this (the way it's looking now anyways) as a single. 

This is about a million miles away from Bitch I'm Madonna (which I do love too)! I'm simply in awe of her continued ability to change up her sound to the point where it's like listening to a different artist altogether. If it wasn't evident already, this should drive the point home that Madame X isn't necessarily all about that "perfect single". She's going for a vibe here. For years some of her fans have wanted her to release something along the lines of this. Sorry, but even if there is a perfect "disco banger" on the album, quite frankly, I don't think she's that concerned with it. It's not about that this time.

I agree totally. The diversity of the five songs released so far is impressive!

1 minute ago, YannBouch said:

In a odd way it kinda of a tribute to Daenerys 

Oooooh!!! I like! 

The only thing that bothers me are the clicks during the piano part. If you listen with earphones they are very prominent on the left side. I can also hear some on Crave and at the end of Future. I don't know how they can go unnoticed by M's team.

Just now, Kurt420 said:

Ok, fourth listen now

Image result for dead gif

I LOVE this woman more than ever!!! HOW does she do this to me every time!?!?

God bless you Madonna!! 🙌

I know right. I love the fact that we already knew parts of the lyrics. It’s easier to learn. 

Just now, DanM said:

The only thing that bothers me are the clicks during the piano part. If you listen with earphones they are very prominent on the left side. I can also hear some on Crave and at the end of Future. I don't know how they can go unnoticed by M's team.

I thought it was in my AirPods ...(the problem) 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Dark Ballet is definitely one that isn't going to be liked by everyone.  Though, upon first listening, I instantly thought this will probably be more suited with a visual.  And then I saw that Madonna posted a teaser for the video. I can't wait to see that. 

I agree with @Kurt420 when he says it's on the lines of her more experimental artsy songs like Mer Girl, Paradise, etc.  To me, it's more of a production rather a song. I can definitely see this working well on a theater stage when she tours and again in a video.  

My favorite part is the spoken part. I love her voice on that part.  What a ride she's giving us.  So far each release has been very different from one another, with exception of the heavy vocal effects on most of them.  I'm hoping there will be a song or two where we hear more of her natural vocals. 

20 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

Back when she was sane you know haha 

I’ve erased season 8 from my memory so 😂

It is the whole Beautiful Game from Met Gala performance including the piano part then suddenly shifts to the Nutcracker tune, with the weird sounds first then the dramatic spoken words from the Eurovision performance. Sounds like it slowly transitions into the next track.

Question here... some people say Madonna only appears on the video like 2 seconds because the video is out in NZ/AUS, are we sure about that?.. it's rare that if that's the case the video is not around the web already like the song. Were they inventing or something?

38 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

It’s hard the believe Medellín and Dark ballet are next to each other on the same album. What a bold album 

True! I still think each song will be so different! Mirwais was definitely right! It's a global-futuristic album!!!

24 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

WTF? You have to be LOYAL to me. 

:lol:

U already know the one you create is going on an official playlist(s) on itunes and Spotify and prob burnt to a damn CD too!! ❤️

Just now, Kurt420 said:

:lol:

U already know the one you create is going on an official playlist(s) on itunes and Spotify and prob burnt to a damn CD too!! ❤️

I am seriously pissed off. FUCK YOU, I already created a special playlist FOR YOU, KURT420, featuring GOD CONTROL AND ACT OF CONTRITION AND EROTICA, don't get in the way with my playlist project. I feel like slapping a toddler now. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

For those few who have been overly vocal about not liking Dark Ballet,  you might want to stop thinking of her for just producing a "catchy song" for general consumption, and think of her interested in sharing an experimental aesthetic which most likely will come more together for some when the video is released.  Still, I don't expect everyone to get it.  Though, I'm sure this release is not intended for radio consumption.  At this point, radio doesn't really play her, so she's looking outside the box and letting her artistry and vision drive this particular release.  I don't know about you, but for the past decade or so I've been digging how Madonna doesn't just come up with only catchy infectious pop songs.  She seems to serve a smorgasbord of styles and artistry anymore.  Each album, she seems to explore more artistically.  I've always thought she was a visual artist, so I think Dark Ballet is a very fitting sampling to deliver to the world, five songs in.  I'm sure there will be some catchy songs on the album, but for me, not every song on the album has to be this infectious dance banger some are begging for.  😉

7 minutes ago, Amelia said:

For those few who have been overly vocal about not liking Dark Ballet,  you might want to stop thinking of her for just producing a "catchy song" for general consumption, and think of her interested in sharing an experimental aesthetic which most likely will come more together for some when the video is released.  Still, I don't expect everyone to get it.  Though, I'm sure this release is not intended for radio consumption.  At this point, radio doesn't really play her, so she's looking outside the box and letting her artistry and vision drive this particular release.  I don't know about you, but for the past decade or so I've been digging how Madonna doesn't just come up with only catchy infectious pop songs.  She seems to serve a smorgasbord of styles and artistry anymore.  Each album, she seems to explore more artistically.  I've always thought she was a visual artist, so I think Dark Ballet is a very fitting sampling to deliver to the world, five songs in.  I'm sure there will be some catchy songs on the album, but for me, not every song on the album has to be this infectious dance banger some are begging for.  😉

I do believe the “think outside the box” stuff that was mentioned to me is starting to make sense in this context...she’s not chasing radio or releasing singles in the typical ways...or releasing videos that necessarily are singles...she’s just unleashing a plethora of fresh, forward thinking art and we’re all just gonna have to deal! 

Cant wait for Pride!!! I’m gonna be on the Stonewall Float! 

1 minute ago, Alain Delon said:

Wow! That's amazing! I'm sure this is going to be awesome live (for those who have tickets). One more week and we'll hear the full album!

Live with a visual presentation, dancers and a live pianist breaking it all into that frenzied piano bit...I think it’s gonna be fantastic! 

I’m actually not interested in a Madonna music video that doesn’t feature Madonna, but I am absolutely on the edge of my seat to hear the song at midnight!

1 minute ago, Shane said:

I’m actually not interested in a Madonna music video that doesn’t feature Madonna, but I am absolutely on the edge of my seat to hear the song at midnight!

Me too. Hope the 5 seconds cameo is not true.