“Dark Ballet” thread

5 hours ago, peter said:

She also workshopped before the MDNA tour. It was also partially an audition process for that tour, though that aspect may not apply to the Madame X workshop.

On MDNA, there was the chair performance to an instrumental from the WE soundtrack, and some slacklining footage was shown with Falling Free playing. (She may never have intended to slackline with that song, but it was known that she was fond of the song and wanted to include it. I think she even indicated she would have wanted to release it as a single if she were able to choose for herself.)

Oh yea. the mdna tour workshops too. I think those are on the mdna tour and rebel heart tour dvd's.

10 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Any rumors of Dark Ballet having a video release?

There are rumors about it  being filmed in the theatre with the drag queens.

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Disco stomper :wow:

Lol, this never gets old, the video with drag queens the disco stomper. Urban myth

13 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Lol, this never gets old, the video with drag queens the disco stomper. Urban myth

:lol:

Oh, the words "disco stomper" already have a place in our hearts next to "soon" and "dance in a different way"

Just like those few hours when everyone was convinced I Rise was the "disco stomper with drag queens in the video" 💀

12 hours ago, karbatal said:

:lol:

Oh, the words "disco stomper" already have a place in our hearts next to "soon" and "dance in a different way"

I will always remember "We need more windows in hell" from those times. *sighs*

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

It was for American Life album, the song 'Mother and Father', ¿am I right? 

No it was when they were doing the descriptions for the Rebel Heart demos 

26 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

No it was when they were doing the descriptions for the Rebel Heart demos 

No, it goes further than that! 

Edit: oh, my God, I'm going crazy, I was so sure this was from the AL era! 

11 minutes ago, karbatal said:

No it's definitely from RH

The backdrop for Eurovision with the veiled Madonna in tears seems to be from somewhere, whether just for the tour, performance or possible visual accompanying it.

How is the drag queen video an urban myth? It was shot. I think those that fell for "I Rise" and "Crave" being some disco track were in for a disappointment either way. If it isn't for a single release, it'll be part of a long form doc or thing Madonna usually does though the teased images push for a single/video especially with PRIDE coming, would be the perfect timing for it.

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

It does! I remember reading it on the mtribe forum but i thought it was from the confessions era along a "song" that was about a gay boy named billie that had everyone crying but would make u dance in a different way 😂😂😂 but maybe the phrase just keeps getting repeated.

2 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

That’s for Killers. 🙂

So far it's been for all tracks LOL.

If the drag queens video turns out to be for a R&B song I will literally wet myself from laughing so hard. 

Having said that, I do wanna hear Dark Ballet so much. I’m ready for Dramadonna to slay me again. 

40 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

If the drag queens video turns out to be for a R&B song I will literally wet myself from laughing so hard. 

Having said that, I do wanna hear Dark Ballet so much. I’m ready for Dramadonna to slay me again. 

I'm sorta hoping it is for some sort of spoken word hip hop infused midtempo. Preferably featuring Anitta LOL.

Allegedly Dark Ballet is an electro R'n'B disco stomper that is also 60s girl group homage