Medellin SINGLE has premiered (closed)

I'm so stealing slow down Papi and using it the next time i have sex....

I LOVE IT!  I thought of 1,2 cha cha with the tic tac tic tac, but this is more prominent and highly integrated to the song.

I thought the chorus was not very strong, its not a sing along chorus, but it grows though, and i thought it fits well.  

LOVE Madonna's voice, the sultry verses speaks volumes and feels like the chorus to me, melody wise.

LOVE the small nuances, the slowdown papi, the ay-ya-yay little beeps and all.

LOVE the extended ending that calls for some more dancing.

I can't believe some of you are thinking this will not go well in non english countries. This song stands out, its breezy,  light, fun.

If radios embrace it, it will be huge!  Indeed the best first single since Hung Up, and for the US, best one since Music!

On my mobile phone it said that the video on YouTube is trending on #25 

Don't know whether this applies only to my country or worldwide

My first impressions:

Love the tempo - was worried it would be a hyperactive 'Despacito' number.

Surprisingly personal lyrics from her and a lovely verse melody.

Thought it was building to a bigger chorus and that what I was hearing was just a pre-chorus bridge, but nope.

She's been very generous to Maluma with his parts - explains why it's 'Madonna and Maluma', not 'feat. Maluma'. I like it when artists can share the spotlight and Madonna is very gracious and not at all like what her haters think of her in this regard.

I cant imagine the song being a smash in Australia but here's hoping for Top 10.

I like the song and hope it will grow on me.

2 minutes ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

It's trending here in the US at 25, so it's probably worldwide.

Im from brazil and the video is trending on #06.

Go girl!

676.000 views in 6 hours.  

36 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Are you sure?

Well, Bitch I’m Maduma has even less views. It will land somewhere for sure. 

Welcome back M!

Its a great first single- it has taken a few times to get into it but I can appreciate it and like it.

As someone said it feels geniune, nostalgic- we can all relate- dreaming of being naive and falling in love.

The production is great- the beginning is beautiful- almost acapella.

I do think there is one too many verses. I think the ending is amazing and should have been featured more in the earlier part of the song- it gets you going. The first time the chorus hits it feels like a pre- chorus and then goes back to verse- 1,2 chachacha ending would have been great here. Also it is a bit hard to understand the lyrics of the chorus (*trip*) which is not ideal.

But this is her version, her vision and I respect and I enjoy it. It is fun and breezy, I could imagine playing this on the beach during a warm summer day. Lots of details sonically as well. Feels like they put in the time to produce it.

Malumas reaction is priceless and beautiful. He is really honoring her which is amazing. Also grear exposure for track!

Lastly, I am very excited to see how this all fits in the context of Madame X as part of the story. 

M seems inspired. The song is her universe even with Maluma in it. The voice. The phrasing. Even though I think the first chorus is not too clear because of effects, the verses feel special because they feel humane and heartfelt while still having an autotune effect. I might be reading too much into it but maybe this is that Madame X character jaded, in the grind but her emotions and longing coming through.

Guest eroticerotic

I love the sped up version a lot! love the song I’m not sure why people say the chorus isn’t cAtchy plus mirwais production is perfect.

the pace could be faster  and I Didn’t like the auto tune  felt unnecessary or the vocal mixing  I could hear static when vocals come on and both  their vocals sounded like they were mixed differently. These are all just technical things my ears are trained to pick up but the song itself is great!

1 minute ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Why there are two entries?

They better unite them for BB. If that keeps it from charting it'll be the epitome of incompetence.

Just now, Dany Targaryen said:

They better unite them for BB. If that keeps it from charting it'll be the epitome of incompetence.

Someone in here said they will just combine the numbers from both versions....

Can someone please confirm if this is true. Otherwise it's ridiculous.