Medellin SINGLE has premiered (closed)

1 minute ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

It's on the trending page now. Views will increase quickly.

So what happens then next week when the music video comes out? 

Do we start all over again in terms of numbers/streams or will all the views from just the audio from the week leading upto the video be added to what the songs already gained without a music video?

I ask this as I was surprised she didn't drop the video today and is waiting a week between the song dropping and the video....

1 minute ago, mtzlplk said:

oh ok, that explains it... excellent, more exposure... i think it can debut in the Hot 100 from the streams alone these two days...

That's incredible stuff. 

Makes me wish today was Friday though as she would of had a killer first week with today's numbers.

1 hour ago, dubtronic said:

Wooow tausend Dank!! You are so quick! 

Personally, I don't mind Maluma in the chorus, it's really just his random shouts into M's verses that's throwing me off (Dime, Te gusta etc). Sounds so much better in your version without them :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Confessit said:

I agree fantastic beat and the cha cha cha is a nice hook.

I know it's only a day but I've had a look in the sales thread and the song is number 1 in many of the Latin iTunes Charts and in Spain....

...I think the song will burn the charts in these markets where Maluma has a huge following and influence. I would be shocked if the song flopped in these territories, it would be Maluma first flop.

That is not true, Maluma has flopped numerous times, especially lately...

So... on the press release they say theyll release more songs before the full album release. If Madame X follows a narrative, will track number 2, Dark Ballet and its video, be the next release? There are 8-9 weeks before the album release. How many singles/ video releases will there be by then? Im confident shes filmed videos for multiple songs its pretty obvious. 

Its a good strategy to keeo momentum going: first single/ video release / eurovision / second single / album release / visual album / tour. It will all work very well as long as there are no leaks.

1 minute ago, Nonoka said:

Wooow tausend Dank!! You are so quick! 

Personally, I don't mind Maluma in the chorus, it's really just his random shouts into M's verses that's throwing me off (Dime, Te gusta etc). Sounds so much better in your version without them :thumbsup:

Please listen to the actual version and give M streams or youtube views, thanks!

1 minute ago, realityisalways said:

That is not true, Maluma has flopped numerous times, especially lately...

I didn't realise that I thought he was still successful continually I know he's only 25.

14 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I didn't realise that I thought he was still successful continually I know he's only 25.

Im having trouble finding a chart of all his singles and their performance on latin countries, but if you can find it you will see that he has released tons of stuff that didnt stick, his very latest HD has had a decent performance but after many singles that underperformed...

Ok I just finally listened to it properly, turned up in good headphones and holy shit I am so hyped amazing!! Every listen I love it more, its mixed so well and it's so expansive and romantic and hot, it's just everything she did it again, she slayed me. Mirwais production is so exciting, he and Madonna are such a perfect match and Maluma got me pregnant

youtube views are worldwide with small fraction in the US

billbored is shady af to madonna so i doubt they will blend the two days before cut off. and i'm not sure it will go top 100 with just two days?

8 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Please listen to the actual version and give M streams or youtube views, thanks!

Yeah I did stream it once this evening, but honestly - I know this might not go down well here :laugh: - I am not too interested in pushing the song for some extra sales or something as I've stopped caring about the charts long ago. You should see the shit that is making its rounds in the Top 20 here. So by now I'm just enjoying M's music without thinking of charts success etc.

2 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

does that ranking only refreshes once a day?

yes just once a day and the positions in all the major markets have risen a lot since it was tabulated, so tomorrow should be even higher unless it plummets between now and then

Well. I listened to it at work (5pm UK) and I wasn't alone and didn't have my headphones. So im going to listen now. And if you guys don't mind I'll give my opinion. So excited 

10 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

Rebel- bitch, she may be Madonna, but at 60, the chances of huge chart success are limited. If it happened, it would be a big, pleasant surpris

Has it been sent to radio yet?  Has anyone heard it anywhere?