“Dark Ballet” thread

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

I was joking about the disco / drag queen stuffs.I thought they would have had all the music videos and the visuals don  by now .

It would be like a proper Madame X package musical experience .

However am excited and I hope I can get tickets to see her in London .

Ohh I see I know the video gets joked about a lot in here I'm begeining to think the whole thing is an urban myth. 😂

I agree with you about having all the visuals done. She spent months shooting visuals I thought she had all videos ready so I was shocked when Crave dropped and didn't have a video already so she has had to shoot it this month.

Im guessing the visuals she has shot are for the tour. 

33 minutes ago, Toni said:

Oh no, not disco stomper with a casio keyboard!! :headbang::lmao:

Nooo, in DB at the Eurovision she had the image of the church which led me to think what she filmed in Portugal was for that video. The one where she was not allowed bring her horse!

I hope it's as lush and as stunning as  Medellin . I want to see stunning videos this era .🤩

34 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Ohh I see I know the video gets joked about a lot in here I'm begeining to think the whole thing is an urban myth. 😂

I agree with you about having all the visuals done. She spent months shooting visuals I thought she had all videos ready so I was shocked when Crave dropped and didn't have a video already so she has had to shoot it this month.

Im guessing the visuals she has shot are for the tour. 

I hope it's an urban myth at this point 😆. It will be like the Black Madonna cover we didn't get to see.

Do you think Crave was planned as a second single ? It seems almost last minute to me . 

10 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

I hope it's an urban myth at this point 😆. It will be like the Black Madonna cover we didn't get to see.

Do you think Crave was planned as a second single ? It seems almost last minute to me . 

I'd love to see those black Madonna pictures.....the shoot did take place didn't it and then the whole thing abandoned afterwards?

No I don't think Crave was planned from the beginning hence the video being shot this month after its initial realease.

I think there's been changes for whatever reason, just my humble opinion but the fact she has shot a music video in February and we still haven't seen it is evidence of that....unless it was never a music video at all and a tour backdrop or part of something else.

But I believe whatever song it is for in the theartre that song was planned to be released as part of the build up to Madame X dropping but has been moved on to be a single later on.

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I'd love to see those black Madonna pictures.....the shoot did take place didn't it and then the whole thing abandoned afterwards?

No I don't think Crave was planned from the beginning hence the video being shot this month after its initial realease.

I think there's been changes for whatever reason, just my humble opinion but the fact she has shot a music video in February and we still haven't seen it is evidence of that....unless it was never a music video at all and a tour backdrop or part of something else.

But I believe whatever song it is for in the theartre that song was planned to be released as part of the build up to Madame X dropping but has been moved on to be a single later on.

I think the forum and the internet  will probably explode if those photos show up on any social media platform . 

It seems like she had something else ( with visuals ) ready to be released and then suddenly it was Crave with no video and her look in the video is not 

any of the character from Madame X. So I'm a little confused but I'm looking forward to whatever she's going to release from Madame X .

I didn't like Future at all so am looking forward to the pure Mirwais tracks . 

Just now, Butter9 said:

It seems like she had something else ( with visuals ) ready to be released and then suddenly it was Crave with no video and her look in the video is not 

any of the character from Madame X. So I'm a little confused but I'm looking forward to whatever she's going to release from Madame X .

I didn't like Future at all so am looking forward to the pure Mirwais tracks . 

She has filmed lots of visuals so it's a mystery.

I agree about the Crave video image it seems to be a Madonna image not a Madame X image. I don't like Future either but I a, so excited for the other Mirwais tracks, Music is one of Ms finest hours in my opinion.

I think there was a change for sure but all will be revealed....

10 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I agree about the Crave video image it seems to be a Madonna image not a Madame X image. I don't like Future either but I a, so excited for the other Mirwais tracks, Music is one of Ms finest hours in my opinion.

Music will forever be in Top 3 of my all time Best Madonna's album . 

#soon 

2 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

#soon 

Your a man after my own heart. Music was a modern masterpiece she really tapped into something so fresh, funky and yet personal and interesting all at the same time. 

