“Dark Ballet” thread

4 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

The backdrop for Eurovision with the veiled Madonna in tears seems to be from somewhere, whether just for the tour, performance or possible visual accompanying it.

I took it as a reference to a famous Gloria Swanson photo by Edward Steichen.

Although I thought she had referenced this before but I can’t picture it right now.

A612234E-64F2-4A2D-A4E8-AF4B74B7B05C.jpeg

2 hours ago, cardiganstarlet said:

Although I thought she had referenced this before but I can’t picture it right now.

A612234E-64F2-4A2D-A4E8-AF4B74B7B05C.jpeg

Backdrop for Sticky & Sweet Tour “Vogue”?

(She also has a beautiful Testino still photo from the Evita era where she is wearing a black veil, but the lace is not patterned like this.)

4 hours ago, peter said:

MY THEORY:

I think it's more related to catholic culture, where the women used to go to church with these (black or white), so this could relate with the backdrop when we saw the priest and monks, and the possition that M did looks like when people go and receive communion.

Imagen relacionada

image.png

Edited by alcermag

3 hours ago, alcermag said:

MY THEORY:

I think it's more related to catholic culture, where the women used to go to church with these (black or white), so this could relate with the backdrop when we saw the priest and monks, and the possition that M did looks like when people go and receive communion.

Imagen relacionada

image.png

That s what I saw in Spain during the Easter week

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwVCduoln-t/?igshid=zbb17nvw4za7

TGINF Thank God It's NEXT Friday !

35 minutes ago, idro said:

That s what I saw in Spain during the Easter week

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwVCduoln-t/?igshid=zbb17nvw4za7

Normally the "mantilla” doesn't cover the face except for more extreme forms of expression during Spanish Easter. But I do agree that Madonna's is related to church widow attire. 

17 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Normally the "mantilla” doesn't cover the face except for more extreme forms of expression during Spanish Easter. But I do agree that Madonna's is related to church widow attire. 

Yes you are right

When I was there I felt the same goosepumps I had during the MDNA girlgonewild tour intro lol

6 hours ago, idro said:

Yes you are right

When I was there I felt the same goosepumps I had during the MDNA girlgonewild tour intro lol

Spanish Easter is a experience I highly recommend. From the austere and serious rites from Castille to the lacrimose hysterical moments  in Andalusia to the deafening sound of drums in Aragon... 

10 hours ago, alcermag said:

MY THEORY:

Imagen relacionada

image.png

Beautiful. I love when she wears veils!  

IMG_1380.JPG

31 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

It appears the song has the spoken word parts from the Eurovision performance, judging by the professional reviews

I think it’s obvious that those are the verses “beautiful game” as we know it would be the bridge-choruses ...

at least IMO

On 5/28/2019 at 5:50 PM, karbatal said:

Spanish Easter is a experience I highly recommend. From the austere and serious rites from Castille to the lacrimose hysterical moments  in Andalusia to the deafening sound of drums in Aragon... 

Compelling!

On 5/27/2019 at 9:27 PM, peter said:

Backdrop for Sticky & Sweet Tour “Vogue”?

(She also has a beautiful Testino still photo from the Evita era where she is wearing a black veil, but the lace is not patterned like this.)

It also reminded me of this one taken by Alek Keshishian

EvAK.png

14 minutes ago, Napoléon said:

I'm really looking forward to this song. I intrigued how the Nutcracker sample is worked in. Less than 2 weeks until the album comes out!!

I fully expect this to be the best pre-release song we will receive.

5 hours ago, Bat-Fan said:

Is Dark Ballet supposed to be a proper single with a video or just promo song?

It’s just another promo song. She may release Killers Who Are Partying a week after the album’s release. 

48 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It’s just another promo song. She may release Killers Who Are Partying a week after the album’s release. 

That would be great. Didn't she film 2 unreleased music videos already?

3 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

She also may release Batuka. Or Crazy. Or God Control. Or Extreme Occident. Or Faz Gostoso. Or anything else, really.

Nothing has been confirmed at this point.

3 more days (Thur) we will start hearing from fans in NZ and other territories what the song is about and sounds like