“Dark Ballet” thread

1 minute ago, bitsy said:

Just listen to the 30 second preview at least it's literally so good, a taste of paradise.

I can’t do it. I want to experience the full magic of putting that CD in the stereo and blasting the fuck out of a new Madonna album on my speakers like all the times previous.

1 minute ago, Ray Finkle said:

You're welcome x)

That song is dope ! I'm in love with that piano, it's Madonna meets Bowie meets Björk !

:drama:

Tomorrow cant come soon enough 

11 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

You can directly hear a 30-sec preview here (it's official)

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/madame-x-deluxe/1459938538

This doesn’t work for me in the US, just fyi to anyone else ... on my cellphone, anyway. It opens my app, where I have the Madame X tracks already released, but I can’t listen to a snippet of Dark Ballet yet.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, @Nonoka! Looks like I’ll have to wait just a little longer! I keep telling myself I can make it til midnight. (The work day will go fast — it’s the last few hours that seem to drag.)

2 minutes ago, peter said:

This doesn’t work for me in the US, just fyi to anyone else ... on my cellphone, anyway. It opens my app, where I have the Madame X tracks already released, but I can’t listen to a snippet of Dark Ballet yet.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, @Nonoka! Looks like I’ll have to wait just a little longer! I keep telling myself I can make it til midnight. (The work day will go fast — it’s the last few hours that seem to drag.)

There are other video links in the thread. Posted before that. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

I will not renounce (...) for my sweet Lord
(...) fight against the anguish
I'm a (...) fighter (...)
God is on my side and I'll be (fine ?)
I am not a freak (...)
(...)
Say that I'm a witch and burn me at the stake (...)
I won't be (...) 

I deciphered a little more...

I will not denounce the things that I have said
I will not renounce my faith in my sweet Lord
(…)
(...) fight against the anguish
I'm a lover not a fighter (...)
God is on my side and I'll be fine
I am not a f reak (...)
You can cut my hair
Tell me (…)
Say that I'm a witch and burn me at the stake
(...)
I won't give in

I love it! Listening to it in full. That piano going into the synths and then the Tchaikovsky sample is brilliant! Very Laurie Anderson/Bjork in that bit. Love it, the Bohemian Rhapsody comparisons are kinda apt. 

3 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Apparently Madonna only appears for like 5 seconds. Probably the scene we already saw with the veil.

:wacko:what the fuck

How is the production? The song seems to remind a little bit Wash all over me (which I love but think the production killed the song)

Edited by Geiger83

1 minute ago, Geiger83 said:

How is the production? The song seems to remind a little bit Wash all over me (which I love but think the production killed the song)

Adventurous is the best way to describe it. It's beautiful. 

Just now, Ugly Hecty said:

Adventurous is the best way to describe it. It's beautiful. 

Thanks, I am sure it is great. I am hoping for a clean production (mastering etc.) though. So far I am very happy with the 4 releases and how they sound clean (Future is an small exception, but I think it is intentional)

11 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

There are other video links in the thread. Posted before that. 

Thanks! Yes, I just saw the vid sample.

I hope the sound of Madonna’s breath is her extinguishing the flames at the stake to save “Joan of Arc.”

12 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Apparently Madonna only appears for like 5 seconds. Probably the scene we already saw with the veil.

Like Veronica on the Via Dolorosa perhaps?

1 minute ago, Geiger83 said:

Thanks, I am sure it is great. I am hoping for a clean production (mastering etc.) though. So far I am very happy with the 4 releases and how they sound clean (Future is an small exception, but I think it is intentional)

This is about as clean and crisp as it gets. I’m pretty sure I hear the twins join her in blowing at the very end before she takes her final gasp of air at the stake. 

It’s one of those rare pieces that leaves you feeling despair and loss; the loss of life rather than romantic love. It’s extremely effective. One of her best...the boy/girl juxtaposition feels like a throwback to American Life as it’s presented here, and the vocodered second act to Tchaikovsky is simply brilliant in its execution. The distortion draws you in to decipher her words, which is what makes the return to the minor chord death march outro so devastating. 

Im in ❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥

1 minute ago, Herfaceremains said:

This is about as clean and crisp as it gets. I’m pretty sure I hear the twins join her in blowing at the very end before she takes her final gasp of air at the stake. 

It’s one of those rare pieces that leaves you feeling despair and loss; the loss of life rather than romantic love. It’s extremely effective. One of her best...the boy/girl juxtaposition feels like a throwback to American Life as it’s presented here, and the vocodered second act to Tchaikovsky is simply brilliant in its execution. The distortion draws you in to decipher her words, which is what makes the return to the minor chord death march outro so devastating. 

Im in ❤️❤️❤️🔥🔥🔥

Wow! Thank you so much for the details😘 I can barely wait!!!

On first listen I was like WTF but after a few more listens the shock at everything settles and it’s really very good. This album is going to be wild 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:07 AM, alcermag said:

I'm thinking that DB will be single because:

1. THIS SONG LOOKS PROMISING in every way

2. The track comes out one week before the album, so the day of the album release she can drop the video to get more attention

3. The backdrop of Eurovision, visuals are stunning (that may or not come from the music video)

4. This scenes looks for me to be part of the music video that could be filmed by Emmanuel Adjei, this pic reminds me that heads of state tried to silence Joan of Arc, to shout her mouth. Emmanuel Adjei posted on his IG a pic of Joan of Arc 

image.thumb.png.6dd2228925809e7bdc92c403d329a434.png

I'm starting to think that I'm right about DB being single

I really like it. I think the Bohemian Rhapsody comparison is over-selling it a bit as it gives the impression there are more parts to the song, when actually there are two clear halves. Love the piano and the production that kicks in in the second half is really cool. Also love the spoken word.