And Music is easily one of her very best ever lead singles. The song is a pop orgasm and Madonna at her pop best.

22 minutes ago, Butter9 said:

#soon 

Same here but so is American Life. So I am particularly excited for this album.

My other slot goes to Like A Prayer 🙂

Very curious and excited about Dark Ballet!

The rumors were always for a double single approach — a Latin market single and another single. The head of Maverick later confirmed “Crave” was the pop radio single, and they intend to continue pushing Medellín through remixes.

Video shoot schedules depend on a lot of people’s availability — considering Maluma and Swae Lee are involved on camera, and Madonna probably had strong opinions for directors, who also needed to be available. Just because the videos seem to be shot “out of sequence” to us does not mean that they made last minute changes for single releases. 

And, as you all have mentioned multiple times, some of the footage shot could be for tour visuals rather than traditional music videos for single releases. We’ll have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, peter said:

Very curious and excited about Dark Ballet!

The rumors were always for a double single approach — a Latin market single and another single. The head of Maverick later confirmed “Crave” was the pop radio single, and they intend to continue pushing Medellín through remixes.

Video shoot schedules depend on a lot of people’s availability — considering Maluma and Swae Lee are involved on camera, and Madonna probably had strong opinions for directors, who also needed to be available. Just because the videos seem to be shot “out of sequence” to us does not mean that they made last minute changes for single releases. 

And, as you all have mentioned multiple times, some of the footage shot could be for tour visuals rather than traditional music videos for single releases. We’ll have to wait and see.

This is very true and makes sense. 

But she's never ever made a video and waited 4 months (and counting) to release it ever. Which makes one wonder if there was a change in releases. 

She’s also never released a teaser for an album with THAT MANY looks before, too! It seems like uncharted territory. The “theatre/LA/drag queen” shoot is not the only one that we’ve heard about but not seen in full form. There are Lisbon shoots, too. So there may be several videos shot and sitting, waiting. Yes, it is quite unusual for her.

But she has to be headed into tour rehearsal mode soon, too, so ... may explain why she is working ahead a great deal. (Yes, she can shoot some visuals during rehearsals, but not as many as when she is not rehearsing...)

Just now, peter said:

She’s also never released a teaser for an album with THAT MANY looks before, too! It seems like uncharted territory. The “theatre/LA/drag queen” shoot is not the only one that we’ve heard about but not seen in full form. There are Lisbon shoots, too. So there may be several videos shot and sitting, waiting. Yes, it is quite unusual for her.

But she has to be headed into tour rehearsal mode soon, too, so ... may explain why she is working ahead a great deal. (Yes, she can shoot some visuals during rehearsals, but not as many as when she is not rehearsing...)

This is true.

Maybe the plan is to extend the era beyond June 15th when she will be locked in tour rehearsals then going on tour so they'll videos releasesed then. What makes me think that's not the case is that there doesn't seem to be a single strategy this time, it's all about offering different aspects of the album to drive sales of Madame X.

We shall see it's all so exciting.

I am enjoying the rollout of music but I feel it's becoming a bit muddy. I would have preferred a two single situation with two videos then all the previews. Medellín could have been pushed more even at Eurovision with Maluma as a hologram maybe. Anyway I'm looking forward to know more about dark ballet 

How do we know she's started tour rehearsals?

It seems quite early to me... especially with it being a significantly smaller show

23 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

I am enjoying the rollout of music but I feel it's becoming a bit muddy. I would have preferred a two single situation with two videos then all the previews. Medellín could have been pushed more even at Eurovision with Maluma as a hologram maybe. Anyway I'm looking forward to know more about dark ballet 

Exactly my thoughts. Imagine the Medellin BMA perfomance at Eurovision and right after as second song Music with an uplifting perfomance. That would have worked.

18 minutes ago, rayofgod said:

How do we know she's started tour rehearsals?

It seems quite early to me... especially with it being a significantly smaller show

I dont think anyone said she started rehearsals. I think they were thinking she would start soon after June 14th. As you said the show is smaller so maybe she will only need like July and August to rehearse.   

