“Dark Ballet” thread

On 5/9/2019 at 10:22 PM, alen said:

Mirwais hints a lot of Kubrick references about his and Madonnas work, Hal 9000, Moloko Korova bar... I think that Killers (droogs) who are partying (in Korova milk bar) is inspired by Clockwork orange

Tnks , that s really interesting

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, Lolo said:

I bet on something like:

Its a beautiful game

that you like to play

but I won’t be part

of your Dark Ballet...

:lol: 

This sounds really good

54 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

SO this will be the first full Mirways track right??

Yes, in terms of both writing and production, this is just Madonna and Mirwais. There are five such tracks on Madame X: Dark Ballet, God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, Extreme Occident, and I Don't Search I Find (six if you include Batuka where David has a writing credit).

the music is from the nutcracker, however I used shazam and it says "Dark Ballet (Live)" so did it recognize the text? at the mid-gala it was just "Dark Ballet" without "live"

3 hours ago, Toni said:

Just by that spoken bit, Dark Ballet is my new favorite song from Madam ❌

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Is the spoken word part that she performed from Dark Ballet? I love how dark and creative it sounds 

Im also excited for Dark Balet! This spoken part is everything and more!! 

Her performance has me hyped for this one now too!! So glad she got to deliver even just a little piece of this song to so many people around the world, just as she wanted. I feel like the Mirwais tracks on Madame X are going to be something special.

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Her performance has me hyped for this one now too!! So glad she got to deliver even just a little piece of this song to so many people around the world, just as she wanted. I feel like the Mirwais tracks on Madame X are going to be something special.

Yes I think we are in for experimental heaven from the rest of the tracks. 

Some info from a supposed insider at Madonna-Infinity. Not sure if I believe or not, but posting so its here in this thread for future reference.

"No, the intro is similar to Future Lovers and a hint of spoken Rescue Me. (That might be very subjective). She sings Dark Ballet in a very haunting voice. The arrangement is pretty much the same as the Met Gala performance, but much more dramatic and orchestral with sound effects. Very advant-garde. You disbelievers will stop complaining. This song will shut your mouth for sure. Very interesting production with chopped sinister strings that "stops" abruptly. Very Mirwais. Reminiscent to another fan favourite song he also produced for a movie. 😉 "Dark Ballet" is one of the more multi-dimensional, sonically innovative produced tracks. Lots of piano, violin and dramatic effects. 

I've heard she's been using some innovative new studio teqniques creating new sound effects for a more sonically unorthodox mix of effects. A landscape of sound effects to the right and left fields of your speakers."

I'm hoping for a killer video for this ( if there is one ) where she serves Sugar Plum Fairy Realness . 

Love what I've heard so far .

8 hours ago, YannBouch said:

can someone post the speaking lyrics 

"They are so naive – they think we are not aware of their crimes.

We know, but we’re just not ready to act.

The storm isn’t in the air, it’s inside of us.

I want to tell you about love and loneliness.

But it’s getting late now.

Can’t you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie, the wind that’s beginning to howl?"

4 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Some info from a supposed insider at Madonna-Infinity. Not sure if I believe or not, but posting so its here in this thread for future reference.

"No, the intro is similar to Future Lovers and a hint of spoken Rescue Me. (That might be very subjective). She sings Dark Ballet in a very haunting voice. The arrangement is pretty much the same as the Met Gala performance, but much more dramatic and orchestral with sound effects. Very advant-garde. You disbelievers will stop complaining. This song will shut your mouth for sure. Very interesting production with chopped sinister strings that "stops" abruptly. Very Mirwais. Reminiscent to another fan favourite song he also produced for a movie. 😉 "Dark Ballet" is one of the more multi-dimensional, sonically innovative produced tracks. Lots of piano, violin and dramatic effects. 

I've heard she's been using some innovative new studio teqniques creating new sound effects for a more sonically unorthodox mix of effects. A landscape of sound effects to the right and left fields of your speakers."

Can t wait , love everything I ve heard so far about this album....she s an incredible Artist

3 hours ago, Butter9 said:

I'm hoping for a killer video for this ( if there is one ) where she serves Sugar Plum Fairy Realness . 

Love what I've heard so far .

I think it'll be the one with the church in Portugal.

12 minutes ago, Toni said:

I think it'll be the one with the church in Portugal.

The stomping disco one with drag queens ? hahaha . I hope it will be AMAZING ! 🌈

6 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Love it.

I guess he’s referring to Die Another Day (2:52)

1 hour ago, Butter9 said:

The stomping disco one with drag queens ? hahaha . I hope it will be AMAZING ! 🌈

I've heard so many rumours about the drag queen video. Last I read it's God Control.

Its so usual she has had a music video ready and waiting since February yet we have had one and another on its way for other songs.

Surly the theartre video will single number 3. It's all very exciting.

Just now, Confessit said:

I've heard so many rumours about the drag queen video. Last I read it's God Control.

Its so usual she has had a music video ready and waiting since February yet we have had one and another on its way for other songs.

Surly the theartre video will single number 3. It's all very exciting.

I was joking about the disco / drag queen stuffs.I thought they would have had all the music videos and the visuals don  by now .

It would be like a proper Madame X package musical experience .

However am excited and I hope I can get tickets to see her in London .

2 hours ago, Butter9 said:

Oh no, not disco stomper with a casio keyboard!! :headbang::lmao:

Nooo, in DB at the Eurovision she had the image of the church which led me to think what she filmed in Portugal was for that video. The one where she was not allowed bring her horse!