13 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I'm hoping for a killer video for this ( if there is one ) where she serves Sugar Plum Fairy Realness . 

Love what I've heard so far .

It's Joan of Arc inspired though. Even the footage on the screens seemed to be Madonna in the black veil. I wouldn't be surprised if she filmed something for this though it'd be either Joan on the nose or something dark.

4 hours ago, Jim34 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Imagine the Medellin BMA perfomance at Eurovision and right after as second song Music with an uplifting perfomance. That would have worked.

But then no one would have talked about it (besides fans) and it would fizzle out quickly (like the BB awards performance). Madonna created controversy and publicity with this performance (regardless of who hated it for whatever reason). The detractors can say whatever they want...but they are keeping her ever so relevant. 

4 hours ago, samosamosamo said:

I think releasing multiple tracks would have worked better for Rebel Heart since the leak happened and there were so many tracks on the album. For Madame X, I agree that they should have just stuck with Medellin and actually pushed it on radio and have the performance at Eurovision. Then focus on Crave when the album drops. There's going to be confusion now. I'm sure the majority of the 200 million people who watched Eurovision think "Future" is the new single.

1 hour ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I think releasing multiple tracks would have worked better for Rebel Heart since the leak happened and there were so many tracks on the album. For Madame X, I agree that they should have just stuck with Medellin and actually pushed it on radio and have the performance at Eurovision. Then focus on Crave when the album drops. There's going to be confusion now. I'm sure the majority of the 200 million people who watched Eurovision think "Future" is the new single.

I don’t think people really think in terms of singles anymore, though, unless you’re a big radio artist like Ariana Grande.  Artists think in terms of multiple pre-release tracks. Madonna is actually going above and beyond, because instead of just dropping four songs to streaming platforms one by one, she is actually focusing on each of them in different ways (videos for two, live performance for Future, etc.) So while I get what you are saying, I don’t think that’s the way things work anymore.

11 hours ago, Confessit said:

Your a man after my own heart. Music was a modern masterpiece she really tapped into something so fresh, funky and yet personal and interesting all at the same time. 

And Music is easily one of her very best ever lead singles. The song is a pop orgasm and Madonna at her pop best.

I connected with Music and after ROL it was a breath of fresh air . Music is fun, carefree but personal as well and the visuals ( the covers etc ) were AMAZING.

10 hours ago, Shane said:

Same here but so is American Life. So I am particularly excited for this album.

My other slot goes to Like A Prayer 🙂

I didn't connect with AL at all. The fact that she was forced ( I think ) to tone down the concept and the visuals for the album didn't help either .

6 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

It's Joan of Arc inspired though. Even the footage on the screens seemed to be Madonna in the black veil. I wouldn't be surprised if she filmed something for this though it'd be either Joan on the nose or something dark.

Is there going to be a video to this ? I hope so . I hope the Mirwais produced tracks or at least some of them are infused with samples of classical music .

1 minute ago, Butter9 said:

I connected with Music and after ROL it was a breath of fresh air . Music is fun, carefree but personal as well and the visuals ( the covers etc ) were AMAZING.

I didn't connect with AL at all. The fact that she was forced ( I think ) to tone down the concept and the visuals for the album didn't help either .

Is there going to be a video to this ? I hope so . I hope the Mirwais produced tracks or at least some of them are infused with samples of classical music .

I have no idea. During Eurovision, footage on the screen showed her (I think it's her) in a black veil while she recited lines from Dark Ballet.

13 hours ago, Confessit said:

At least she still has the Madame X eyepatch!

Her dancing at Eurovision is actually quite impressive once you remember she has no depth perception——as her one eye is covered by an eyepatch. Those stairs!

Edited by imakicola

8 hours ago, dylanciccone_ said:

I have no idea. During Eurovision, footage on the screen showed her (I think it's her) in a black veil while she recited lines from Dark Ballet.

I hope there is . I have a good feeling about this one .